Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,921 to 1,927 of 1927
    Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Amazonitus baby!
    I don't think NPD was dismissed. I think just like HD thinks, it's relevance isn't there like it used to be. Toss in how they report out and how digital isn't included and we don't have the same ammo for a game console smack down debate kind of thing
    This has changed significantly over past year. However lack of transparency in numbers is not helping
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

cuco33 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    This has changed significantly over past year. However lack of transparency in numbers is not helping
    I haven't really kept up but if they include digital now then great. I never liked how they combined all platforms now. I get it, makes sense for the game itself but it's nice to see how well a game does per platform. I'm more interested in how PC platform does compared to the consoles outside of steam stats.

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Amazonitus baby!
    I don't think NPD was dismissed. I think just like HD thinks, it's relevance isn't there like it used to be. Toss in how they report out and how digital isn't included and we don't have the same ammo for a game console smack down debate kind of thing
    Itís still being dismissed so we can wait and see what happens towards the end of the year
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

I haven't really kept up but if they include digital now then great. I never liked how they combined all platforms now. I get it, makes sense for the game itself but it's nice to see how well a game does per platform. I'm more interested in how PC platform does compared to the consoles outside of steam stats.
    Yeah I want to say most if not all major publishers are now providing digital data.

But since all we get is rankings, not even cumulative numbers, NPD is pretty much useless to me.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

RedRedSuit is online now Member

I don't know about GAF. But the reason NPD isn't tracked as breathlessly as it was earlier in the generation and last generation is because the results are favorable to Sony. It's been a well-observed phenomenon on this forum that the tiny crowd of Xbox zealots are way more driven to post "Sony bad MS good" news items than the alleged Sony people are drive to post "MS bad Sony good" news items. I've seen like hundreds of N4G-index stories through the years where I was like, "wow, this is going to go up on HDD Smackdown," and then... nope, no one cares.

- Part of it is expectations. It's been a lop-sided generation, so it's like posting about the Warriors winning another game... not that exciting usually. (I assume, if it's true GAF stopped tracking NPD as carefully, that that's what is causing that -- expectations.)

- The other part of it is the identity/personality of the people on the two alleged "sides." mich for example just couldn't be bothered. On the other hand CD is a different story.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    the Warriors winning another game...
    R* is making another Warriors game?!?!?!?!?!?!
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Finished Uncharted Lost Legacy on Moderate. Sweet game. Didn't have the dramatic sweep of 4 but probably way more fun to re-play due to... lacking all the dramatic sweep (i.e. -- shorter game but still substantial, less climbing+banter, higher ratio of creative gameplay to total time). And yes, very sweet final set piece, really long and awesome as fuck! Though, could've used at least one more big set piece; the one on the game cover doesn't really qualify, as it's really short. (Uncharted 2 featured no fewer 4 of them! Fucking awesome.)

Side note: While riding a hijacked 4x4, be really far away from the
    Spoiler:
    train
    and then press X+left stick to jump back. You will see Chloe apparently possesses tiger/cheetah-like jump power. It is quite hilarious IMO. I guarantee you the jump I executed was at least a good 15 yards.

I don't know how well it will stand up to re-plays. I really found 4 shockingly unpleasant on Hard (whereas 2 on Hard is 3rd person shooter bliss, god it's so much fun). Not sure if this will be the same way. We'll find out in a couple of years.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV