Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I think we're probably looking at the console generation winding down now. It wouldn't surprise me much if we only get two more years--if that--out of the current generation and Sony and/or Microsoft announce new machines for 2020, or even 2019, though I'd imagine they want to milk the Pro/Xbox One X for a couple of years at least.
    Given the costs associated with launching a new console generation (Billions of dollars), I don't think either of them want to gamble again for 5 years, if they can get away with pushing the existing hardware. I think they want to milk this generation for as long as possible and will only draw that line in the sand when they start to see software sales decline. I think these premium consoles are really just their way of etching out another 8 year lifespan for these machines. I don't think we will see the next generation until 2020 or 2021.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Too lazy to start a new thread. Forgot MS conf was today and just went over liveblog.

Lots of teaser trailers this year for titles in 2019 (known or otherwise), lots of good potential but rest of 2018 is looking rough for Xbox exclusives.
    Cyberpunk, dying light 2 and shadows die twice all seem great.
    Excited for halo returning to roots, it seems.
    Gears 5 has a steep hill to get over for me to get interested after gears 4 letdown.
    Day 1 for FH4, love the franchise.
    crackdown 3 no show?
    Zero interest in battletoads, Will play JC4 for 10$ a few weeks after launch.
    Hopefully division 2 has more depth for single players.

Good luck with the streaming service.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

I think the Microsoft conference went okay. There was much less fat than in past conferences, and was much more lean. I guess not having any Kinect section to worry about this time helped. They had the exclusives they needed, with the Halo/Gears/Forza trinity, but they also had some stuff in there for Japanese gamers, even if a lot of it was reissues of past games, like Tales of Vesparia, or Nier: Automata.

I wouldn't say they really had any amazing surprises, excepting the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer right at the end, but I can't say they had any clear bombs either.

RM
    RM is offline Member

They had the exclusives they needed, with the Halo/Gears/Forza trinity...
    Me:

PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

weasl is offline Member

Here's to MS managing their new studios right this time.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    Here's to MS managing their new studios right this time.
    Yeah, buying up Ninja Theory was a bit of a surprise me. Hopefully this doesn't mean the studio gets shut down five years from now.

hdinred is offline Member

5 new studios and acknowledging a new Xbox in development were the best news, Forza Horizon 4 was the best game. Happy for more Halo & Gears. The rest was good, but not too exciting. I'm guessing the new Fable will be premiered at Gamescom.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

hdinred is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Game looked great, but the dialog between the players was the cringe-worthy part of the show.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

DaveS1138 is offline Member

Wow. Last of Us II looks stunning

Not sure they could have come up with a duller format for the show though
    Last edited by DaveS1138; 06-11-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Too lazy to start a new thread. Forgot MS conf was today and just went over liveblog.

Lots of teaser trailers this year for titles in 2019 (known or otherwise), lots of good potential but rest of 2018 is looking rough for Xbox exclusives.
    Cyberpunk, dying light 2 and shadows die twice all seem great.
    Excited for halo returning to roots, it seems.
    Gears 5 has a steep hill to get over for me to get interested after gears 4 letdown.
    Day 1 for FH4, love the franchise.
    crackdown 3 no show?
    Zero interest in battletoads, Will play JC4 for 10$ a few weeks after launch.

Good luck with the streaming service.
    Crackdown 3 was there. Much better trailer than the previous years. Not sure how it will turn out, but I like the first 2 games.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Microsoft was an interesting conference to evaluate, because there's different angles to consider. On a presentation level, Microsoft did a great job. They had really nice world premieres, they kept most talking to a minimum, the main lull I'd say was the Division segment going way too long. On the first party front, Gears and Forza look stunning, but I didn't get a grasp of what Halo Infinite actually was...makes it seem like it's a decent ways out but maybe I'm wrong. The rest of the year looks pretty dire for MS, outside Forza Horizon it seems, but 2019 should be good for them assuming Halo and Gears make it. Crackdown still seems eh to me, hard to tell what it'll turn out like after so many delays.

