Halo 3 aftermath - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Halo 3 aftermath

So after the crazy launch did you come home to play it long or what? I did. I slept early and, picked it up, then when straight hope and played for about 6 1/2 hours straight. I was playing on normal and zipping through it faster than I should have. I probably should have played on Heroic. I will state graphics dont matter but it doesn't look as good as I expected. Anyway its great fun and I haven't played that many hours straight in a long time. Who knows how long I would be on if I didn't have to go to work. Yep, right after playing I went straight to work! Haha!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Watcher of stances

only played for a bit last night as i couldn't take the day off, and was also surprised by the graphics.

oh well, as long as online co-op works, I'm happy.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

I played through the first two levels and enjoed it for the most part. I also think the graphics are somewhat lacking...but at the same time they don't look bad by any means. The enviornments look much better this go around.

On the plus side, I suffered no framerate or stutter issues, the control is slightly tighter than previous installments and I like the addition of the 3rd grenade and the mechanical button.

I haven't tried the MP yet because I decided I want to finish the game first.

Right now I would give it a 9 out of 10. Everything is just right, but the graphics (particularly of characer models, the envirornments look great) could use a slight bump.

However, MP could raise or lower this score when I get to it.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 PM

Just got off. Been on since 12:30 est
Old 09-25-2007, 12:11 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

decided not to drive an hour from philadelphia to pick it up at midnight i'm picking it up along with knocked up at lunch time.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
decided not to drive an hour from philadelphia to pick it up at midnight i'm picking it up along with knocked up at lunch time.
I went to the rural Walmart 20 minutes outside of Denver and the line had about 50 people when I got there. I hate Walmart but al of the Gamestops and such had HUGE lines...

The worst part is that I hoped to pick uo Knocked Up but they idnt have it out yet so now I have to go today to buy it.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:52 PM

Played some SP on heroic then I played MP most of the night

Got plenty of nice kills

I actually think the graphics look great and I it has met my expectations just fine or surpassed it.

I wasn't expecting much in the graphics department, so yea
Old 09-25-2007, 12:52 PM

Got home around 12:15 and started with trying to find a spot to put this helmet, then moved on to watching some off the extras on the DVD's then finally played the game for about an hour on easy so I could just take my time checking out the graphics. Will try out some legendary action tonight hopefullly.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
only played for a bit last night as i couldn't take the day off, and was also surprised by the graphics.

oh well, as long as online co-op works, I'm happy.
Co-op is fun, and about necessary on lengendary, I played 'assault' today alone on lengendary... not easy, beat it but not easy. Assault is the best level so far. Word of advice, give as many marines rocket launchers as possible... and don't get in there sights.. i learned the hard way.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 PM

I went through 6 collectors editions until i got one that wasnt scrathced to hell, i just stood at the counter at walmart until i found one