Shadowrun is a bad game according to sarcastic gamer.. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Shadowrun is a bad game according to sarcastic gamer..

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/08...is-a-bad-game//
haha.. shadowrun is a baddd game..
Lets see Master X respond to this.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:39 PM

Once again.... Epic win by Sarcastic gamers... What will they think of next?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:54 PM

Who???????????????

It not my fault people like noobish games like Halo 2. I love Halo but........... its all about who has to best weapon or who can BXR faster. I myself perfer teamxbox.

Quote:
Shadowrun is a first-person shooter introducing mild cyberpunk elements to the gameplay. The game takes place in Brazil in the year 2031: before the events that shaped the Shadowrun universe.

The player is assigned one of two factions to play as: The megacorp RNA Global, or the resistance group known as The Lineage. Playable races are Human, Elf, Troll, and Dwarf. Each race has their own unique racial traits.

Players can purchase magic, tech, and weapons at the beginning of each round of play.

Magic includes:

Teleport, which enables users to instantly warp 8-10 meters in the direction of their movement, even through solid objects
Resurrect, which allows a player to bind a fallen teammate to their own life energy in order to bring them back to life as well as stop teammates from "bleeding out"
Strangle, which produces a field of crystals which restricts the movement and drains the essence of any player caught amongst them
Summon, which produces a creature that relentlessly attacks hostile entities on sight
Gust, which is a burst of powerful wind that can push enemies and objects away, and if timed carefully, can break a player's fall
Smoke, which allows a player to turn their body to smoke, causing bullets, explosions, and falls to cause no damage, though being hit with Gust will cause significant harm
Tree of life, which creates a tree that heals anyone nearby, as well as providing a physical barrier that can be used for cover
Tech includes:

Enhanced vision, which allows the player to detect nearby enemies, as well as teammates, through walls
Glider, which enables short-distance flight and enhanced leaping height
Wired reflexes that enhance the player's running speed and allow the deflection of bullets when wielding a katana
Anti-magic generators, which drain essence of any player or magical object caught in its field
Smartlink, which assists players by increasing enemy tracking abilities and automatically preventing firearms from firing when a teammate is in the crosshair.
Weapons include a sniper rifle, SMG, a shotgun, a minigun, a semi-automatic battle rifle, a rocket launcher, and a katana for close-range combat.

The game lacks a traditional campaign mode. Instead, various match modes are available - solo play against highly-customizable bots, private matches with friends and associates, and live matches which match up players from around the world. The three play modes available are Attrition (Team Deathmatch variant), Extraction (One flag CTF), and Raid mode (Attack/Defend CTF). Any certain map has two of these three game modes usually Raid or Extraction and Attrition.
VERY DEEP its like the new Counterstrike
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowr..._video_game%29
Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 PM

Even with all the things this game is lacking (single player campaign, more varied options, ways to customize your maps/games/characters), its still a fun pick up and play game imo. I love seeing through a wall, teleporting through it to end up right behind a guy, and then blasting him with my shotgun. Or gliding across levels with a minigun showering bullets on everything below. It's also one of the few games that I actually dig playing a support character with resurrect and tree of life because i don't have to gimp myself offensively. I don't know, I admit its got its flaws but still is great fun now and then.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:16 PM

Its a great game but has about a hour learning curve.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Its a great game but has about a hour learning curve.
I was just posting this to mess with you man. i enjoy shadowrun...very unique and deep. I just thought the song was funny.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 AM

I like the original shadowrun...um..on genesis...lol