Bad news for Horror Fans of Anchor Bay - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-27-2011, 02:30 PM

Default Bad news for Horror Fans of Anchor Bay

Hellraiser was released by anchor bay on Bluray a little while ago and we were all waiting for them to release part 2 on bluray. The bad news is that a company called imagine is re-releasing Hellraiser 1 and releasing Hellraiser 2 on Bluray which leads me to believe that anchor Bay has lost the rights to the Hellraiser movies. Im not sure what the quality will be on those releases but scares me a little because of being spoiled by the bluray release of Hellraiser from Anchor Bay. NOW The part that realllllyy bothers me. Recently WALMART has been putting all the Halloweens that are licensed by Anchor Bay in the $5 bin. Parts 1, 4 and 5 and even the 25 years of terror dvd set . A while back right after they relelased Hellraiser on Bluray, Hellraiser 1 and 2 on regular DVD started showing up in the $5 Bin and now they are being released on BLuray from another company (IMAGE Ent.). Im hoping it's not true but its beginning to look like Anchor Bay lost the license to the halloween movies too. GULP. So lets hope that Echo ent. does not get the rights to the halloween 1,4 and 5 because they really messed up the Halloween 6 and 7 Blu Ray and if Image Ent. Gets them - Lets just hope they do them justice.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:46 AM

I have a bunch of Anchor Bay Blu-ray discs and for the most part have been happy with the quality and price. I don't know what is going on but I think Image Entertainment should do a comparable job if some of those titles are now going to be released through Image.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 AM

I wouldn't panic. Image Entertainment isn't new, they've been around for awhile.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM

What part of the Hellraiser License does Anchor bay own exactly? I realize they released the original several years ago, but the recent release of Bloodline/inferno was on "EchoBridge". I'd find it hard to believe that a 3rd company is involved now with the recent release of Bloodline/Inferno and the upcoming "Deader" film already dated as well. Only explanation i could come up with is that the first 3 were licensed separate from the last 5, although even that doesn't make sense as Clive Barker was involved with 1-4, so if a dual license existed, I would have assumed it would have split the series based on what clive was/wasn't involved with. In other words.. 1-4 all go to Anchor Bay... 5 onward go to Another company.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:39 PM

Image Entertainment is now releasing them. They are already up on Amazon.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:17 PM

Anchor bay owned the rights for Hellraiser 1 and 2 until - Imagine just picked them up. Anchor bay has released Hellraiser 1 on Bluray but now Imagine is releasing hellraiser 1 again on bluray and Hellraiser 2 for the first time on Blue ray.
Halloween 1, 4 and 5 were being released on DVD by Anchor Bay. Halloween 1 was recently released on Bluray by anchorbay while 4 and 5 have been kinda lost in limbo as of right now. Halloween 2 and 3 are still being released by universal and halloween 2 is being released later this year on bluray by universal.
Halloween 6 and H20 are being released on blu ray by echo. No word yet on halloween 8 on bluray but Echo has released a standard DVd of Halloween Resurrection (Halloween 8). Echo also has Hellraiser 3 4 5 6 7 8 and have released hellraiser 4 and 5 on blue ray with Hellraiser Hellworld being released on blu ray in the coming month. No word yet on bluray version of Hellraiser 3, 6- hellseeker or 7 deader.
But hopefully Image will et there hands on Halloween 4 and 5 for Blu ray and wished that they wouldve for the Hellraisers as the Echo releases on bluray so far have been terrible. No clean up and were just slapped on a bluray.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Well its a tough call really because the first 3 Hellraisers werent even done by Anchor Bay or even Dimension (who released everything Bloodlines and after), the rights to these, Halloweens, the Fridays and all those other horror series have gone all over the place, you cant even find an unrated copy of Hellraiser III in the states, its never been released, you had to get it in the box set from the UK, so it doesnt surprise me that they've changed hands again.

Either way I wont be buying these on Bluray, especially Echo Bridge releases, I got Hellraiser from Anchor Bay cause that was a decent release, so we'll see how these IMAGE releases are before I add any more to the collection
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
I wouldn't panic. Image Entertainment isn't new, they've been around for awhile.
yes, I totally agree with you - Image Entertainment isn't new, they've been around for awhile.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmar View Post
yes, I totally agree with you - Image Entertainment isn't new, they've been around for awhile.
Like this thread?
Old 12-08-2017, 07:02 AM

They are on amazon don't worry