Lair Has Traditional Control System Still In Code - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-01-2007, 02:35 AM
HDD Contributor

Default Lair Has Traditional Control System Still In Code

Throwing out the window the theory that Microsoft bribed IGN, Gamespot, Gamebrink and WIRED magazine to all give Lair a score below 5 for a moment, here's a bit of a shocker; it would seem that a traditional control system is still coded into the game, and you can unlock it with a non-SixAxis, USB controller.

SOURCE

I think it's going to be a rough weekend at Factor 5 now that this news is out and people will want to know why this option wasn't simply left alone.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:43 AM

I wonder is SCEA had anything to do with this. Factor 5 easily could've put in an option to either use the 6 axis or standard controls.

Does the PS3 want to be so "innovative" that it ends up shooting themselves in the foot?
Old 09-01-2007, 04:42 AM

I thought sony wanted them to make it sixaxis only and factor 5 wanted it to be an option. I'm pretty sure they are pissed now.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

what? people on this site think MS paid off all those sites? lol ... wow.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
what? people on this site think MS paid off all those sites? lol ... wow.
They have the money.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:59 PM

I've read on other message boards that while this works for the earlier levels, there are "special events" which require the sixaxis controls (I'm guessing they mean stuff like the God of War/Heavenly Sword "interactive cutscenes"). Still, I've said all along if they gave people a choice instead of forcing this crap down their throats, the game would have been reviewed more favorably. Can you imagine the reviews if Warhawk was sixaxis-only?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

yep.. MS has paid this site off too..
Old 09-01-2007, 04:16 PM

The reviews I read were saying the game was boring and repetative, the target selection was awfull and the poor controls were just icing on the cake.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
They have the money.
Are you serious? I wish I could say that this was the dumbest thing I've read on this forum. There is an almost amazing lack of common sense around here. Rather than acknowledge that Lair might be a mediocre game, you instead subscribe to the notion that there is a vast conspiracy within the video game press to discredit a single game at the behest of the all powerful Microsoft. I suppose that this includes Playstation Magazine, which gave the game a rating of 5/10. Wow! The tentacles of Microsoft sure are far reaching!

Do you also believe that the United States Government faked the moon landing? How about the easter bunny?
Old 09-01-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Throwing out the window the theory that Microsoft bribed IGN, Gamespot, Gamebrink and WIRED magazine to all give Lair a score below 5 for a moment, here's a bit of a shocker; it would seem that a traditional control system is still coded into the game, and you can unlock it with a non-SixAxis, USB controller.

SOURCE

I think it's going to be a rough weekend at Factor 5 now that this news is out and people will want to know why this option wasn't simply left alone.
I thought about this, this is my 2 cents: SCE made them make it the only option so they could advertise motion controlling a huge fucking dragon in the age of the wii motion control success.

Hoping to catch a ride on the wii hype train. And now its blowing up in their faces. Not to mention motion controls will not sell a 600 to 500 dollar system.