Page 1 of 1927 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28903

Thread: Forza vs GT

  1. #1
    Raceworx's Avatar
    Raceworx is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    383

    Default Forza vs GT

    NOT!!

    sorry but having watched the microsoft confrence the bull that was spewing from that guys mouth was unbelievable..

    400 cars will be nothing GT4 had over 700 cars from 80 manufacturers GT5 is looking to have even more!

    they went on about it being the "best looking" on "ANY" console.. im sorry but the GT5 video at the soney confrence to quote someone on here "took a massive dump on forza"

    then theres this 1 button driving! who the hell buys a racing game that only needs 1 button to drive the thing! people said MGS4 was a movie well now you can watch a car race on Xbox holding a button..

    then lets take a look at the industry experts they showed on the VT talking about how good a "RACING" game it was..

    first up a tatto artist! thats right a tatto artist.. second there was a female painter who spends alot of time painting on a "racing" game.. then there was an actual rally driver okay so now we are getting good lets here him talk about how realistic the physics are.. oh wait no hes talking about how they used forza to design the stickers on his rally car.. seeing a link here? not a single person praising the game for being a great racing game all praising it for being able to put stickers on your car!!

    im sorry but you can shove your difinative up your ass.. i loved forza 2 but you completly turned me off forza 3 just with the amount of disrespect they showed to the GT franchise.. polyphony digital changed racing games on consolles and they also changed a huge part of the car industry! not only that but they have praise from actual rasing drivers and motoring journalists for the fact the games they make are so realistic not just how well they can make stickers...

    so in short forza 3 may well look nice but in no way will it be the diffinative racing game of this gen or any gen. that title will always go to GT you can quote me or whatever you want thats just how it is..


    PS fucking definitive.. definitive .... definitive!!!

  2. #2
    CaptKain's Avatar
    CaptKain is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    N.S., Canada
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Hmmm, well. I bought a PS2 cause of GT4. I bought a PS3 partily cause of GT 5. What I see so far is a piece of crap "Prologue" and no "definitive" release date yet.
    I never thought I would say this but..."GT is nothing so far" in this generation of systems. All GT has produced so far is a broken prologue not even worth the $40 it costs.
    Forza is still the best in this gen so far......

    ...I Pray if GT full version is ever released that it lives to the hype and quality of previous GT's
    System Specs
    Sony 4K LCD XBR-55X850B/ H/K AVR745/ JPW Sats'99 / Kef Ref Q9C Center/ Klipsch RF-82 Frt's/ JBL Sub PSW1200/ 360 w/HD-DVD/ Xbox One

    Fav's
    BSG, SW, LOTR, BOB, Gladiator(Crowe), Harry Potter(The real way FF should be portrayed IMHO)

  3. #3
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,000

    Default

    yay on opinion based threads!

    I dunno about you guys but I almost had an accident in the pants seeing the Forza 3 clip on Monday. Looks amazing and can't freakin wait!!!

    GT5 I'll pick up day 1 but the fact that Turn10 cranked out THREE Forzas that from day 1 were significantly better and had more to offer gamewise than any GT to date AND between the time that PD cranked out out 2 is hysterical.

    We'll wait till both games are released and see which one plays better, looks better, has more features, and in the end is the better game. I already see myself spending WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more time on Forza 3 than on GT5. and sorry... I don't want 30 versions of the same Skyline

    OP, ever play any of the previous Forzas? I'm assuming not because the custom liveries as in paint your own car is a world of it's own. It's badass to race a car you bought, modified, tuned AND painted.
    I also take it you never played previous GTs either since there was a similar '1 button' mode as in you watch the AI in GT race your car and you tell him how aggressive to race the track
    Guess those added features via patches by 2008 never came, as neither did GT:Mobile and you say Turn10 disrespects the racing world? It's business and it's the competition
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

  4. #4
    tonyb is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    going to pick up forza3 on release data

    and gt5

    (and nfs:shift)

    sorry i'm not good at smackdown when it comes to driving games

  5. #5
    Dennis M. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    4,259

    Default

    The GT5 trailer had amazing graphics (that was a given), damage and licensing agreements with WRC and NASCAR. The only thing missing is the release date but hopefully we 'll know by TGS.
    I'm not happy they 're pushing it back yet again to concentrate resources on the freaking PSP but I have little doubt that when it comes out it will be the biggest and best racing sim on the market.
    Forza 3 will be great no doubt but GT is more special to me.

  6. #6
    Raceworx's Avatar
    Raceworx is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    yay on opinion based threads!

    I dunno about you guys but I almost had an accident in the pants seeing the Forza 3 clip on Monday. Looks amazing and can't freakin wait!!!

    GT5 I'll pick up day 1 but the fact that Turn10 cranked out THREE Forzas that from day 1 were significantly better and had more to offer gamewise than any GT to date AND between the time that PD cranked out out 2 is hysterical.

