Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Except, he was mostly wrong. That's kind of the joke.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Some of his specific predictions about individual products have been wrong (like when he predicted Blu-Ray would fuel big PS3 sales back in '06 and '07), but his overall guidance on stock prices has been pretty solid. Not that it's that hard to make quarter-to-quarter predictions about which companies are making money and which are not. Most of the conclusions he comes to are "well duh" type idea. Yeah, you should buy Activision stock when CoD is taking over the FPS market and you should avoid investing in Nintendo when the Wii U is a failure. Those are things anyone who's deep into this thing could probably predict.

But that's a challenge for an outsider to understand, and he's an outsider. Imagine if you took any one of us and said "Right, your job is to learn about and understand this whole section of the stock market that deals with producing the heavy machinery used in building out assembly line style factories. We want you to give us solid recommendations on what companies we should be investing in, and who we should be avoiding." As outsiders, we would do our best to understand that market, make some predictions, and give the boss our recommendations. That's what he spends his days doing.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

kyzer1978 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Some of his specific predictions about individual products have been wrong (like when he predicted Blu-Ray would fuel big PS3 sales back in '06 and '07), but his overall guidance on stock prices has been pretty solid. Not that it's that hard to make quarter-to-quarter predictions about which companies are making money and which are not. Most of the conclusions he comes to are "well duh" type idea. Yeah, you should buy Activision stock when CoD is taking over the FPS market and you should avoid investing in Nintendo when the Wii U is a failure. Those are things anyone who's deep into this thing could probably predict.

But that's a challenge for an outsider to understand, and he's an outsider. Imagine if you took any one of us and said "Right, your job is to learn about and understand this whole section of the stock market that deals with producing the heavy machinery used in building out assembly line style factories. We want you to give us solid recommendations on what companies we should be investing in, and who we should be avoiding." As outsiders, we would do our best to understand that market, make some predictions, and give the boss our recommendations. That's what he spends his days doing.
    Technically he was right about that prediction. More consoles were sold than software leaving software adoption rates at around 0.81 per console during the first fiscal year. The majority of people buying the console were buying it for blu-ray. Gamers were instead buying the Xbox 360 and everyone else was buying the Wii.
    PSN and Live Gamertag: kyzer1978

RM
    RM is online now Member

If my memory serves me, he predicted something like 100 million consoles sold over X number of years. I don't remember what X was though. Still, he thought it was going to be another bull like the PS2 was.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Badger3920 is online now Member

Meanwhile,

HDD's resident Xbot reviewer, Levi Van Tine, gives Recore a 60/100 and has some good, some bad, and mostly lukewarm things to say about it.

He admits that he would have given it a 40, but he gave it a 60 because xbot. He also notes that CD would hate the game, because there are no dragons, but that if you drink a lot, you can drunkenly hallucinate dragons into the game, and therefore CD in coldfoot form would love it.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Meanwhile,

HDD's resident Xbot reviewer, Levi Van Tine, gives Recore a 60/100 and has some good, some bad, and mostly lukewarm things to say about it.

He admits that he would have given it a 40, but he gave it a 60 because xbot. He also notes that CD would hate the game, because there are no dragons, but that if you drink a lot, you can drunkenly hallucinate dragons into the game, and therefore CD in coldfoot form would love it.
    CD can just PIP the new Godzilla movie while he plays. He's golden.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Meanwhile,

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    CD can just PIP the new Godzilla movie while he plays. He's golden.
    I've been playing Recore a bit. It's actually not a terrible game. Not an A+ game either....but it's pretty fun.

I am actually going to drive back down to NJ to go see Shin Godzilla in October since apparently that is the closest it is playing to me. Lame.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

cuco33 is offline Member

Some bold words from Pachter but I stopped caring what he said ages ago
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Maybe he was referring to Palmer Luckey this whole time.

Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    Maybe he was referring to Palmer Luckey this whole time.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

kyzer1978 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    If my memory serves me, he predicted something like 100 million consoles sold over X number of years. I don't remember what X was though. Still, he thought it was going to be another bull like the PS2 was.
    I don't think that was him. I think that was just Sony's original sales goal. Most of his predictions that I can remember were more about current trends. He would predict trends usually about quarterly sales and what not.
    PSN and Live Gamertag: kyzer1978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12