Page 3 of 1925 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza vs GT

cuco33 is online now Member

I just realized that GT5 didn't even have a release date... Guess it's safe to say no more 2009? which is... yet another failed promise.

I "love" Polyphony Digital"

Hardcore race fans like me know LIVEFORSPEED is the premier racing game.. not everyone does PC gaming though.
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count! Until Forza 7!
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

intheend is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    I just realized that GT5 didn't even have a release date... Guess it's safe to say no more 2009? which is... yet another failed promise.

Hardcore race fans like me know LIVEFORSPEED is the premier racing game.. not everyone does PC gaming though.
    just like graphics aren't everything neither are physics. LIVEFORSPEED falls short in alot of places too.

RedRedSuit is online now Member

What failed promise? When did they promise it in 2009?
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

intheend is offline Banned

coN
    coN is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by intheend View Post
    just like graphics aren't everything neither are physics. LIVEFORSPEED falls short in alot of places too.
    Other than graphics, where else?

And MS better release a wheel on par with the G25. I own one and the MS wheel doesnt even come close. I really dont play Forza that much anymore because of it really. If MS releases a wheel on par or if it supports the G25, im on board.

I just want Forza to correct its weight shifts and oversteer. Especially on FRs.

Also if GT5 does WRC right, they will have a monster on their hands. Could possibly be its system seller.

PS - When they are released, id love to play yall. Please be gentle with me as i do not know how to drive lol.
    Last edited by coN; 06-03-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Im never going to remember how to forget this...

Raceworx is offline Member

so your a hardcore race fan then?? yet you put forza above GT because you can paint the cars??

i think youll find real car fans spend there cash on there cars not on high end gaming PC's hence why consol sims do so well.. when its off season and you want to keep yourself occupied without spannering you can jump on a game and play but because you have that in depth love of cars arcade games just dont cut it..

and the sales of GT4 and GT5P show just how much a loved game franchise it is.. and the main base for this is the amount of detail PD goes into if, that takes time so ill wait as i know it will be perfect when its released..

id rather them do that than release a polished version of GT4 with the same physics engine just to get out fast..

JAGUAR1977 is offline Member

I'm sure Forza 3 will be a great game and if on PS3, therefore able to use my DFGT, I'd certainly buy it.

That being said GT5 does look notably better.

GT5, NFS Shift and Forza 3 all look superb, even Dirt 2 looks to have addressed the handling problems of the original and improved on the already great graphics and sound.
    Last edited by JAGUAR1977; 06-03-2009 at 03:53 PM.

DaveS1138 is offline Member

When did they "promise" 2009??? I dont think a release date has ever been given.

Personally I prefer that they wait until they are finished with the game to their satisfaction before they release it. Far better that than to rush it to market just to be the first one out.

But then I also prefer they concentrate on little things like 16 cars (or more) on the track instead of giving me the option to put stickers on my car
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

JAGUAR1977 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
    Geez. That'll break the bank. It looks awesome, but I can't afford that!

What do you think about the Logitech Driving Force GT controller?

Bought one last week to replace my Driving Force Pro, the offical GT4 wheel.

The DFGT is like a G25 without the H shifter and cheaper pedals, though still very good.

The DFGT also has all of the PS3 controller buttons and a dial to change traction control, ABS etc. in game.

Liqwid is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by intheend View Post
    Now that's a better demo. I wish they had shown off more, though. That video was way too short.
    Sony Playstation 3
    Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on
    Movie Collection
    : LiqwidZero
    : LiqwidZero

SlaughterX is offline Member

Unlike the past few GT games, I actually find the Forza franchise to be enjoyable to play. How is GT5 "a generation" or even half a generation ahead of Forza when they have yet to even show damage in the car models, something that has been in the Forza games since the begining. I mean seriously, how can you make a racing "sim" with indestructible cars?

viewsonic is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
    How is GT5 "a generation" or even half a generation ahead of Forza when they have yet to even show damage in the car models,

I take it you didnt bother to watch the E3 GT5 vid before posting this?

The 'damage' attack was always pretty lame but now has no validity at all.
    PSN, XBL, Steam, Origin, Twitch, YouTube & Twitter ID: Redswipe

Badger3920 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
    Unlike the past few GT games, I actually find the Forza franchise to be enjoyable to play. How is GT5 "a generation" or even half a generation ahead of Forza when they have yet to even show damage in the car models, something that has been in the Forza games since the begining. I mean seriously, how can you make a racing "sim" with indestructible cars?
    Fanboy drivel.

Finding one racing sim "enjoyable to play" while the other one it's trying to mimmick is disinteresing or unpalettable..

It's nonsense, your fanboy is showing.

SlaughterX is offline Member

Yeah it's not possible to find one unenjoyable because in essence they are all the same, thus making this whole thread pointless amirite?

tonyb is offline Member

got to agree with the negative comments for the 'dancing on cars' but i'm preordering

(along with nfs:shift, gt5 and possibly blur)

why do they all come along at once?