Page 1918 of 1927 FirstFirst ... 918141818181868190819161917191819191920 ... LastLast
Results 28,756 to 28,770 of 28903

Thread: Forza vs GT

DaveS1138 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    I only brought up Digital Foundry in relation to technical aspects, not nerdy dudes who play games with a pretend wheel in their home! LOL..JK.
    Nice

I told my wife if she ever sees me wearing racing shoes or gloves when I'm playing it's time to take me out behind the shed and put me out of my misery
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

hdinred is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    Nice

I told my wife if she ever sees me wearing racing shoes or gloves when I'm playing it's time to take me out behind the shed and put me out of my misery
    Ha!

Really though, I just like a racing sim that looks and plays good. You know far more about the category than me. I just want to play a game, not worry about tire pressure, lap times, etc.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

How about pit crews

Looks like Forza 7 still has invisible pit crews......that would just destroy the immersion for me

Gran Turismo has had pit crews since the PS2 days......

Project Cars 2 even lets you do fully manual pit stops

arguably worse the Forza 7 reveal trailer had pit crews featured prominently in what they claimed was 'in game footage'......

Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

and since I'm posting clips.....GT announce that Interlagos is finally coming to GT.

How about pit crews
    He's in Crackdown 3, right?

The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

He's in Crackdown 3, right?
    I had a feeling this bad joke might kill the entire thread.. mission accomplished!

You know far more about the category than me.
    Pfft. I'm not that good. Yesterday I couldn't even catch a guy that only had 3 wheels.

Sorry. I don't know what crackdown is

Looks like we can finally lock down this thread and end the debate on which game is better....
    ....cause it turns out BATMAN!!! drives a freekin Vision Gran Turismo car.

What else is there to even discuss

The GT Sport demo is pretty impressive, it looks very polished. Not really fair to compare what I saw on PS4 Pro to FM7 on a standard Xbox One, we'll see what native 4K + High Res assets do for FM7.

What do you think, Dave?

The GT Sport demo is pretty impressive, it looks very polished. Not really fair to compare what I saw on PS4 Pro to FM7 on a standard Xbox One, we'll see what native 4K + High Res assets do for FM7.

What do you think, Dave?
    Been surprisingly impressed with it. I really wish Project Cars had this level of polish.

The physics and force feedback are noticeably better than they were in the Beta but still not at the level of Assetto Corsa. Better than I experienced in the Forza 7 demo though.

AI are less openly aggressive than they were in F7 too but they still need to be more aware of where you are on track.

Graphically I'm not so sure you would win a bet based on your comment that Forza will be the best looking racer. GTSport has made some really big improvements since the Beta. It's really impressive on my pro and 4K HDR setup. And Red will be happy to see that without a locked 60fps they have 3D animated crowds.
    It will be interesting to compare it to Forza on the X in 4K.

Content wise it's really impressive for a demo. Online racing. Custom races against the AI. Time trials. Two player battles. A big selection of scapes to try out photo mode with. The livery editor seems to have everything but the ability to import your own designs which will only unlock with the full game. A bunch of license tests and driving missions to try.
    Way more content than I would expect in a demo.

And the ability to carry over your progress to the full game is a nice touch.

Been surprisingly impressed with it. I really wish Project Cars had this level of polish.

The physics and force feedback are noticeably better than they were in the Beta but still not at the level of Assetto Corsa. Better than I experienced in the Forza 7 demo though.

AI are less openly aggressive than they were in F7 too but they still need to be more aware of where you are on track.

Graphically I'm not so sure you would win a bet based on your comment that Forza will be the best looking racer. GTSport has made some really big improvements since the Beta. It's really impressive on my pro and 4K HDR setup. And Red will be happy to see that without a locked 60fps they have 3D animated crowds.
    It will be interesting to compare it to Forza on the X in 4K.

Content wise it's really impressive for a demo. Online racing. Custom races against the AI. Time trials. Two player battles. A big selection of scapes to try out photo mode with. The livery editor seems to have everything but the ability to import your own designs which will only unlock with the full game. A bunch of license tests and driving missions to try.
    Way more content than I would expect in a demo.

And the ability to carry over your progress to the full game is a nice touch.
    Not sure I ever said Forza would be the best looking racer.. actually, based on the demo, I'd probably give the nod to GTS.. of course, that's comparing PS4 Pro to a standard Xbox One.

I definitely got a better sense of speed playing Forza, it makes GTS seem somewhat slow. The controls in GTS take some getting use to, almost like it snaps you back after turns. The HUD is sort of overdone too.

Still, impressive demo overall. Love that progress filters to full game, all demos should do that!

Not sure I ever said Forza would be the best looking racer.. actually, based on the demo, I'd probably give the nod to GTS.. of course, that's comparing PS4 Pro to a standard Xbox One.

I definitely got a better sense of speed playing Forza, it makes GTS seem somewhat slow. The controls in GTS take some getting use to, almost like it snaps you back after turns. The HUD is sort of overdone too.

Still, impressive demo overall. Love that progress filters to full game, all demos should do that!
    I thought I remembered you saying it jokingly Could be wrong though.

If you are playing with a standard controller everything I have heard is that Forza have pretty much the best system....I haven't played with a controller in years so I can't judge.

I find the rear wheel cars a little tail happy coming out of corners in GTSport. Not sure if that's what you mean about snapping back.

I'm really enjoying the driving missions at the moment. There was a fun one I was trying last night where you had to finish first but you don't have enough fuel to finish the race so have to have a pit stop.....but it's up to you when to pit, how much fuel to take on, whether to take the extra time to also get fresh tyres....all choices that will determine how long your pit stop is and where you will come out of the pits in relation to other drivers.....much more interesting than the standard race you typically see in career mode.

still......loving their lighting engine as usual

Unfortunately tonight is the last night the demo is available

Unfortunately tonight is the last night the demo is available
    That's pretty cheesy.. even offline races?

That's pretty cheesy.. even offline races?
    Yep. Nothing works if you are not connected to the servers. In the game description it says you can race offline but they have taken the servers down a few times during the demo and nothing works when they did. You can't even take photos in scapes mode or create liveries.

More worrying it looks like that's how the actual game will work too. Save games will be saved to the servers so if the servers are down you cannot save your progress in the game. You will be able to load a local save at least but any progress you make will be lost until the servers come back up.

Luckily Sony have never had any issues with a racing game spending months before they could get the servers working correctly so nothing could possibly go wrong with that huh?

I only brought up Digital Foundry in relation to technical aspects, not nerdy dudes who play games with a pretend wheel in their home! LOL..JK.
    Dudes who are all about FAKE cars who need to have a fake car set up in their home to play video games are rage inducing. Seriously.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.