View Poll Results: Will Sony change their NEO/PS4K plans because of Scorpio?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as is with the rumored specs.

8 61.54%
  • Yes, they’ll tinker to bring it closer to the 5.5 TF RX480.

4 30.77%
  • Yes, they’ll scrap NEO altogether and go big!

1 7.69%
Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Gutter21 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    Moving on to new hardware and offering a secondary hardware option are two different things, as you know. I don't get it though, I thought Sony won E3 (said by many, not necessarily you) based on the games they showed?
    M$ won E3 2017 Sony took E3 2016
    Lens of Truth: Did you hear that? That sir is the sound of the bar being raised.

weasl is online now Member

Why am I hurt? If I cared about buffed up specs and the Xbox One's library I'd probably just go PC at this point. Why is your stance hurting so much that all you can champion is the distant future of playing higher res games and backwards compatibility on modern consoles.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter21 View Post
    M$ won E3 2017 Sony took E3 2016
    who wins the superbowl in 2017?!
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

hdinred is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    Why am I hurt?
    Project Scorpio.

If I cared about buffed up specs and the Xbox One's library I'd probably just go PC at this point. Why is your stance hurting so much that all you can champion is the distant future of playing higher res games and backwards compatibility on modern consoles.
    You care enough to make a (seemingly) bitter reply to Badger.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    I also question if ad campaigns now approaching 2 full years is killing excitement for games by the time they actually launch. Seems like they're keeping the baited hook out there too long. I guess that's just part of building a big pre-order campaign using social media these days?
    I think there may be something to this. Hype for an upcoming product is hard to maintain over two years. Or 10, as may be the case with some much, much bigger products in production. I'm not a fan of how buggy Bethesda games are, but they certainly did the right thing announcing Fallout 4 at last year's E3 and then having it available just a few months afterward. I think it would be healthier for marketing departments to get back on a marketing schedule like that, and give just enough time for hype to build to a fever pitch, then release when it's high. Building up hype only to have it fall, then build it up again a few months later, then a few months after that doesn't seem quite as productive, especially when you stretch that out over years.

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

As Badger said, "I may not fully understand the joke, but I think it's sort of sad commentary on this generation that the most exciting thing to come out of E3 the last year or two is the prospect of just moving on to new hardware."
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Badger3920 is offline Member

Moving on to new hardware and offering a secondary hardware option are two different things, as you know. I don't get it though, I thought Sony won E3 (said by many, not necessarily you) based on the games they showed?
    You were under that impression, the people here were, or both?
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Project Scorpio.

You care enough to make a (seemingly) bitter reply to Badger.
    You're projecting your own opinion of what I should think? I've already said I don't really care about Scorpio or Neo for that matter since they play the same games that the cheaper consoles do. You're projecting more and more while making up false statements these days. Starting to act a lot like Mid.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    You were under that impression, the people here were, or both?
    Yeah, both, Sony showed some impressive games, didn't they? Gears 4 and FH3 looked great too. But yeah, new hardware is just naturally exciting, there is nothing wrong with that.

The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

You're projecting your own opinion of what I should think? I've already said I don't really care about Scorpio or Neo for that matter since they play the same games that the cheaper consoles do. You're projecting more and more while making up false statements these days. Starting to act a lot like Mid.
    You cared a lot about performance this gen, everyone has, so now it magically doesn't matter for the next iteration of these consoles? Console performance is one of the primary drivers of this entire forum topic, and has been since it started..

You cared a lot about performance this gen, everyone has, so now it magically doesn't matter for the next iteration of these consoles? Console performance is one of the primary drivers of this entire forum topic, and has been since it started..
    Lots of Cronies suddenly saying it's not about the power gap. Wonder why?

On some other forums they are talking about how the Teraflop difference doesn't matter at all between Neo 4.5tf and Scorpio 6tf. Funny...the .5tf difference mattered with PS4...make the gap 3x as big and suddenly its no big deal!
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

RedRedSuit is offline Member

It matters, but it's about context as well. All else being equal, power (even a small difference) is an easy differentiator, and that's the case in the current generation. PS4 was cheaper with a better UI and most of the same games running better. Now it's slightly more expensive but still better and with better exclusives. So it's an easy choice. 360 was less of an easy choice because it didn't have the exclusives edge after a while, but still the 2 consoles were similar, and running most games better was a big pro for 360. I found both consoles essential last gen, with edge to 360, and only one this generation.

It's completely unclear what other variables are in play in this case of Scorpio, Neo, PS4, NX. Being afraid of some nebulously priced half-gen upgrade without known game support coming in more than a year is an overreaction. Similarly, freaking out about it as the second coming is an overreaction.

Still, some things we do know about it which are interesting in a positive way, namely a good power bump and an unprecedented level of compatibility with its predecessor. Other things, like Phil Spencer's concerning focus on talking about the near-useless feature that is 4K, are somewhat concerning. So it's a *shrug* situation to me.
    Last edited by RedRedSuit; 07-21-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Where did you get the idea that he cared about performance this generation? He's just a PlayStation fanboy. He'll always prefer it. This is the guy that willfully bought particularly shitty PS3 ports like Bayonetta despite owning a 360. Sure, he doesn't have an allergy for good exclusives on his non-preferred console the way most of you guys do, meaning to some extent games do come first, but he's still a brand fan. An emphasis on power is not something I'd ever ascribe to weasl.
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Where did you get the idea that he cared about performance this generation? He's just a PlayStation fanboy. He'll always prefer it. This is the guy that willfully bought particularly shitty PS3 ports like Bayonetta despite owning a 360. Sure, he doesn't have an allergy for good exclusives on his non-preferred console the way most of you guys do, meaning to some extent games do come first, but he's still a brand fan. An emphasis on power is not something I'd ever ascribe to weasl.
    Naw that's just what CD and Mid programmed you to think. I'm not a brand fan at all. My alliance has always been with the games. I was pro 360 for the start of that gen, having just come off a long stint as a PC gamer. At that start of the generation the 360 just had the games for me, but later in it's life cycle it pretty much reversed those good tidings and I shifted to the PS3.

I mean shit I bought the PS3 because I got hooked on HD DVDs and wanted a blu ray player.

Yes yes, every fanboy has an origin story. Nightie likes to tell the tale of his PS2 fandom too, yet at this point Phil Spencer and 'falz could throw acid in his face, and he'd still buy 3 Xboxes the next day. It doesn't really matter. Your posts and actions speak for themselves. Now despite that sounding like this huge accusation, it's not. You're a gamer, one with a big brand bias for sure (whether it's a result of these fanboy wars in here or something else), but still an honest gamer in there, not someone totally overcome with brand bias and hatred for the "other side." So I don't really have a big problem. All I said was that trying to ascribe some loyalty to high performance hardware doesn't work in your case. That's not what drives you. We all know that.

Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast