Live Outage in the UK - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 AM

Default Live Outage in the UK

I'm getting racked off with this. Downloaded the update around 9.30pm last night and then had loads of problems. Checked out xbox.com and I wasn't the only one.

http://forums.xbox.com/19841309/ShowPost.aspx

Christmas was bad enough.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 AM

Oh god *creeps off into bunker to await the onslaught*

Just reiterates my point, both services have problems.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Is this some sort of retaliatory thread to combat the MGSO fiasco? Not even close dude.

Out of 25 replies I count about 8 in that thread that had an issue, and about 5 that had no problems at all!

Wow, quite the widespread outage.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
Is this some sort of retaliatory thread to combat the MGSO fiasco? Not even close dude.

Out of 25 replies I count about 8 in that thread that had an issue, and about 5 that had no problems at all!

Although in all fairness MGSO is JUST the Konami servers. The MGSO debacle has NOTHING to do with the PSN (which is still working without any issues), it's down to Konami's mindboggling inability to "predict demand" and therefore provide servers that are up for the job.

Big difference between the 2. MGSO =/= PSN and PSN =/= MGO. However Live = Live
Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut View Post

There were other threads on the board about it.

Nothing retaliatory about it, the whole live service was down, just stating a fact.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythegpd View Post
Although in all fairness MGSO is JUST the Konami servers. The MGSO debacle has NOTHING to do with the PSN (which is still working without any issues), it's down to Konami's mindboggling inability to "predict demand" and therefore provide servers that are up for the job.

Big difference between the 2. MGSO =/= PSN and PSN =/= MGO. However Live = Live
Actually this could be a good arguement between dedicated game company owned servers versus peer to peer. And yes this does = PSN because their allowing usage of these servers is part of their network (the N in PSN) and as dismissive people might be that it isnt Sony's problem or direct involved failure.. its still a flaw in their system design. I'm not saying PSN is crap or anything, but their hands definitly are not squeky clean.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linderman Corp. View Post
Actually this could be a good arguement between dedicated game company owned servers versus peer to peer. And yes this does = PSN because their allowing usage of these servers is part of their network (the N in PSN) and as dismissive people might be that it isnt Sony's problem or direct involved failure.. its still a flaw in their system design. I'm not saying PSN is crap or anything, but their hands definitly are not squeky clean.
I'm not saying they are squeaky clean but lets face it, Konami get the lions share of the blame. I mean they are REALLLY pushing the boat as far as they can, not even the PSN ID is good enough, no, you need a Konami Id THEN a game ID THEN a player name.
And p2p certainly isn't infallible, Live went down when halo3 was launched and that was the GAME launch and the ENTIRE system.

So no system is flawless, both have their pro's and cons, however MS have to shoulder far more of the blame for the OP (and for the Halo3 crash and for the XMas crash) than Sony with the MGO crash ... cause PSN was still working fine (which, I suppose, may be the point, at least if 1 game goes down the others still work).
Can you imagine the outcry if PSN was like Live and the ENTIRE network went down over MGO?