Page 1891 of 1927 FirstFirst ... 8911391179118411881188918901891189218931901 ... LastLast
Results 28,351 to 28,365 of 28892

Thread: Forza vs GT

DaveS1138 is online now Member

The first episode of 'The Grand Tour' is now up on Amazon Prime.

And it's soooooooo good to have the guys back

Looks like EA's exclusive grip on the Porsche licence is FINALLY coming to an end

https://www.gtplanet.net/porsche-pul...a-exclusivity/

It's crazy that the winning-est manufacturer in sports car history has been missing from real sim racing for so long.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

FH3 expansion launched today, not feeling it for that price
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Just FYI February games with gold will include 'Project Cars'.
    Hell of a good sim and well worth picking up
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

official trailer for Project Cars 2

Every track will feature full dynamic weather and time.....hear that PD? You will also be able to set the time of year to race in different seasons

Hopefully this time they will add PSVR support. Something they had said they would add to PC1 but never did

PD have apparently changed their minds and there will be a closed Beta for GT Sport starting March 17th.

If anybody is interested you can sign up here.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ca...-beta-sign-up/

Project Cars 2 will be releasing Sept 22nd

Looks like we could be having PC2, Forza 7 and GTSport all launching at the end of this year. Should be a fun time for racing sims

The developers have said they want to

has ambitions to replicate the worlds most famous endurance racing championships, past and present.
    Music to my ears

Hopefully after failing to incorporate PSVR into the first game as they had said they would they can get it working this time.

cuco33 is offline Member

Dave, I am sure you saw that GT Sport finally has a release date. No longer just Fall 2017, they pegging it at Novemeber 16, 2017. 4 yrs and 1 day from when PS4 launched. At least its finally coming!
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

It's not official from either Sony or PD so I doubt it's an accurate release date.
    It's also a Thursday and games in the US at least release on Tuesdays.....so Unfortunately I really doubt it's true.

Have you had a chance to check out the GTSport Beta. It's been a lot of fun but I have to say in all honesty the physics just aren't up to the standard of Assetto Corsa I like the idea of winning new cars based on the number of miles you drive in a day.....more fun than just collecting credits for the next car

Also.....Forza 7 finally getting Dynamic weather after all this time Turn 10 only needed the power of the XOneX to finally be able to match what PD were doing back on the PS3

cuco33 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    It's not official from either Sony or PD so I doubt it's an accurate release date.
    It's also a Thursday and games in the US at least release on Tuesdays.....so Unfortunately I really doubt it's true.

Have you had a chance to check out the GTSport Beta. It's been a lot of fun but I have to say in all honesty the physics just aren't up to the standard of Assetto Corsa I like the idea of winning new cars based on the number of miles you drive in a day.....more fun than just collecting credits for the next car

Also.....Forza 7 finally getting Dynamic weather after all this time Turn 10 only needed the power of the XOneX to finally be able to match what PD were doing back on the PS3
    Sony did say Fall 2017 so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the actual date. What I read is that the main source that gave this date was right all other times prior so we will see.

I have seen videos for GTSport beta, game looks and sounds good but I don't get why they classify cars as being super premium, fearing a split again. If premium vs super premium are barely noticeable in quality and features than its a win cuz some cars in forza series you can tell at times when they were modeled newer. I got AC and played it less than Pcars. Couldnt get it to boot up right on my gaming laptop but it runs well on pc, thing is my wheel is in a corner collecting dust cuz of all the house projects I got going on so any gane time is pad or kb/m including dirt rally which i got not long ago (also a game that i am having trouble booting up and outputing to my main tv from laptop). Agreed, I like that game play mileage will get you cars rathe than just car collecting, wondering if it will follow FM and other racers where if you restart races those miles you drove get wiped out as if none happened.

Yep on fm7, saw weather and at first I didn't even realize it was dynamic. For occasional races ok but for norm you know I am not the biggest fan. I had a love/hate relationship with fm6 massive puddles in my normal race line lol. I am wondering how T10 and MS will handle 3 platforms with same game, xo, xbone x and pc. Might be like fh2 where 360 roads were so empty compared to xo version.
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

From what PD have been saying there won't be any split this time. They have thrown out even the GT6 models and only using the latest car models made especially for PS4. They also say these have been modeled at a level that they will be able to use for the next 10 years.
    But that sounds very similar to them claiming the GT5-6 cars were good enough to use on PS4 and apparently they have dropped that idea so who knows.

The upshot is that GTSport will only have somewhere between 140-180 cars at launch.

Personally I think it's a mistake. They are throwing away hundreds of cars just because they are not the same level of detail as the super premiums. I would rather have the larger car library but I get why they are so worried after the criticism they got with the previous titles and the split in models.

Not as bad as dropping dynamic weather and time though particularly upsetting since in interviews around E3 Kaz kept saying that GTSport is going to be the most feature filled GT ever with no features removed from previous games. Well, clearly not

Cuco. Though you might be interested in these. A couple of quick video I made earlier in the Beta

Unfortunately they then chose to remove this arcade mode pity since it had been the most fun thing in the beta for me.

It really does look stunning. PD always knock that out of the park with their lighting. My only issue with the Beta has been that after being spoilt with the amazing Force Feedback in Assetto Corsa GTSport just feels lacking in that regard. It's not bad or anything. Just not as good. If I just want to run some laps of the Nurburgring Assetto Corsa is just more fun to drive.

Here's an online race.

They have definetly improved how they handle the ghosting to avoid collisions with irratic drivers. And the qualification mechanism has been doing a really good job of putting me with drivers of the same skill which has made for some really nice close racing. Hopefully this all carries over to the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Pretty sure that GT has normally been one of Sony's big tech and platform pushers. Last gen we saw it with 4 ps3s and that very high rez tech demo and even pushing 3D, where this gen its 4k, ps4 pro power and psvr. This isn't just a tech demo at a trade show like Horizon.
    It is exactly "just a demo at a trade show" like Horizon. It is being demoed like every other game (with the exception of having dedicated racing rigs to show it off in common with most racing games) using PS4 Pro's on Nice big shiny Sony 4K HDR TV's....just like the other big exclusives. Just like Horizon was.

We can argue semantics about GT being THE top title to ONE OF THE top titles.
    No. This is not a semantics debate.....you made a very specific comment....namely.

Keep pretending that all you want, but PD is Sony's biggest dev with GT being their biggest franchise.
    You specifically state that PD are Sonys biggest developer and specifically state that GT is Sonys biggest franchise.

That quote is your words precisely.

That isn't true and I called you out on that. You can feel free to back down from that and claim they are simply ONE of the biggest developers....ONE of the biggest franchises and I will certainly agree with that. But the statement as you typed it was not true.

ND did great things with Uncharted but I don't recall any of their work being a norm to push Sony tech. PS4 Pro didn't get 60fps patch but it ran U4 better, along with other titles.
    You apparently don't watch many of these trade shows. ND are often the center piece of the show because there games are so well known for their quality. Just as Horizon was showcased....just as GTSport was showcased. Naughty Dog for example was given a chunk of the E3 show to advertise the new Uncharted coming out later this year.....GTSport was not shown at all during that show.

PD make great looking games, photorealistic at times even, so perfect to show off the latest technology as we have seen through the years. Hell, I haven't seen mention of any GTS demo being done on a vanilla PS4, and recent interviews had kaz preach away about power of the pro And that is the point,
    Since the release of the Pro have you seen ANY title demos being done on a Vanilla PS4? Why would they do that for any game when you have the better looking version on the Pro you can show off? This isn't special treatment for GTSport, it's the industry norm.

on top of we still have not had a GT title of any kind release 4 years into the gen, so I laugh whenever someone even remotely hints at this gen is winding down. Pro launched not long ago, xbx will later this year. I would bet this gen gets stretched out as long as last gen if not longer.
    And?

What does GTSport being 3 1/2 (not 4) years behind GT6 have to do with anything other than the small size of PD's development team. 3 1/2 years doesn't seem to be an unusually long development cycle especially when moving to new hardware requiring an entirely new game engine.

RedRedSuit is offline Member

(I believe SSM said the God of War demo ran on vanilla PS4.)

(Yeah. https://gamerant.com/god-of-war-e3-2...-standard-ps4/)

PD is not Sony's biggest dev, nor is GT their biggest franchise. WTF?

Assuming we are talking size, the first thing was probably never true.

If we are talking popularity, yes, GT was the biggest first-party franchise for Sony. Nothing else of their own sold that type of numbers. Halo type stuff. If we include 3rd parties, then it was in a 2nd tier only to GTA basically.

However, PD's inability to come out with product up to their own high standards -- well, that's my opinion as to what it was, but the following is not opinion but fact -- has inarguably lowered the sales and popularity of GT franchise over time, and now it's nowhere near the biggest.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Exactly. GT6's 5 million copies sold is a very long way from the high of GT3 selling 15 million copies. (although still considerably better than any Forza title )

If God of War was running on a vanilla PS4 then that demo was even more impressive I wonder if that is an indication of how far from release it still is....i.e. they are developing the game for PS4 and then add the Pro enhancements in relatively late in the development.