EA says Wii is "nothing more than two GameCubes stuck together with duct tape" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

Default EA says Wii is "nothing more than two GameCubes stuck together with duct tape"

Maxis developer Chris Hecker say "The Wii is a piece of shit!"
Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 PM

He was forced to make a public apology.

Link

Quote:
I don't know who has read the internet, yesterday. In a [unintelligible] panel I said a bunch of things. I was trying to be thought provoking and entertaining and fun and a lot of the stuff went too far over the top—on the entertaining and fun side, so that it was no longer thought provoking, just inflammatory. And in the process I hurt a bunch of people I care about. And so, I want to apologize now.

When I'm on stage, I'm me. I'm talking talk from me. From me. I'm not representing EA or Maxis.

I want to make two things perfectly clear.

I do not think the Wii is a piece of shit. Nintendo needs to be applauded for trying to interface on the controller front, the user interface front, on making games accessible, on making a console that you don't need to mortgage your house to afford.

Secondly, it's totally obvious—and I'm sorry that I implied otherwise—that everyone at Nintendo is passionate at making great games. Some of the games give me hope that we will be seen as an art form on par with movies and books.
Owned, lol
Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 PM

This thread is incorrect from the start.

EA said nothing of the sort. (as stated in previous post)

OP should delete it to avoid looking uninformed.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

See, I thought this was a joke. When someone from EA says something abotu the PS3 it's plastered all over these threads about how much EA thinks the PS3 sucks. But apparently when they say something about the Wii it should be deleted or whatever.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocks out View Post
See, I thought this was a joke. When someone from EA says something abotu the PS3 it's plastered all over these threads about how much EA thinks the PS3 sucks. But apparently when they say something about the Wii it should be deleted or whatever.
Chris Harker does not represent EA. He even says so lol

Quote:
When I'm on stage, I'm me. I'm talking talk from me. From me. I'm not representing EA or Maxis.
Now Larry Probst is CEO of EA, he has the authority to represent EA.

Quote:
Electronic Arts, the world's biggest video game publisher, expects Sony's dominance over the console market to slip in the current hardware war, EA's outgoing chief executive, Larry Probst, said Monday.
Show me where it says EA thinks the Wii sucks.

Last edited by wingnut; 03-12-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

Did Lerry Probst say he was representing EA when he made his comments?

Further, when developers from Valve or Bethesda (not representing either of the companies, just employees of them) said things about the PS3 it's paraded about.

I just posted this to show how absurd people are when it comes to Sony bashing.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 PM

Didn't he already apologize for this? I find this article a bit... outdated.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocks out View Post
Did Lerry Probst say he was representing EA when he made his comments?

Further, when developers from Valve or Bethesda (not representing either of the companies, just employees of them) said things about the PS3 it's paraded about.

I just posted this to show how absurd people are when it comes to Sony bashing.
remeber, if its the PS3 bashed, its the "cool" thing
The Wii or the 360, omfg, here are some links and stats and experts, not true!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
right, and I could copy and paste dozens of boasts from Sony themselves about the mighty PS3 that have yet to pan out, it's like a beta system that will never fully realize it's potential. Nintendo and MS didn't bother to go on and on about their systems, yet they're currently #1 and 2 ironically.

I'm so glad I didn't take Sony'sadvice and wait for it to launch, since that's when the HD era was starting, and all.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
Well... so you will not be disappointed let me point out that the "two GameCubes stuck together with duct tape" are beating the crap out of the PS3 on the sales front.