View Poll Results: Will Sony change their NEO/PS4K plans because of Scorpio?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as is with the rumored specs.

    8 61.54%
  • Yes, theyíll tinker to bring it closer to the 5.5 TF RX480.

    4 30.77%
  • Yes, theyíll scrap NEO altogether and go big!

    1 7.69%
Page 118 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2078
  1. #1756
    Onslaught X's Avatar
    Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gothaaaam City
    Posts
    37,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Does Tom hook up with another highschool kid?
    Cobie Smulders is the love interest (still awful actress)

    American Made though...
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

    Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

  2. #1757
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Was at G2E in Vegas this week. LOT of the casino gaming companies had VR shit going on. VR is going nowhere.
    I represent a few VR companies (hardware and software). The hardware ones of course started to fall on hard times as the industry began to consolidate toward a couple solutions a couple years back. The higher tier software ones did better for longer but even they're finding the same as what's being discussed on this board -- after some very heavy investment, market uptake is MUCH more modest than was expected, and investors are having to heavily pare back expectations. Even my bigger vr software clients are really starting to feel it. It doesn't mean they're quitting and going home, but it's pretty zero sum at some point in time -- either it becomes the next hot thing and it continues to attract investment and everyone continues to funnel money and effort into it commensurate with its status as the next hot thing, or it doesn't.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  3. #1758
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    What Onslaught said x 10000000000
    Shove it Cheerleader! Your Dear Leader has a terrible movie opinion (and cheerleader).
    BOOOM!
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  4. #1759
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    12,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Was at G2E in Vegas this week. LOT of the casino gaming companies had VR shit going on. VR is going nowhere.
    Have you seen this?

    https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/apr3vrp_460sv.mp4
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  5. #1760
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rm View Post
    lmfao!!!!!

  6. #1761
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,622

    Default

    I've been getting a kick out of watching 4K HDR game captures on my TV.

    Assassins Creed looks STUNNING.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  7. #1762
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    I've been getting a kick out of watching 4K HDR game captures on my TV.

    Assassins Creed looks STUNNING.

    Link to a good one?
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  8. #1763
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,622

    Default

    https://youtu.be/e8oPvbpVGP0

    Even on YouTube on my TVs YouTube app, itís 4K HDR off of the Xbox. So it would look even better native.

    I havenít bothered to download big 4K capture files.

    Iíve been doing A to B comparisons kiiinnda. Iíve loaded the same vid on my Xbox, and switched back to the native smart tv YouTube app. Been looking good.

  9. #1764
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    https://youtu.be/e8oPvbpVGP0

    Even on YouTube on my TVs YouTube app, itís 4K HDR off of the Xbox. So it would look even better native.

    I havenít bothered to download big 4K capture files.

    Iíve been doing A to B comparisons kiiinnda. Iíve loaded the same vid on my Xbox, and switched back to the native smart tv YouTube app. Been looking good.
    Thanks, is 4K on my KS8000 but not HDR.
    Iím holding on on playing this until Xbox One X, backlog is too big
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  10. #1765
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Thanks, is 4K on my KS8000 but not HDR.
    Iím holding on on playing this until Xbox One X, backlog is too big
    I knew there was still good in you.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  11. #1766
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    I represent a few VR companies (hardware and software). The hardware ones of course started to fall on hard times as the industry began to consolidate toward a couple solutions a couple years back. The higher tier software ones did better for longer but even they're finding the same as what's being discussed on this board -- after some very heavy investment, market uptake is MUCH more modest than was expected, and investors are having to heavily pare back expectations. Even my bigger vr software clients are really starting to feel it. It doesn't mean they're quitting and going home, but it's pretty zero sum at some point in time -- either it becomes the next hot thing and it continues to attract investment and everyone continues to funnel money and effort into it commensurate with its status as the next hot thing, or it doesn't.
    Have you heard anything about Facebook? They bought into it but I haven't heard or sen anything.

  12. #1767
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,688

    Default

    Shadow of War highlights the strengths and weaknesses of PS4 Pro

    Sadly, this is where PS4 Pro's support for 4K assets ends - it's just the cinematics that get a boost and nothing else. On PC meanwhile, there's also a 15GB 4K textures pack on offer, which brings a more exciting upgrade to the actual, in-game visuals. It's a VRAM intensive option, but one that bumps up texture resolution across the board - giving crisper, more detailed surfaces that better fit a 4K output. Tellingly, the minimum requirement for 4K textures is a 8GB card like the GTX 1070, or R9 390 - each with a high level of VRAM that goes beyond the usable memory available on PS4 Pro. It explains its absence on all console versions - at least, until we see Xbox One X's support.

    From the start then, there's a sense we're not getting a complete 4K package on PS4 Pro - but to what extent does it matter?
    This is going to be a fun couple years coming up!
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One Ė The Leader in 4K Entertainment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

  13. #1768
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,446

    Default

    At Target again. Now that I know whatís what, the prices are ridiculous as long as itís not OLED. OLED means 2x price for 20Ē less size. So I donít know. Though still OLED isnít THAT much. Not like plasma used to be.

    Maybe I can find a Magnolia hi-fi store to test it out. Donít know if they still exist.)

    (LoL @ the non-bolded ďbut to what extent does it matter?Ē above)

    P.S. Zelda looks funny on a TV compared to even vanilla PS4 games.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  14. #1769
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    12,007

    Default

    I spent a few minutes staring at a curved 65" Samsung a few days ago. It wasn't OLED, but it was really pretty.

  15. #1770
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    At Target again. Now that I know whatís what, the prices are ridiculous as long as itís not OLED. OLED means 2x price for 20Ē less size. So I donít know. Though still OLED isnít THAT much. Not like plasma used to be.

    Maybe I can find a Magnolia hi-fi store to test it out. Donít know if they still exist.)

    (LoL @ the non-bolded ďbut to what extent does it matter?Ē above)

    P.S. Zelda looks funny on a TV compared to even vanilla PS4 games.
    Did you a favor not bolding that part.. the answer isnít good for Pro!!!

    If OLED is within reach, you wonít regret it..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1