Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Playstation Now...on PC!

What excuses are we going to hear from Cronies as to why they will still buy Playstation consoles? I mean, they already say it's not worth buying an Xbox because the games will be on PC. Now what!?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...ptor-unveiled/

We’re excited to announce that PlayStation Now is making the jump to Windows PC. The app launches overseas in parts of Europe soon and will come to North America shortly thereafter.
    This will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service.
    We’re also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99 ($29.99 CAD). This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.
    Just shows...Sony is always chasing MS.

Price increases for PS +, games on PC....jeez. This sounds really familiar.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Well, the difference is streaming really. I mean, the PC will get native Xbox software (with varying results due to UWA) but the PC will only get Sony titles through streaming. As the libraries crossover, this will be less and less important, but streaming will still be a deciding factor for most people. They'll either choose to not partake, or they wont mind. YMMV in this regard. I cannot stream from Alaska, but that option is available while I'm in Baltimore.

Honestly, the most exciting bit of information is the announcement of Sony Firmware/Drivers for their PS4 controller.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Well, the difference is streaming really. I mean, the PC will get native Xbox software (with varying results due to UWA) but the PC will only get Sony titles through streaming. As the libraries crossover, this will be less and less important, but streaming will still be a deciding factor for most people. They'll either choose to not partake, or they wont mind. YMMV in this regard. I cannot stream from Alaska, but that option is available while I'm in Baltimore.

Honestly, the most exciting bit of information is the announcement of Sony Firmware/Drivers for their PS4 controller.
    #AlaskaAintGotNoStreaming

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

hdinred is offline Member

I'd guess PS Now is charting way below expectations.. lots of PC owners, but I can't imagine many have been waiting for a solution to rent old PS3 games..
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

RM
    RM is offline Member

Unless someone figures out a way to completely solve the input latency issue, I will never stream games. Doesn't matter what company is behind the service. It's a sub-standard technology.

If Sony started selling PC versions of their games, and assuming they didn't come in a garbage wrapper like UWA, I would leave the PS4 to my kids and buy all PlayStation titles on the PC.

Native PC games, or concoles for me.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Unless someone figures out a way to completely solve the input latency issue, I will never stream games.
    It's going to happen. That tech is important to digital rights for the companies. They will invest and invest until they remove the element of "ownership." This is a fact of life with how content creators wish to control content. It's only a matter of time. Like I've been saying for awhile now, Sony is going to place this service on everything it can, because it want to remove hardware from it's cost. This is their end game.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

RedRedSuit is offline Member

Yes. You can play it on your Samsung TV or Sony Blu-Ray player too. So what? All it takes is porting some code onto hardware that's sufficiently powerful to decode some audio/video, which is just about everything.

PS Now works surprisingly well from what I could tell. If I could play God of War: Ascension on it without any real issues, then the lag concerns are overblown at this point.

That's just the technical aspect of it. Equally important is the content. I've seen no evidence of it being a viable retail product or a viable business. Once it expands past a few PS3 games, maybe we'll have something to talk about. Otherwise this is non-news.

Any comparison to Xbox and how its games are already on PC is dumb to the core.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    PS Now works surprisingly well from what I could tell. But I've seen no evidence of it being a viable retail product or a viable business. Once it expands past a few PS3 games, maybe we'll have something to talk about. Otherwise this is non-news.
    It's the baby step of their overall plan to remove hardware dependency. Still years from it replacing anything, but not from experimenting.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

It's the baby step of their overall plan to remove hardware dependency. Still years from it replacing anything, but not from experimenting.
    No disagreement. I just find a PC client existing as a footnote. If my TV can do it by itself, obviously a PC can do it... and will.
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

No disagreement. I just find a PC client existing as a footnote. If my TV can do it by itself, obviously a PC can do it... and will.
    Basically. I'm still just happy they are releasing official controller support.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

great news for all the xbots that are into playing a bunch of old shit these days. right up yer alley

hdinred is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
    great news for all the xbots that are into playing a bunch of old shit these days. right up yer alley
    We like replaying old shit, not repaying for old shit.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Yes. You can play it on your Samsung TV or Sony Blu-Ray player too. So what? All it takes is porting some code onto hardware that's sufficiently powerful to decode some audio/video, which is just about everything.

PS Now works surprisingly well from what I could tell. If I could play God of War: Ascension on it without any real issues, then the lag concerns are overblown at this point.

That's just the technical aspect of it. Equally important is the content. I've seen no evidence of it being a viable retail product or a viable business. Once it expands past a few PS3 games, maybe we'll have something to talk about. Otherwise this is non-news.

Any comparison to Xbox and how its games are already on PC is dumb to the core.
    You really are Super Crony lately eh?

You have the quietest PS4 in the world.
    You think PS Now works well.
    4K is not good (for Xbox)
    Neo is going to be the bomb with Uncharted 4 at 60fps

You are seriously worse than Indy lately.

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    You really are Super Crony lately eh?

You have the quietest PS4 in the world.
    You think PS Now works well.
    Said both of those years ago.

I haven't heard more than a hum out of the PS4, possibly the cable box being louder.

PS Now did work well when I tried it via free trial.

4K is not good (for Xbox)
    No, I strongly criticized native 4K when only Neo was rumored, and there was no Scorpio rumor at all. If you don't believe that, you can see your buddy hdinred explicitly confirm that a few weeks ago on here. Retry.

Neo is going to be the bomb with Uncharted 4 at 60fps
    I didn't say Neo is going to be the bomb with Uncharted 4 at 60fps. I said that I'd like to play Uncharted 4 at 60fps. I have no idea if they'll put that out or not. I'll tell you one thing. If they put out Uncharted 4 at 30fps and 4K, you can take it to the bank I'm not touching it. Though it'd even be free if the leaked docs are accurate.

Native 4K is a fucking stupid pursuit for the vast majority of living room gamers, no matter who does it. Yes, it's that bad.

Said both of those years ago.

I haven't heard more than a hum out of the PS4, possibly the cable box being louder.

PS Now did work well when I tried it via free trial.

No, I strongly criticized native 4K when only Neo was rumored, and there was no Scorpio rumor at all. If you don't believe that, you can see your buddy hdinred explicitly confirm that a few weeks ago on here. Retry.

I didn't say Neo is going to be the bomb with Uncharted 4 at 60fps. I said that I'd like to play Uncharted 4 at 60fps. I have no idea if they'll put that out or not.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast