But but but XBL gets dedicated servers? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:42 PM
KTA's Avatar
KTA KTA is offline
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,123
Default But but but XBL gets dedicated servers?

Yep, Frontlines FoW goes live (the demo) with 32 players on dedicated servers.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/851/851057p1.html

Oh snap, look a game designed for 32 players gets dedicated servers on XBL, I won't say I told ya so.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Master X's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,285
Default

A 360 with more than 16 players
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Because THQ forked over cash for servers?

Yaaay! XBLive game gets servers! .... wait, it's just one.... and a terrible one at that. (BLARGH to that demo).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,157
Default

i tought it could at least do better than a free to play online service. maybe if it was 52 players it would matter.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
KTA's Avatar
KTA KTA is offline
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
Because THQ forked over cash for servers?

Yaaay! XBLive game gets servers! .... wait, it's just one.... and a terrible one at that. (BLARGH to that demo).
Amazing, you made all those claims with apparently clairvoyance as I don't see that anywhere. Also the MP demo has just been released, I find it hard to believe you'd have a valid opinion on it yet.

People like to critisize MS for throwing money around and buying anything and everything but now you say because the devs paid for servers like MS can't afford it or is cheap... which is it? the fallacy never ends.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
KTA's Avatar
KTA KTA is offline
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan872007 View Post
i tought it could at least do better than a free to play online service. maybe if it was 52 players it would matter.
More does not = better. If the maps are designed with 332 in mind or 32 thats what the devs wanted. Why does it matter? My point was anything as stated in GI long ago XBL doesn't use dedicated because no game demands it yet.

Looks like now they do.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
More does not = better. If the maps are designed with 332 in mind or 32 thats what the devs wanted. Why does it matter? My point was anything as stated in GI long ago XBL doesn't use dedicated because no game demands it yet.

Looks like now they do.
This should have been done along time ago. Maybe I would have enjoyed halo more without the constant lag since the host always seems to have a shitty connection.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
KTA's Avatar
KTA KTA is offline
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan872007 View Post
This should have been done along time ago. Maybe I would have enjoyed halo more without the constant lag since the host always seems to have a shitty connection.
Which Halo? cause 2 once you got around 35 you were bound to get standby'ers. Either make sure you host or check your connection, cause halo isn't lag ridden. It's just not.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,731
Default

Bout time. THIS is what makes XBL Gold actually worth paying for.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
Amazing, you made all those claims with apparently clairvoyance as I don't see that anywhere. Also the MP demo has just been released, I find it hard to believe you'd have a valid opinion on it yet.
THQ/Kaos admitted they had to get servers for the game on a fairly recent (November/December) issue of EGM.

There's no need to play multiplayer when most of the single player looks and plays TERRIBLY. The game screams generic UE3 army title.

Quote:
People like to critisize MS for throwing money around and buying anything and everything but now you say because the devs paid for servers like MS can't afford it or is cheap... which is it? the fallacy never ends.
No, people criticize MS for throwing money around and buying stuff when it comes to its own financial gain. Maybe if they bothered to spend money to provide better support for their consumers - they wouldn't argue.

Better yet - don't stop buying around and swallowing developers or competition into your monopoly, do so as much as you'd like... just stop cheating people out of their own money.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Black Ops II' Will Have Dedicated Ranked PC Servers TheDickWard Game Room 2 06-22-2012 08:15 PM
Modern Warfare 2 PC: no dedicated servers, mods james Game Room 13 10-20-2009 03:13 PM
APB: When dedicated servers are TRULY needed UraMallas Gaming Smackdown 9 02-29-2008 09:03 AM
Press Release: Inteset Offers Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Option On Servers diabolo HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 2 07-27-2007 06:02 PM
HP Moves Into Home Servers; Blu-ray Drives marzetta7 High Definition Smackdown 2 01-08-2007 03:45 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off