Wow, you paid how much? What do you mean you don't know what it does? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Wow, you paid how much? What do you mean you don't know what it does?

It's official. 70% of all Xbox 360 owners and 60% of all PS3 owners are semi-retarded.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/200...ms_can_do.html

Now, maybe, just maybe, I can see somebody being completely oblivious to the features on something that cost them almost a half a grand. But then, if you read on you see this...

"Nintendo DS (NDS) functions that system users and likely purchasers are most aware of are touch-screen (57 percent), dual-screen (53 percent) and stylus function (49 percent)."

Who is operating these things? 53 percent of NINTENDO DS OWNERS ARE MOST AWARE OF THE DUAL SCREEN. DO THEY EVEN KNOW WHAT DS MEANS? DUAL SCREEN.

In conclusion, I hate people.

Regardless, this obviously has an effect on HD sales. It just shows how seemingly unaware a (idiot) majority of consumers are. So all this time, a good 60% of PS3 sales came from people who didn't know it had blu-ray? What the hell? What did they buy it for...games?

I only post this in Blu/HD smackdown because of PS3's obvious effect on the current state of HD. I have no interest in debating the merits of PS3 or Xbox 360.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
For example, at 71 percent, PS3 owners and likely purchasers, rate backward compatibility as the most important PS3 function, yet only 37 percent are aware it even exists as a PS3 feature
How can 71% of PS3 owners rate backwards compatablity as the most important feature when only 37% of PS3 owners know it exists?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM

I guess of the 37% that know it exists, 71% of them rate it as the most important feature. That makes for about 26% of all PS3 owners. Not including the retarded ones. Or is it including the retarded ones. I would like to know the overlap of some of those categories. Like how many people didn't know about the blu-ray who also didn't know about the backwards compatibility.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:12 PM

Why was this moved? This doesn't belong in the game console smackdown, it isn't about the gaming consoles, it's about idiotic consumers.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonsx21 View Post
Why was this moved? This doesn't belong in the game console smackdown, it isn't about the gaming consoles, it's about idiotic consumers.
You're lucky this dumb pointless thread wasn't deleted.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
You're lucky this dumb pointless thread wasn't deleted.
Yeah, am I? Am I really? I suppose I should thank my lucky stars. I would be so fortunate to have you post in my thread too. No less with an even more pointless post than my thread, huh?

My point is that HD adoption is going to be that much slower with a bunch of idiots purchasing machines that they have no idea about. And you think that has no bearing on the High Definition market? Is what I'm presenting not factual? Does it not illuminate the High Definition market in some way? Please tell me, messin18. Why is this so pointless?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 PM

I have no idea why he says it's pointless. The information in this thread is downright interesting.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 PM

Thank you for this article I really needed a laugh while I am working. This article actually makes me smart, so again I thank you. Here is the best part of the article, one of the posts at the bottom

# Dan Says:
August 8th, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Just read the fukin manual u get with the machine or even a 2 second glimpse of the packaging will tell you what ur buying! thats like saying the population have bought a toaster but 2% know that bread goes in it and 1% thought that you could only put white bread in. fukin retards!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 AM

I wonder how many PS3 owners know they can play Blu-ray movies, and how many 360 owners know about the HD DVD add-on and what its good for.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:39 AM
HDD Contributor

Apparently the same NPD study says that only 40% of PS3 owners are aware of the Blu-Ray playback capabilities of the console. And of that 40% that are aware only 50% of those have actually used their PS3 to watch a Blu-Ray movie. They didn't do a study on the Xbox 360 add on... because it was an add-on, but the same study said only 50% of Xbox 360 owners were aware of the DVD movie playback capability.

Kind of makes you think, huh? Here we all are, dissecting every bit of information that the industry leaks and the majority of gamers don't give a flip about HD gaming, and whether you can see Halo, Final Fantasy of GTA in 720 or 1080p...

source