Yahoo at it again - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 AM

Default Yahoo at it again

On the front page

Just seems to be regurgitation of the Wii casual domination, the 360 with the lowest introductory price point and the PS3 being the costliest entry with alternative cheaper blu-ray entry points.

But its a far cry from their alleged "bias" against Microsoft from a few months ago.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:31 AM

Lmao are they serious with this video? It's a complete joke. The PS3 has been winning all year but the 360 is "roaring back"??

They don't mention ANYTHING except pricepoints and then conclude that because the wii is the most in demand, the 360 is cheapest -- the PS3 is in trouble?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM

I know there isnt even one iota of evidence of this "roaring back"
Old 09-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linderman Corp. View Post
I know there isnt even one iota of evidence of this "roaring back"
My thoughts exactly. At least not for another couple weeks, so far as concrete/irrefutable evidence goes.

It's really interesting that they made that so poorly. The title is "PLAYSTATION 3 IN TROUBLE??" -- then it talks about the wii for 95% of the video and how popular it is, how it might be sold out again. Then in the last 5 seconds, they go "oh by the way, 360 is cheapest, and PS3 is most expensive".

Absolutely terrible journalism. That video wasn't even about the ps3.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 AM

"PS3 COULD BE in big trouble" on the left side titles. I COULD BE a coal miner in a parallel universe. I COULD BE a millionaire IF I have the winning lottery ticket. "Could be" leave a lot of room for options out there. That's why I tend to use it a lot. However, it tends to be human nature to turn "could be" into "is" in their heads.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:43 AM

Wow... any article that claims any of the 3 systems are in "Big Trouble" seems ridiculous to me. All seem to be full steam ahead from where I'm sitting. On a side note does anybody else think "Damn I haven't turned on my Wii in 6 months" and conclude that they too have been sucked into the hype train. I wonder when everyone else will realize that 95% of Wii games suck. JM2C
Old 09-21-2008, 12:53 AM

Is it just me or has the past year shown us that cost of entry is not a clear decider of what can win? Blu-ray = more expensive than HD DVD and it outsold it for the entirety of a YEAR every single week. The PS3 has been more expensive than the 360 the entire year and has outsold it for the year stateside.

Basically, I think Yahoo! failz.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edschmoe View Post
On a side note does anybody else think "Damn I haven't turned on my Wii in 6 months" and conclude that they too have been sucked into the hype train. I wonder when everyone else will realize that 95% of Wii games suck. JM2C
I've been hearing similar things quite a bit from a lot of people I know that are Wii owners lately.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA16v3 View Post
The PS3 has been more expensive than the 360 the entire year and has outsold it for the year stateside.

...and even longer if you go to the worldwide sales.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA16v3 View Post
Is it just me or has the past year shown us that cost of entry is not a clear decider of what can win? Blu-ray = more expensive than HD DVD and it outsold it for the entirety of a YEAR every single week. The PS3 has been more expensive than the 360 the entire year and has outsold it for the year stateside.

Another good point.

However something that's interesting is, 360 ISN'T necessarily cheaper. One model is certainly, but if you add on accessories etc -- the price is nearly a wash. Sure, maybe casuals won't do this, who knows. Just a point to throw out there.