View Poll Results: the better game?
GHIII 11 21.57%
Rock Band 16 31.37%
Playing a plastic guitar is not for me 9 17.65%
Ive only played one game 10 19.61%
I would like to know myself 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Bye Bye Guitar Hero III, hello Rock Band!

Lets face it, GHIII was a total failure and did not live up to the hype (not even close!), it could have and should have been so much more. GHII is a year older and is a much better imitation of what its like playing a real guitar.

The lame boss battle system and throwing cheesy lightning bolts at your opponent was a killer for me...I still cant believe it, lightning bolts? LOL! Or even better, lets jam that whammy bar shall we, or why not break strings? Lame!

On top of that, GHIII only had about maybe 10 (maybe 12) good songs, songs that you will actually tolerate hearing again after you're tortured the first time around. The rest of it is absolute trash, nuff said. GHII had a far superior track list, it put IIIs list to shame.

The trashy song list and lame new fruit loops powerup system are the two reasons why I no longer play this game. Unfortunately, I cant even seem to get rid of this piece of junk game as now that Rock Band is out everyone knows that is the "true" music game and GHIII was nothing but one of the most dissapointing games of 07.

Rock Band, once you play it...you will not go back to GHIII at all. In fact, it will make you even forget GHIII was ever made. I mean just look at the reviews, GHIII is nothing but mixed reviews and Rock Band is already becoming the best party game of 07.

Well at least GHIII had its fame, ya for one month! Besides, can you really respect a company who charges an arm and a leg for DLC? and even worse, youre paying for even sh1ttier songs than the songs already in the game! Whereas, go look at Rock Bands DLC as of yesterday (its launch date) and its not even close! Comparing it to GHIII is like comparing a Lexus to a Rotten Banana.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

I like both of them and GH still offers a much better single player and guitar player mode.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:29 PM

I tried GH2 for about 5 min one day and didn't care for it.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:45 PM

GH3 is not a bad game but Rock Band is so much better its not even funny. The only thing that GH3 has over Rock Band is the actual guitar that comes with the game, its better made.

The guitar we have for Rock Band broke on the first day and won't register down strums. We are already sending it to EA. Plus its just a poorly made guitar in the first place. Other than that everything is great.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:37 PM

Rock Band forsure.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:25 PM

Rock Band's tracklist is garbage compared to guitar hero 3, and i really dont want to spend around 200 bucks for a set, all I want is the guitar, and the Rock Band guitar is also crap

Rock Band is better if you have friends coming over each day (and they like ROCK), but for 1 person that just wants to play guitar + online (me) , Guitar Hero is the way to go.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:48 PM

I'll admit that on paper GH3 looked like it should have had a far superior tracklist, but after playing the game I am simply unimpressed. I haven't had a chance to go through Rock Bands songs yet, but they can't be much worse then GH3. GH3 only had 3 songs I've honestly enjoyed playing, and the downloadable stuff has been better then the included stuff thus far. Whats even worse in my opinion is that for the GH3 commercial they chose a downloadable song; "slither" by Velvet Revolver rather then an included song. I bought that d/l pack for that song and was happy with the other songs included, but I have to say compared to GH2 GH3 is really garbage.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
but I have to say compared to GH2 GH3 is really garbage.
Well said....
Old 11-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
Rock Band's tracklist is garbage compared to guitar hero 3, and i really dont want to spend around 200 bucks for a set, all I want is the guitar, and the Rock Band guitar is also crap

Rock Band is better if you have friends coming over each day (and they like ROCK), but for 1 person that just wants to play guitar + online (me) , Guitar Hero is the way to go.
Or do what Im doing, keep your GH guitar and buy RB the game only. Only thing is nobody wants my GH3, fukin piece of overrated junk.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
Or do what Im doing, keep your GH guitar and buy RB the game only. Only thing is nobody wants my GH3, fukin piece of overrated junk.
So you're saying the GH guitar will work with RB?? If so, will the GH2 guitar work also?