How important are special features in a movie to you? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: How important are the Special or Extra features?
Very important 9 28.13%
Important 7 21.88%
I only care about the movie 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2007, 07:55 PM

Default How important are special features in a movie to you?

This poll is to have an idea of how much the consumer care about Extras in a movie at the time of buying the movie.

Last edited by jettercool; 01-04-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 AM

The only Special Feature that matters to me is Commentary. I really dig the commentaries. However...if the movie is REALLY funny...Ill check for deleted scenes...or bloopers.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettercool View Post
This poll is to have an idea of how much the consumer care about Extras in a movie at the time of buying the movie.
When I have the time and after watching the DVD/HD-DVD movie, I always dig into any extras a DVD or HD-DVD might offer. Extras always bring insight to how much work goes into making movies. It's always a great opportunity to hear from the director/producer and learn about their styles through the dialog/commentary they give as part of the extras.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

I think this thread is better served in General Discussion: Both Formats.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:36 PM

This is why I think only 30 gigs is needed. Put the movie on one disc. If the special features are that good put them on the second.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 PM

I don't about the rest of you, but I like two discs even though one disc has yet to fail to impress with all the extras.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:59 PM

It all depends on what types of special features there are. Things like slideshows, image galleries, 5 minute making of featurette, etc. don't really excite me.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 View Post
It all depends on what types of special features there are. Things like slideshows, image galleries, 5 minute making of featurette, etc. don't really excite me.
I agree. I can not tell you the last time I have watched special features on a dvd. I bought the SD Spercial Edition of V for Vendetta just for the Natalie Portman SNL Rap, and I have yet to watch it. It is also on te HD version, and I have yet to watch it there either. So I have bought disc's b/c of the geatures and still not watched them.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 PM

I have to say that I, too love commentaries. Trailers are good, too if they were especially memorable. I do hate getting a stand-alone movie, though! I guess it makes it more worthhile to me if there are extra features----and some, like those produced on Peter Jackson films, or some really great documentaries like that old one with Lucas from the Episode I dvd.

I must say though I'm enjoying this "In movie experience" the little bit that I've seen on the Batman Begins HD DVD.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 PM

I checked "I only care about the movie" because there was no "they are minimally important to me" option

I'm not going to buy or avoid a movie because of special features. But there are some special features I like and some I don't like.

If there is a movie which has a really good score I love watching and listening to the "How the music was made" special feature. If a movie is based on a true story or inspired by a true store I can get into those special features.

But I am not into commentaries at all. They are a nice idea but I would rather watch the movie like a normal movie and then watch a separate special feature later.

I selected I only care about the movie because it would be allright if there was no special features.