Batman: Arkham Asylum - PS3 v. 360? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-28-2009, 02:49 AM

Default Batman: Arkham Asylum - PS3 v. 360?

Any word on which of the two may or may not be superior. I know that the PS3 got exclusive content in terms of being able to play as the Joker, but according to these pictures from Eurogamer, I'd have to say that the slightly sharper graphics goes to the 360. http://www.eurogamer.pt/gallery.php?...=689496#anchor

Still images are still images though, and any number of things from time it was captured in the game, to TV settings, etc could all affect them. Have any reviewers specifically commented on which they felt was superior, or, like Ghostbusters, is there a community consensus yet?

I hear the game is great but I typically purchase the game for the system which provides me the best value for my dollar, in terms of graphics and content.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Banned

both a 91 on ol metacritic. i'd say they're both great.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:03 AM

Lens of Truth gives the overall nod to the PS3 for graphics. That is without counting the exclusive content of playing as the Joker or the Batcave you get for Home.

The PS3 version gets the above mentioned stuff free. So content wise would be the PS3 as well.

So if you want the free challenge map for the Scarecrow I would pick this up at GameStop. But it is rumored that map will be up for download a month later, I am guessing you'll need to buy it. Walmart has the Bat-Armor code so you can wear that during the challenge maps right off the bat ... but then everyone gets access to it once you've finished the game once.

It really sucks that GS got the free Scarecrow map... should of gone to Amazon.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:06 AM
HDD Contributor

Although if you go by the old "Numbers don't lie" routine (which I don't, but I know some posters put a lot of stock in the infallibility of these things), according to GameRankings, which was used in the great "One version of GTA IV is clearly superior to another version" argument of '08, the current Gameranking average for Batman on the PS3 is 92.47% while the 360 version sits at 91.61%.

I repeat, I think this is actually a stupid argument to make, but like I said, some people that have posted in these forums have had a Dying Grip-like choke hold on numerical superiority even it was only 0.4% difference between review averages, so I guess for fans of math, the numbers have spoken.

Unless, of course an review comes in that changes the numbers in favor of the 360, in which case, the numbers don't lie then, but were lying in the past.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:16 AM

I would say 360 for controller, achievements, and being able to chat with friends while playing.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 AM

the joker content really makes this a no-brainer doesn't it?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Greg View Post
I would say 360 for controller, achievements, and being able to chat with friends while playing.
I agree with you, but I am just posting the standard response before some else does. Here goes...

The PS3 has a controller

PS3 has trophies

The game is one player, why would you want to chat while your playing a game?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
I agree with you, but I am just posting the standard response before some else does. Here goes...

The PS3 has a controller

PS3 has trophies

The game is one player, why would you want to chat while your playing a game?
Yeah but thats like saying "Well Haiti has an army." and "Well Haiti has an economy." when comparing to the US

Yeah its true they do...but come on.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_rocca42 View Post
the joker content really makes this a no-brainer doesn't it?
This is true, and for us dual console hardcore Xbots, it might be THE deal breaker.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:59 AM

I went for ps3, why would I turn down free content. This is the reason to own both systems.