Studio Canal going from Hd dvd to Format Neutral - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-30-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Studio Canal going from Hd dvd to Format Neutral Releases

It appears that the Studio with the 3rd largest film library in the world has gone from solely producing Hd dvd titles in hidef to also including Blu ray titles.
Those readers who are familier with SC might appreciate this update..

LInk to source:
http://www.dvdrama.com/news.php?21769

If you are unfamilier with SC I encourage you to look 'em up on wikipedia or something as there's info out there regarding them.

Secondly, for those from the US, I have no idea how this change in studio stance effects you. But, the signal in the rest of the world is that the Blu ray formats momentum in the hidef market has been sufficient to encourage release on it as well as Hd in europe.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Helo; 08-30-2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-30-2007, 04:11 AM

I only say this: woohoo!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:57 AM

Yeah from what i understand, this is a VERY big deal, especially internationally. They had a hand in hot fuzz, didn't they?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Hot Fuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman3888 View Post
Yeah from what i understand, this is a VERY big deal, especially internationally. They had a hand in hot fuzz, didn't they?
That's correct.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/combined
Old 08-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Special Member

I think what people have to remember (since many have forgot) is that SC was never "exclusive" they made an announcement last year for a Blu-ray title and then pulled it. Never once have they stated that they are exclusive to HD DVD, just because they haven't released on the format means nothing in the end...While it definately exciting for those in Europe that own Blu-ray especially, please take the news with a grain of salt as they have done this before and from what I have seen it still hasnt been confirmed on the SC website (at my last check).

Just a side note remember that this is the General section NOT the smackdown section. If you want to talk smack please take it to the smackdown forum.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Not intended for smackdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8 View Post
I think what people have to remember (since many have forgot) is that SC was never "exclusive" they made an announcement last year for a Blu-ray title and then pulled it. Never once have they stated that they are exclusive to HD DVD, just because they haven't released on the format means nothing in the end...While it definately exciting for those in Europe that own Blu-ray especially, please take the news with a grain of salt as they have done this before and from what I have seen it still hasnt been confirmed on the SC website (at my last check).

Just a side note remember that this is the General section NOT the smackdown section. If you want to talk smack please take it to the smackdown forum.
Thank you for your comments. The news that is meant to be new is the release of titles in both formats, showing that they are going from having solely released on Hd to releasing on both. I apologize if this has been unclear. But nothing is final until it is in stores. I'll attempt to correct this.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM

thats great and all for outside of the USA but too bad most blu ray players are region coded so they can't import anyways
Old 09-05-2007, 10:19 PM

I read that they were always nuetral.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 AM

Default They probably were..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3d 1 View Post
I read that they were always nuetral.
They probably always were. However, they've been presented as Hd dvd exclusive around europe since they hadn't announced or released any titles in BD as well..
Old 09-06-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
It appears that the Studio with the 3rd largest film library in the world has gone from solely producing Hd dvd titles in hidef to also including Blu ray titles.
Those readers who are familier with SC might appreciate this update..

LInk to source:
http://www.dvdrama.com/news.php?21769

If you are unfamilier with SC I encourage you to look 'em up on wikipedia or something as there's info out there regarding them.

Secondly, for those from the US, I have no idea how this change in studio stance effects you. But, the signal in the rest of the world is that the Blu ray formats momentum in the hidef market has been sufficient to encourage release on it as well as Hd in europe.

Thanks for reading

That is the most awful website I HAVE EVER SEEN! HOLY CHRIST!