Famous Lawyer Jack Thompson, issues threat to all gamers!! *MUST READ* - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

Question Famous Lawyer Jack Thompson, issues threat to all gamers!! *MUST READ*

A video interview of Jack Thompson was just released. Since he was recently disbarred he has decided to take his anti-video game hatred to new levels!

He had this general statement to make against all gamers;

"I will hunt you down and kill you."

Should we be sleeping with one eye open!??!?

Video on the link!

http://kotaku.com/5028986/jack-thompson-funny-guy
Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 PM

What. The. Fuck.

Seriously. WTF.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
A video interview of Jack Thompson was just released. Since he was recently disbarred he has decided to take his anti-video game hatred to new levels!

He had this general statement to make against all gamers;

"I will hunt you down and kill you."

Should we be sleeping with one eye open!??!?

Video on the link!

http://kotaku.com/5028986/jack-thompson-funny-guy
I can't tell if this is supposed to be serious or just a joke. I think the interviewer guy asks some good questions, but I can't tell if JT is answering them the way he is to just piss everybody off or if he is really serious.

For the record, I don't believe JT has been disbarred yet, it has only been recommended. No ruling has been made.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Where is Mr Bravia?
Old 07-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholmes1019 View Post
I can't tell if this is supposed to be serious or just a joke. I think the interviewer guy asks some good questions, but I can't tell if JT is answering them the way he is to just piss everybody off or if he is really serious.

For the record, I don't believe JT has been disbarred yet, it has only been recommended. No ruling has been made.
Yea, his disbarrment has been recommended, but that probably means he will be disbarred. Obviously, this bit seems be a bit of a joke, I think he was playing along. Very very funny, though.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm sure he was paid to do this by the show (God knows he needs the money since the lawyer thing isn't working out too well.).
Old 07-25-2008, 02:32 PM

That's pretty funny.

Agree or disagree with his stance on games you gotta give him credit for at least having a good sense of humor.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
That's pretty funny.

Agree or disagree with his stance on games you gotta give him credit for at least having a good sense of humor.
I don't even know what his true stance on games is. As a lawyer he is advocating for a cause, and he may very well not care, its simply his medium for his career.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
Yea, his disbarrment has been recommended, but that probably means he will be disbarred. Obviously, this bit seems be a bit of a joke, I think he was playing along. Very very funny, though.
Yeah, but what parts are serious and what parts are jokes? We all know some of that stuff is really how he feels.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholmes1019 View Post
Yeah, but what parts are serious and what parts are jokes? We all know some of that stuff is really how he feels.
Not sure about that. I don't really think he hates games/gamers. Hes a lawyer. Lawyers often times spend their lives standing up and fighting for things they don't believe in. I think he just found his cash cow soap box, and starting fighting games, as a moral/legal cause, because he got alot of attention and support for it. A nice career boost for a guy his age, imo. I bet IRL, he doesn't care about games at all, but he probably doesn't really believe in what he advocates.