David Jaffe on God of War 3: "HOLY HOLY HOLY [F'ING] HELL!!!!" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 PM

Default David Jaffe on God of War 3: "HOLY HOLY HOLY [F'ING] HELL!!!!"

David Jaffe has updated his personal site with some thoughts on God of War 3. A few of us have been discussing it in another thread, but it deserves its own. Kudos to Dennis M. for finding this.

Quote:
ps. I saw GOD OF WAR III when I was in Santa Monica last week. I can and will not give away details. But I think it's ok for me to say two things:

a- HOLY HOLY HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!
b- I thought GEARS OF WARS 2 looked about as good as a next-gen game could look....and that game is currently- and will probably remain- my game of the year. And hell, I think I actually get to vote on that kind of stuff in some circles And unless I get blown away by POP or something else I missed, GEARS 2 is the SHIT....this year. Dudes and dudettes, fucking WAIT till you see the amazing graphics...just fucking wait. And yes, Xbots, accuse me all you want of being a Sony fanboy. Just remember two things:

#1- I just said GEARS 2 is the BEST fucking playing and looking game of the year....better than any PS3 game. And there are some damn good PS3 games, I feel.

#2- FUCK YOU! I ain't no fan boy but this mother fucking game looks like nothing you've ever played...and you can hold me to that when this thing hits and when they start showing gameplay footage. It looks like a painting come to life- it's THAT good looking.

David
http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.co.../vgxpowtf.html
Old 11-24-2008, 12:34 PM

For the record, there was some odd confusion over Jaffe's comments in the other thread. So, for those not seeing the commentary about God of War 3, here is the cleaned up and translated version I made:

Quote:
ps. I saw GOD OF WAR III when I was in Santa Monica last week. I can and will not give away details. But I think it's ok for me to say two things:

a- HOLY HOLY HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!
b- I thought GEARS OF WARS 2 looked about as good as a next-gen game could look.... [but] Dudes and dudettes, fucking WAIT till you see the amazing graphics [of God of War 3]...just fucking wait. And yes, Xbots, accuse me all you want of being a Sony fanboy. Just remember two things:

#1- I just said GEARS 2 is the BEST fucking playing and looking game of the year....better than any PS3 game. And there are some damn good PS3 games, I feel.

#2- FUCK YOU! I ain't no fan boy but [God of War 3] looks like nothing you've ever played...and you can hold me to that when this thing hits and when they start showing gameplay footage. It looks like a painting come to life- it's THAT good looking.

David
Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 PM

I'm sure it will look great, considering what GoW2 achieved on the PS2 years ago.

These type of games though tend to have a on rails scale with minimal amounts of enemies (for the most part) so it's no surprise it'll look great.

I doubt it'll light the world on fire like Jaffe claims, just a hunch. Also can we even say it'll be out in 09????
Old 11-24-2008, 12:41 PM

This is getting me Giddy with excitement. I've beaten GoW1 and 2(working on Chains of Olympus still) and this is music to my ears.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Watcher of stances

for me, it's too far away to really get excited over.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
for me, it's too far away to really get excited over.
Same here but I guess you can call me a God of War fanboy, all of the games are massively kick ass. It's a proven franchise. Even the PSP version was great. 3 great titles on 2 platforms... So far recipe for a great new title. Graphically seems to be excellent from Jaffe's ramblings. I hope GoW3 follows suit on a kick ass franchise. Even if the graphics resemble of GoW1/2 on last gen's console... but apparently it's going above and beyond that which is good so far.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

sounds good. can't wait. to bad it's another great game that's not even close to being out yet. but i'll keep waiting.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Saw this last night sholmes good stuff
GOW3 prb will be out late 2009
Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter21 View Post
Saw this last night sholmes good stuff
GOW3 prb will be out late 2009
With how little we've seen and PS3 dev cycle's tending to be what they are i'd say Spring 2010 at the earliest.

Hopefully i'm wrong. Just saying.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM

Lol.

Now I now what my next website will look like.

"The Fucking Gamereview Page"

First review Resistance 2:

Man, it's so fucking awesome! Just look at the fucking graphics and then this absolutely fucking sound. And do not forget this uber fucking gameplay. This game is so sucking, fucking fantastic I shall now reward it with the fucking first fucking Gold award.