Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DaveS1138 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    This is Two we're talking about. UC4 was one of the best in the series, honestly better then 2 which I loved.
    I loved 4 but......lets not get crazy here
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    I loved 4 but......lets not get crazy here
    Well I adored UC2 more when it was released. Playing all the games again before the release of UC4 and then going into UC4 with that knowledge just made it a bit better then 2, though I admit I wasn't as obssessed with UC4.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was an amazing movie and a prequel. It couldn't quite reach the height of Raiders but that's only because Raiders set the bar so damn high.
    Temple of Doom is not amazing. Sorry. At best, it's tolerable.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

I approve of the double post, and will allow it to stay.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

kyzer1978 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    No way this will actually make it to the screen. If we get an Uncharted movie, it will have a different lead. They can't make a Prequel movie to a game. Not enough people will have the pre-requisite knowledge of the franchise to support the film. A prequal only works after you've established the franchise with previous films.
    2 words...

Resident Evil
    PSN and Live Gamertag: kyzer1978

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyzer1978 View Post
    2 words...

Resident Evil
    Was that even a Prequel? I had played all RE games up to that point, then saw the movie in the theater. I just thought it was separate cannon. Is the character Alice in the games anywhere?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Was that even a Prequel? I had played all RE games up to that point, then saw the movie in the theater. I just thought it was separate cannon. Is the character Alice in the games anywhere?
    I was always under the impression that the RE movies were their own thing. They borrow a few elements from the game here and there, but with the emphasis on Alice and her super-powers, the actual RE canon stuff always seemed more like just easter eggs for the fans.

Bolo is online now Member

I can see why people don't like 'Temple of Doom' (I love it), but it in no way suffers from prequelitis. It's 'Last Crusade' that goes all prequelly with explaining how everything that defines Indy as a person happened in the same day (use of whip, fedora, scar on chin, fear of snakes etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I can see why people don't like 'Temple of Doom' (I love it), but it in no way suffers from prequelitis. It's 'Last Crusade' that goes all prequelly with explaining how everything that defines Indy as a person happened in the same day (use of whip, fedora, scar on chin, fear of snakes etc).
    Honestly, unless you're paying attention to the dates, you'd never know. My dislike for Doom has nothing to do with it's "prequelness."

Secondly, I disqualify Crusade because it merely feeds info for the current narrative at hand. Sure, there's a bit of easter eggs for fans, but it's mostly just to drive the narrative within the current film. So, I put it on par with Godfather 2, in that realm of prequel/sequelness. That comparison isn't on quality...but merely in terms of how it uses that device.

The list of narratives that serve as prequels that my friends have come up to battle my opinion are as follows...

Temple of Doom
    X-Men: First Class
    Fargo: Season 2

---

That's the list so far. Though, I argue against Doom (see opinion above) and X-Men because of reasons that isolate it from the standard "prequel" realm. Doom because it's not really concerned with trying to establish a character or explain an origin, but merely tell a tale within an earlier period. Which, unless you pay attention, you'd never really know. Most completely miss that it takes place before Raiders.

X-men I argue because it acts more of a reboot. Though, in a shared universe, the film acted as a way to separate itself from the awful X-Men Origins and X-Men 3. Using the template of comic timelines, they were able to use Days of Future Past to retcon the series, and thus restart the timeline. People don't give credit to Fox for kinda pulling that off. It's messy, but it kinda works. Comics are messy. So, I applaud them for that.

Fargo Season 2 I cannot comment. I haven't seen it yet. However, Season 1 is fantastic and I've heard excellent things.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I was always under the impression that the RE movies were their own thing. They borrow a few elements from the game here and there, but with the emphasis on Alice and her super-powers, the actual RE canon stuff always seemed more like just easter eggs for the fans.
    I cannot imagine any serious fan actually considers that horseshit cannon. Though, the games started to become more like those damn movies. Anyway, I stopped watching after RE 2 hit theaters. I couldn't handle the terrible Toxic Avenger Nemesis costume.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Badger3920 is offline Member

I literally started UC4 last night, so we'll see. UC3 didn't really hold my attention and I moved on to other games / quit UC3 once I got to the cargo ship level.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    I literally started UC4 last night, so we'll see. UC3 didn't really hold my attention and I moved on to other games / quit UC3 once I got to the cargo ship level.
    At that point, you have like 4 hours left. I'd pushed through. If I remember correctly. That's the ship that flips over, yes? I think after that you have a gunfight in a sandstorm against super solider snipers with 100% vision. Which, thematically doesn't make any sense and is infuriating.

I think you'll hit your plateau sooner in UC4. There's so much "waiting." Like, you have hardline timelimits/actions you have to clearly wait for in that game. So, it's constantly just following a line and waiting for the game to let you make an action. It doesn't open up until like chapter 10. By then, I'm exhausted and just not interested anymore.

If you've played Gears 2, then you'd know the "slow walk, and talking segments." Imagine that for four hours, before you get to really play the game.

If the game were an RPG, I'd forgive it. As, conversations are a staple of the genre. However, UC is a third person action game. The idea that you have to pour through hours of content before you get to really dig into their game, is ridiculous and a sign of poor design. It's a game. Not a movie. I should be playing it. Every time I'm not playing, I consider that a failure.

Lastly, the setup isn't even interesting. It's actually kinda stupid.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

If they merge the Uncharted vs Puberty movie with Spider-Man, we'll get Twonun's Spider-Man idea he had one drunken night, 7-8 years ago
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    If they merge the Uncharted vs Puberty movie with Spider-Man, we'll get Twonun's Spider-Man idea he had one drunken night, 7-8 years ago
    One day, I will remember my full idea.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12