    We'll wait till both games are released and see which one plays better, looks better, has more features, and in the end is the better game. I already see myself spending WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more time on Forza 3 than on GT5. and sorry... I don't want 30 versions of the same Skyline

    OP, ever play any of the previous Forzas? I'm assuming not because the custom liveries as in paint your own car is a world of it's own. It's badass to race a car you bought, modified, tuned AND painted.
    I also take it you never played previous GTs either since there was a similar '1 button' mode as in you watch the AI in GT race your car and you tell him how aggressive to race the track
    did you even read my thread i quote "i loved forza 2" played all the forzas so far and all the gt's and all the nfs and all the burnouts im a huge car fan id be stupid not to..

    your missing my point though GT has always been sold on the fact that it is the most realistic consol racing game.. every game they tear up the old physics sytems and start again.. they go to actual racetracks get data from hundreds of cars spend months meassuring the tracks and the cars and because of this accuracy it has a following second to non..

    forza in that video was sold on the fact you can paint your cars really nice colours im mean look at all these industry specialist who agree forza is great at graphics (stickers)

    you mentioned "It's badass to race a car you bought, modified, tuned AND painted."

    yes it is you can on every GT so Far and in more detail aside from painting.. forza 1 and 2 were to easy to earn money a few hours into it and you can have a Ls1 powerd super car...

    GT was so much more of an experiance.. having to earn a license to even start racing just as you do in real life! then only winning a few thousand credits that bought you a flywheel for your shitty corrolla.. you had to actually play the game to get anywhere..

    you mentioned tuning the options in GT4 far excelled the settings you could mess with on Forza you could spend hours messing with suspention settings ect which to me is far more intresting an relivant than spending hours drawing a huge **** on the side of your car.. i baught a car in a colour i wanted and then raced it..

    you may feel forza is a better game and i have nowhere said it isnt a good game and i will buy it in the end after much angst as i agree PD are dragging there heels but they have just released a fully fledged GT for the PSP so it does go someway to explaining there slow pace.

    what winds me up the the fact MS is somehow twisting GT5 to market forza.. GT got its acclaim on its own merits it appeared and it won fans because its a damn good racing game and they put allot of effort to get it there.. MS saw that market and branded forza as a GT killer so they could hanging on the coat tails of GT plain and simple heres a thought would forza even be with us if GT wasnt made?

    the one button race was put under the title of "driver assistance" not replay or you have the ability to watch a race.. they said 1 button racing so its easy for everyone to "jump in" and play.. meaning to me you can race with just 1 button

    can you tell me where they were significantly better?? id really love to know.. aside from the fact you can paint your car

    oh and as for trying to undermine the argument with "yay an opinion based thread" i think youll find most threads and even this fourm are opinons based you think the blue ray reviews are fact do you... and right now your opinion is forza is better mine is GT is better..

  7. #7
    viewsonic's Avatar
    viewsonic is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    To describe Forza 3 as the definitive racing game of this generation was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of everyone watching.
    PSN, XBL, Steam, Origin, Twitch, YouTube & Twitter ID: Redswipe

  8. #8
    Dennis M. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    4,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
    To describe Forza 3 as the definitive racing game of this generation was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of everyone watching.
    As long as Polyphony is procrastinating they have every right to do so. But yeah, I fully expect GT5 to raise the bar to unattainable heights for every competitor including Forza 3.

  9. #9
    vinnie97's Avatar
    vinnie97 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
    To describe Forza 3 as the definitive racing game of this generation was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of everyone watching.
    Only to PS3 fanatics (again, generalized usage of the term here and not directly meant as a demeaning label for anyone here, which would be the equivalent of calling somebody an Xbot as far as I'm concerned, mods) would it be an insult to one's intelligence. As has already been stated, one team has actually been delivering rather than incessantly teasing.

  10. #10
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    12,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
    To describe Forza 3 as the definitive racing game of this generation was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of everyone watching.
    Will GT5 be 60 fps? Not that it's the thing to hang a hat on, but I was impressed when I heard that. I suspect these two games will be strong in different ways, and NFS: Shift will compete with both.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  11. #11
    Dennis M. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    4,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
    Will GT5 be 60 fps? Not that it's the thing to hang a hat on, but I was impressed when I heard that. I suspect these two games will be strong in different ways.
    GT5P was 60fps so that's a safe bet.

  12. #12
    maley is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
    Only to PS3 fanatics (again, generalized usage of the term here and not directly meant as a demeaning label for anyone here, which would be the equivalent of calling somebody an Xbot as far as I'm concerned, mods) would it be an insult to one's intelligence. As has already been stated, one team has actually been delivering rather than incessantly teasing.
    To their credit, they also had GT:Mobile, which yes has also been in development forever. This is to be expected from PD, at least if you've played any previous GT and followed their dev time from gen to gen. Developing their engines takes a long time.

  13. #13
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    12,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
    GT5P was 60fps so that's a safe bet.
    Ah, I thought it was 30.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  14. #14
    Dennis M. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    4,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
    Ah, I thought it was 30.
    It's 60fps during gameplay and 30fps on replays with added post-processing effects to be precise.

  15. #15
    Liqwid's Avatar
    Liqwid is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Alabama (in a city)
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
    To describe Forza 3 as the definitive racing game of this generation was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of everyone watching.
    You won't ever know until you play it yourself. In my opinion, Microsoft demo'd it in the worst way possible.

    Having said that, I will be buying Forza 3 and GT5.

    One thing I need to know: what's a good steering wheel for the PS3. I would really like a first party wheel system like the 360's -- force feedback and everything.
    Sony Playstation 3
    Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on
    Movie Collection
    : LiqwidZero
    : LiqwidZero

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1