EA is getting nasty... More on the Take-Two-EA talks... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-13-2008, 12:41 PM

Default EA is getting nasty... More on the Take-Two-EA talks...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313/..._arts_take_two

In a related story, this might be the last good GTA game ever...
Old 03-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313/..._arts_take_two

In a related story, this might be the last good GTA game ever...
Fucking cheap shot assholes..

Fortunately,GTA4 is basically done and EA can't do anything to it even if they bought Take-Two...

I guess I buy GTA4, as a somber farewell to a fantastic series.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:52 PM

Just wait, I bet GI's rumors are true. Next Gen EA enters the console Hardware market (its own platform) and with probably 40% of gamings franchises owned ruins the market driving everyone to PC.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
Just wait, I bet GI's rumors are true. Next Gen EA enters the console Hardware market (its own platform) and with probably 40% of gamings franchises owned ruins the market driving everyone to PC.
Wouldn't that like... you know... end the PlayStation and the Xbox? I mean EA ended the Dreamcast (or at least were a very very big factor in it). Or do you think they have enough brand strength to survive the loss of EA?

Actually serious question due to EA's large marketshare.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
if people thought the ps3 was expensive and weren't buying it I doubt people will go to pc. although it would be pretty cool if alot more people played on the pc. more people for me to race with. or were you talking about developers?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 PM

Only good games ea makes is sports games. Everything else sucks!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
Wouldn't that like... you know... end the PlayStation and the Xbox? I mean EA ended the Dreamcast (or at least were a very very big factor in it). Or do you think they have enough brand strength to survive the loss of EA?

Actually serious question due to EA's large marketshare.
And then we 'd have a new breed of fanboys as well, yaaaaaaaaaaaay...
Actually entering the hardware business is not an easy proposition for a software company. I mean, if MS is running into problems so will EA.
I think big publishers have a sweet deal in the gaming business: they don't need to be talented or creative (that's the developers' job), they don't have to worry about initially selling hardware at a loss, they 're basically promoting games and raking in the profits. Smaller profits than successful platform owners but with substantially less risk.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 PM

If EA launched a platform everything would be a fucking mess. Who knows what will happen. It would probably kill the xbox honestly, Japan would ignore both and EA would cut into the 360's market with all the franchises they own.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:18 PM

Bringing their own hardware would possibly be the reasoning behind bringing Peter Moore into their fold.

If there were a system like that, that only played EA games and it was the only way to get EA games, it'd be a blessing to other consoles. The way EA just mails it in year after year on their sports titles, and generates crap games and kills off proven franchises, I'd be glad to not have any EA games available to me.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFlash678 View Post
Only good games ea makes is sports games. Everything else sucks!!!!
Sims doesn't suck and I bet that Spore isn't going to suck either. However, that said, I thought the Burnout games went on steady decline when EA bought them out.