Heroes box art vs. Lost box art - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-22-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Heroes box art vs. Lost box art

The red vs. blue battle continues, and I'm really glad I chose the red side. The box art for Heroes looks so slick and the newly released box art for Lost looks like complete trash. See below:

Old 08-22-2007, 07:15 PM

Yuck, they REALLY overdid it with the blue coloring on the Lost art. I guess one would argue they need to until people stop just buying things with big letters and they assume it's dvd, but in the meantime those of us who want to display blu-ray have to have our collection go overboard with the blue theme. Well, at least they dropped the stupid cover swoosh. That would be the only thing worse.

I love how other than the red stripe and the big HD-DVD letters, the boxart for Heroes is relatively unchanged. I was originally afraid it would be in a giant red case with the silver frame for the cover art and all that jazz.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:17 PM

Yep, the Lost BD artwork looks like s**t, but it'd probably look bad with red too. I think that's just a slipcase and the actual art should look much nicer. I have Lost seasons 1 & 2 on SD DVD and I love the art and packaging.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned

That lost is horrible.. the heroes is nicer

I just wish they woulda started with lost season 1.. i missed season 1 and 2 -_0V
Old 08-22-2007, 08:02 PM

I don't give a damn about the friggin box covers. They're very good shows and I enjoy watching em both.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Former Member

....seriously? Black goes well with red, and green goes well with blue. ZOMG there's blue on that box, it's instantly shit? The same thing was said when the Spiderman box came out and it was...omg...wait for it....wait for it....BLUE, just like 1/2 his costume!

and since when are box covers/cover art in competition with eachother? Is this a new show, COVER ART DEATHMATCH? Is this some snobby aesthetic thing? Does it ruin the feng shui of the room?

Old 08-22-2007, 09:02 PM

well i think ill be watching the shows and not the box....SOOOO. who cares?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
....seriously? Black goes well with red, and green goes well with blue. ZOMG there's blue on that box, it's instantly shit? The same thing was said when the Spiderman box came out and it was...omg...wait for it....wait for it....BLUE, just like 1/2 his costume!

and since when are box covers/cover art in competition with eachother? Is this a new show, COVER ART DEATHMATCH? Is this some snobby aesthetic thing? Does it ruin the feng shui of the room?
God forbid people have an opinion about box art and discuss comparisons between the two first big tv releases on the opposing formats. As little value as you think this thread holds, you've contributed even less to it. The only thing less interesting would be posting a played out image macro that stopped being funny 3 years ago. Wait...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Former Member

First big tv releases? I'm sorry, what classifies as BIG? Doesn't being released in these formats classify as BIG, therefore, Sopranos, Smallville, and Rescue Me were a bit earlier, not to mention Weeds which has TWO seasons available. And does big mean expensive? Again 3 titles in the same price range. Amount of discs? Oops, again, same. So no, pal.

Secondly, god forbid people make EVERYTHING into a fight. This thread is just flat out RED looks better than BLU, aka HD is better than Blu, that don't take a rocket scientist or Stevie Wonder to figure out. Sorry that I point out when people are taking things a bit too seriously and threads start spilling out from the forum where they belong. And sorry that since my opinion differs from yours, anything I say, will say, or have said is baseless. Especially since this is the 2nd time in ONE day where you've just done nothing but say my posts are shit.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
First big tv releases? I'm sorry, what classifies as BIG? Doesn't being released in these formats classify as BIG, therefore, Sopranos, Smallville, and Rescue Me were a bit earlier, not to mention Weeds which has TWO seasons available. And does big mean expensive? Again 3 titles in the same price range. Amount of discs? Oops, again, same. So no, pal.

Secondly, god forbid people make EVERYTHING into a fight. This thread is just flat out RED looks better than BLU, aka HD is better than Blu, that don't take a rocket scientist or Stevie Wonder to figure out. Sorry that I point out when people are taking things a bit too seriously and threads start spilling out from the forum where they belong. And sorry that since my opinion differs from yours, anything I say, will say, or have said is baseless. Especially since this is the 2nd time in ONE day where you've just done nothing but say my posts are shit.
From your view, I can see why you don't think these two titles are big. However, look at how much they sell, the ratings, the buzz, the talk. Lost is undoutably one of the biggest shows on tv, same as Heroes. Sopranos, Smallville, and Rescue Me were barely blips on the radar as far as sales went of their high def releases. Weeds is arguable because season 1 made it into the bottom half of the top 10, but it wasn't going up against another show. I can see why you see these shows how you do, is it that hard to see how myself and others see what we do in terms of importance of these series?

Regarding the aesthetics, this isn't about comparing the color red vs blue (OR making it about HD DVD and Blu-ray). If it was, you would have seen a discussion about this when the Sopranos hit, where the box art was identical other than color. What we were discussing and debating (before your contribution of "this thread sucks" came into this thread) was how the art looked. Take a look at the Heroes dvd art, and look at the HD-DVD art. Only difference is the red stripe and the logo of the format. The blu-ray release of lost took the cover art, and made the rest of the box blue. You don't see why people would want to talk about that?

You're also overreacting as far as me calling your posts out. I've called you out twice in a short period of time, fine. But if you were to follow my post history, I (like many others) do that to people I disagree with. The fact you're taking it so personally is laughable.

For the record, I have you on ignore, so if you see me responding to you in any threads, just remember I had to voluntarily read your post, and I'm not trying to follow you and harass you for your opinion or anything.