Page 319 of 319 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319
Results 4,771 to 4,776 of 4776
    RM
    RM is online now Member

Sounds like unreasonable expectations.

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Who's saying VR "sux"? My critique has not been of the "fun factor" (which I'm sure is great for those interested), but the predictions from many around the web that it was going to blow up and become "the future of gaming". I've been pushing back against the hype, not the tech.

I haven't seen anyone here who's against VR. Apathy is a different thing.
    I could point out the various shots you guys take. Itís not any one person or statement; not giving credit to solved problems; focusing on the negative only; things like that. Overall it points a ďsux/FUDĒ picture. When someone is determined to shit on a concept they donít even notice all the shots they take. And on the flip side of that coin, knowing itís not a commercial success makes me extra sensitive and defensive about it.

Itís demoralizing, like I said, but on the other hand the experience is so convincing, I know itís only a matter of time before itís the ďinĒ thing. Put simply, it owns in a new way. I managed to impress my 76-yo father, and all it took was Google Earth and the admittedly kickass (for a demo) Touch demo. Sooner or later itíll be wireless and $100, and itíll be a standard for game development. Not THE standard but one of them; a segment like handhelds vs. TV consoles.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

DaveS1138 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Saw that and caved, bought a bunch of stuff. I finally gave that Apollo 11 VR experience a shot. Simpler graphics aside, it was actually a pretty cool educational experience. I can see that being a lot more educational than a textbook. And man, the Apollo command module is absolutely claustrophobic, it's crazy that they were cramped in that thing for a week.

Also got Drive Club VR, but I haven't taken a look at that yet.
    I got the Apollo 11 experience when it first came out and yeah.....it's really cool Just getting to land the Eagle...even if very simplistic controls was really fun

I'm going to be picking up a few things in the sale that I missed first time around....looking forward to resident evil since the various demos of that had all been really good and creepy as hell...
    The Statik demo was also good.....didn't want to pay full price but could go for the sale.

Driveclub VR.....eh....even at $6
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    I'm going to be picking up a few things in the sale that I missed first time around....looking forward to resident evil since the various demos of that had all been really good and creepy as hell...
    Resident Evil 7 may be the single best VR experience currently available on any VR platform. However, it is also impossible to play for any sustained period of the time, the stress level is simply too great.

If you can make it past the opening chapter and then still have the guts to be willing to keep playing after that, rather than saying "Oh man, I need a break to decompress," you probably are a sociopath with abnormal emotional responses. No game has ever personally scared me as much as RE7 in VR. Hands down the most terrifying gaming experience I've had to date, though I don't doubt that eventually some other VR horror title will steal the crown. But for now, RE7 is it. It just doesn't get more vicariously upsetting than that game.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Resident Evil 7 may be the single best VR experience currently available on any VR platform. However, it is also impossible to play for any sustained period of the time, the stress level is simply too great.

If you can make it past the opening chapter and then still have the guts to be willing to keep playing after that, rather than saying "Oh man, I need a break to decompress," you probably are a sociopath with abnormal emotional responses. No game has ever personally scared me as much as RE7 in VR. Hands down the most terrifying gaming experience I've had to date, though I don't doubt that eventually some other VR horror title will steal the crown. But for now, RE7 is it. It just doesn't get more vicariously upsetting than that game.
    You're sounding like me describing my first foray into the world of Condemned back in 2006.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You're sounding like me describing my first foray into the world of Condemned back in 2006.
    Well, it's pretty much like that, as far as that first feeling of having a premium horror VR experience. When you're "in" the messed up crazy people house and actually peeking over tables or leaning around corners while being stalked, or when you've got the knife pointed right between your eyes, it's a whole different experience.

Every person I've put through a VR demo with a horror slant to it has completely freaked out once the horror starts ramping up. It's just on another level. RE7 is one of the best in the bunch in that regard, and it's also a full VR game from start to finish, so I would put it at the top of the any list for recommended VR titles, provided you've got will power to get through it.