I bought <console> for <unreleased game>. Come again? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Default I bought <console> for <unreleased game>. Come again?

Can someone explain this reasoning to me? Even people on here that I respect, like BBM128, resort to this inexplicable to me reasoning. Examples:

"I bought PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4."
"I bought Xbox 360 for Halo 3." (3 years ago)

I don't get it -- and I especially don't get it when this is used to complain. Like, I see certain members say stuff like, "I bought PS3 for FF13, and now there are no games, so I'm pissed." Then why did you buy the PS3 before FF13 was released? Aren't you the one to blame?

Why not simply wait until the games you want to play are out, and then buy the system, reaping all the benefits that that entails, like lower pricing and better firmware?

Case in point: I bought PS3 because I wanted to watch Blu-Ray, and I had a reasonable hope that good games would later come out (which they did, and will continue to do so). I used it a lot, even at launch. I have no reason to be pissed. I bought a 360 because I wanted to play Gears of War, which had been just released. It was mediocre and overrated, so I was rather annoyed at having bought one of the old, loud, expensive, breaking 360s. Not really the same thing; at least I already bought the thing when the game(s) I wanted to play were already out.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:21 PM

I bought a Wii for bowling. Sold it a week later after the new"ness" wore off.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
Can someone explain this reasoning to me? Even people on here that I respect, like BBM128, resort to this inexplicable to me reasoning. Examples:

"I bought PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4."
"I bought Xbox 360 for Halo 3." (3 years ago)

I don't get it -- and I especially don't get it when this is used to complain. Like, I see certain members say stuff like, "I bought PS3 for FF13, and now there are no games, so I'm pissed." Then why did you buy the PS3 before FF13 was released? Aren't you the one to blame?

Why not simply wait until the games you want to play are out, and then buy the system, reaping all the benefits that that entails, like lower pricing and better firmware?

Case in point: I bought PS3 because I wanted to watch Blu-Ray, and I had a reasonable hope that good games would later come out (which they did, and will continue to do so). I used it a lot, even at launch. I have no reason to be pissed. I bought a 360 because I wanted to play Gears of War, which had been just released. It was mediocre and overrated, so I was rather annoyed at having bought one of the old, loud, expensive, breaking 360s. Not really the same thing; at least I already bought the thing when the game(s) I wanted to play were already out.
Why don't you take the effort you put into this and put it into something that matters in life. Who cares why people spend their money on consoles, if this bothers you, you need to seek a mental health evaluation.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 PM

I bought a PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII but there were also games I wanted to play. Seven months later I've scraped enough together to get my fifth game for PS3 (with two more coming shortly after). FFXIII will make the wait worth it but I'm also living in the present and the fact is that the PS3 has games to play and will have more as time goes on.

The reason I didn't wait... I'm somewhat impatient and I'm impulsive.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
I bought a Wii for bowling. Sold it a week later after the new"ness" wore off.
Err, but, bowling was already OUT when you bought Wii. Not really what I'm talking about.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIBALNATION View Post
Why don't you take the effort you put into this and put it into something that matters in life. Who cares why people spend their money on consoles, if this bothers you, you need to seek a mental health evaluation.
It took me all of 3 minutes to type this up. It doesn't bother me; I'm just wondering. What is your problem?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Err, but, bowling was already OUT when you bought Wii. Not really what I'm talking about.
Sorry, should have clarified. I got it for the Brunswick Bowling game that had not been released yet.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:35 PM

Well I bought it day one for those games as an incentive yes. I didn't imagine all the launch titles blowing except RFoM. At the time I was curious about all teh cell hoopla as well and wanted to see these superior games and the advantages of bluray.... well obviously they're still putting all that together.

I think those games are more justification after the initial shit storm hit the PS3 brand. I dont' think anyone really expected sales and games alike to flop like they have in the beginning. I mean 600 bucks was a insane launch price but they had the name brand to pull it off.

That and you have many of us who were huge ps1 and ps2 fans so you know we gotta have the ps3 day one, that and being the impulsive mother fucker I am were huge factors. Bluray was eh ok for me at first, its much better now that i have that remote, the controller just annoyed me.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
It took me all of 3 minutes to type this up. It doesn't bother me; I'm just wondering. What is your problem?
Gee I wonder why this guy don't like the ps3/360 now cause his/her game isn't out yet. Read your opening statement to yourself and try to ask yourself why any adult would care what system a person owns, or what system a person dislikes. Who the F cares it's their money.

Last edited by Ph8; 01-29-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIBALNATION View Post
I learned this long ago... IF YOU THINK YOU GET TO TELL REDREDSUIT WHAT TO DO, YOU'RE WRONG!

but seriously panties in a bunch? why ask why?