The studio announcements was a necessary thing, Ninja Theory being the big surprise and a good get. They have experience in story drive action games that Sony just dominates right now. Playground Games and Undead less so considering they've worked exclusively with MS for a while. Could be years before that comes to fruition but they backed up their talk on committing to first party. Now to see if they deliver.

As for the world premieres....these games play best on XB1X, but a lot of their conference in general was filled with titles also coming to PS4. So while it made for a good presentation, it didn't necessarily mean good for Xbox other than reassurance that their partnerships with 3rd parties remain strong. So this was the part I had a hard time evaluating, because MS isn't at the point right now to have a conference without a lot of 3rd party content.

So overall, I think I'd give it a B?

On the other hand, Sony's presentation format was absolutely terrible. The games look pretty good (Death Stranding excepting, I have no idea what the game really is as of yet), but the venue change + musical performance + trailer reel after that along with a general lack of content beyond the core 4 games was offputting. I'd give them a C I guess
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    Microsoft was an interesting conference to evaluate, because there's different angles to consider. On a presentation level, Microsoft did a great job. They had really nice world premieres, they kept most talking to a minimum, the main lull I'd say was the Division segment going way too long. On the first party front, Gears and Forza look stunning, but I didn't get a grasp of what Halo Infinite actually was...makes it seem like it's a decent ways out but maybe I'm wrong. The rest of the year looks pretty dire for MS, outside Forza Horizon it seems, but 2019 should be good for them assuming Halo and Gears make it.

The studio announcements was a necessary thing, Ninja Theory being the big surprise. Playground Games and Undead less so. Could be years before that comes to fruition but they backed up their talk on committing to first party. Now to see if they deliver.

As for the world premieres....these games play best on XB1X, but a lot of their conference in general was filled with titles also coming to PS4. So while it made for a good presentation, it didn't necessarily mean good for Xbox other than reassurance that their partnerships with 3rd parties remain strong. So this was the part I had a hard time evaluating, because MS isn't at the point right now to have a conference without a lot of 3rd party content.

So overall, I think I'd give it a B?

On the other hand, Sony's presentation format was absolutely terrible. The games look pretty good (Death Stranding excepting, I have no idea what the game really is as of yet), but the venue change + trailer reel after that along with a general lack of content beyond the core 4 games was offputting. I'd give them a C I guess
    I'd rate the MS conference a 23 out of 10.

The Sony conference on the other hand was the worst I have ever seen. I am canceling my PS4 pre-order now. Fuck sony.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

I didn’t watch Sony’s conf, purposely avoiding all TLOU2 material and knew there would be plenty.
    Death stranding and Spider-Man don’t excite me very much.
    Nioh 2 is pretty cool but expected.
    “Free” BlackOps 3 is good I guess

No bombshells this year from anyone, oh well.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

I didn’t watch Sony’s conf, purposely avoiding all TLOU2 material and knew there would be plenty.
    Death stranding and Spider-Man don’t excite me very much.
    Nioh 2 is pretty cool but expected.
    “Free” BlackOps 3 is good I guess

No bombshells this year from anyone, oh well.
    To be fair, I think both Sony and Microsoft warned us well ahead of time not to expect any megatons/bombshells.

I'm still really intrigued by Death Stranding just because it's Kojima and just looks so damn weird. Surprised that even though they had those interstitial linking videos with Dreams, they didn't have a release date for the game.

On another note, my enthusiasm for Fallout 76 dropped considerably when they mentioned that it was going to be online. Guess I'll just wait for that Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI game.

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

To be fair, I think both Sony and Microsoft warned us well ahead of time not to expect any megatons/bombshells.

I'm still really intrigued by Death Stranding just because it's Kojima and just looks so damn weird. Surprised that even though they had those interstitial linking videos with Dreams, they didn't have a release date for the game.

On another note, my enthusiasm for Fallout 76 dropped considerably when they mentioned that it was going to be online. Guess I'll just wait for that Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI game.
    Those seem 3 and 5 years out respectively.

I have little interest in Fallout 76 (And 4 was a disappointment to be) but credit to Todd Howard, his presentation of the thing was rather hilarious and infectious to me.

I was hoping to see more from Cyberpunk.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast