Nvidia Is Hiring Ray Tracing Talent to Revolutionize the Graphics Industry - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Default Nvidia Is Hiring Ray Tracing Talent to Revolutionize the Graphics Industry

WellInformed would be proud. Proud.

Quote:
With the steady influx of ray tracing talent that Nvidia has been hiring as of late, it is no surprise that many believe that their next generation of video cards will feature the technology. Sam Lapere's blog expresses a passionate dedication to the art of achieving photoreal rendering with GPU ray tracing. Here he documents some of the ray tracing industry veterans and scholars that Nvidia has brought in to lead their ray tracing venture.
Quote:
With these recent hires and initiatives such as RTX (Nvidia's ray tracing API), it seems that Nvidia will be pushing real-time ray tracing into the mainstream really soon. I'm really excited to finally see it all come together. I'm pretty sure that ray tracing will very soon be everywhere and its quality and ease-of-use will soon displace rasterisation based technologies (it's also the reason why I started this blog exactly ten years ago).
https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/07...phics_industry

https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx

https://raytracey.blogspot.com/2018/...real-time.html

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Won't have to wait long:

Quote:
NVIDIA is currently sending around invitations for an event that will take place August 20th prior to Gamescom in Cologne. We all know that they have a bun in the oven, and 1 +1 = 1180 really. The event is called "GeForce Gaming Celebration."

NVIDIA is expected to release Turing based graphics cards, which I believe (read hope) to be is Volta minus tensor cores paired with GDDR6 graphics memory, and not a Pascal refresh. It is however quite amazing that to date, nobody really knows what NVIDIA has readied.

Turing is to be released as GeForce GTX 1180 at August 30th (ten days after the event), followed by 1170 and 1160 in the months to follow. The initial release would be a founders edition, and then September 30th, the AIB cards. These dates are based however on a rumor.
Guru3d
Old 08-01-2018, 06:57 PM

Supporting Nvidia is like an abusive relationship. Still, I'll probably either nab the 1170 or see if can get a deal on the 1080. I still feel like I might just build a new PC next summer. I keep moving it because I haven't really needed it and it's mostly just to do it.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:43 PM

I'm not buying any new titles on PC, so my 970s are still plenty to max out 1440 in the games I own. Buying most newer games on PS4 for the easy factor. Probably won't upgrade PC hardware for several more years.

Still, I like seeing the progress. I hope AMD can turn it around on the GPU front like they did the CPU side. No faith thought. It may take Intel entering 4he GPU market to give Nvidia competition.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I'm not buying any new titles on PC, so my 970s are still plenty to max out 1440 in the games I own. Buying most newer games on PS4 for the easy factor. Probably won't upgrade PC hardware for several more years.

Still, I like seeing the progress. I hope AMD can turn it around on the GPU front like they did the CPU side. No faith thought. It may take Intel entering 4he GPU market to give Nvidia competition.
Well, most of the games coming out don't require a monster machine. The most recent games I've purchased recently were, Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World, and Final Fantasy XV. My current setup should more than handle those at 1080p.

I haven't actually been home often to even use my setup here. Too many fire assignments.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:00 AM

I know how you feel. I've been working on a big project at work since February that will take me through the end of the year. I was trying to work out consistently in the mornings, which meant no time for games. I finally decided to give up weightlifting at the end of June, and now I'm cutting weight. I've got a couple extra hours in my day back, so I've been playing games again. It's glorious.