Take-Two Directors Building Defense Against EA - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 AM

Default Take-Two Directors Building Defense Against EA

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.....php?id=149338

Quote:
Six men on the Take-Two Interactive Software board of directors have acquired more shares today in what looks to be a tactic to strengthen their defense against the ongoing hostile takeover that is being attempted by Electronic Arts. With EA attempting to buy stock directly from shareholders in order to gain control of the company, this new move by Take-Two may prove worthwhile in the future.

Michael Sheresky, Michael Dornemann, Jon J. Moses, Grover C. Brown, Robert A. Bowman and John F. Levy are the six men that have upped their shares today equally, each of them adding 1623. After adding the new shares, Sheresky holds 9855, Dornemann holds 9855, Moses holds 10741, Brown holds 15955, Levy holds 15855 and Bowman holds 9855.

(Take-Two's 2nd Floor Office at 575 Broadway in NYC)

It is not yet publicly known just how much progress Electronic Arts has made. There are no public records out that show which, if any, shareholders have sold their stock to EA. It is clear that EA wants to make money from sales of Grand Theft Auto IV, so they are attempting to move fast before the late April release. They also want rights to publish the franchise. They want the cash. I wouldn't be suprised when, if EA ends up winning this battle, we see Grand Theft Auto: Tricked Out Street Edition Underground 4 sometime around the year 2010. We will keep you updated on this story.
Damn if this is true this makes me hate EA even more
Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Between this, and the "pay to unlock weapons already in the game" debacle for BF:BC, it's hard to imagine EA doing anything else to sink lower in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Former Member

yay EA will take over the GTA series and destroy it! woooo! instead of GTAV, we'll get GTA 2009, 2010, and 2011, all the same game, but with a new menu screen, new hookers, and new outfits!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
Between this, and the "pay to unlock weapons already in the game" debacle for BF:BC, it's hard to imagine EA doing anything else to sink lower in my opinion.
Really? You don't think GTA would be perfect for them? They can charge you for virtual pizza, cab rides, and hammers, and god forbid you actually blow up a car.. It is part of EA's new initiative to replace all virtual money with real money.