Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

Default BC Matters (Not to Sony fans)

To the 3 Xbots on this site... don't let the group think of Playstation fans here try to tell you BC doesn't matter. We know it does like it did when the 60 gig PS3 had it. Nobody likes having all those games from last gen just sitting there. Especially games they haven't beaten.. and nobody likes keeping an older console hooked up to your entertainment center when you can use a new console.

Microsoft: Xbox One "Building Momentum" Thanks to Backwards Compatibility and Exclusives

Sony's PlayStation 4 has been regularly outselling the Xbox One, but Microsoft's current-generation console is now "building momentum," according to new comments from Microsoft CFO Amy Hood.

Speaking during Microsoft's latest earnings presentation, Hood said Xbox's strong performance during the last quarter, along with positive buzz at E3, is helping the Xbox One pick up steam.

"This progress, as well as the excitement we generated at E3--with Xbox exclusive gaming content and backwards compatibility--demonstrates the building momentum that exists within the Xbox ecosystem," she said.

Although the PS4 was the top-selling overall console in the United States during June, the Xbox One outsold Sony's console during the week of E3. Xbox One sales during E3 week rose 79 percent year-on-year, which, as Hood said, could be attributed to excitement over Xbox One backwards compatibility.

As far as exclusive games, Microsoft has time and again claimed that it has the "greatest holiday games lineup in Xbox history." Some of company's big exclusive games this year include Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rare Replay, and Fable Legends.

For its part, Sony has openly admitted that its first-party PS4 lineup this year is "a little sparse."

For the quarter ended June 30, combined Xbox One and Xbox 360 sales increased compared to last year, while Microsoft made more money from Xbox Live than it did the year prior. On top of that, first-party game revenue was on the up, thanks in part to the continued success of Minecraft.
    http://appygamer.mobilesrepublic.com...cleid=45251942

Sony admits the bold... their hardcore supporters don't believe what they say.. this time though.

Tsunami incoming!

Playing the same old games just how you played them 10 years ago matters when that's what your lineup looks like in 2015.
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Badger3920 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
    To the 3 Xbots on this site... don't let the group think of Playstation fans here try to tell you BC doesn't matter.
    Are you running away with misinformation? The vast majority of us agree, and have admitted that BC matters. The people here, with maybe an obvious exception or two, agree with you on this topic - so the persecution angle doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
    Sony admits the bold... their hardcore supporters don't believe what they say.. this time though.
    I suppose we don't have many hardcore Sony supporters here then as several people seem to share and acknowledge this opinion.

This seems to be more of an indy-smackdown thread than anything.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Sony's PlayStation 4 has been regularly outselling the Xbox One, but Microsoft's current-generation console is now "building momentum," according to new comments from Microsoft CFO Amy Hood.
    Lol, because someone at M$ says momentum is building, it must be. Never mind they may have just come from a pep rally or that as a good manager they have to put a positive spin on things to keep the troops moving.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Are you running away with misinformation? The vast majority of us agree, and have admitted that BC matters.
    Oh, undoubtedly, when you don't have much to look forward to, BC certainly matters. It fills the gaps.

This seems to be more of an indy-smackdown thread than anything.
    From the guy who came back to the forum by making this thread?! Noway.
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Pyrochaos is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post

Playing the same old games just how you played them 10 years ago matters when that's what your lineup looks like in 2015.
    God of War 3
    Journey
    Uncharted collection
    Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD
    Tearaway Unfolded

Seems PS4 users like to pay to play their old games.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

lol appygamer matters now?

get the fuck outta here with your old game bullshit. no one wants to play old shit on a new system

Pyrochaos is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
    lol appygamer matters now?

get the fuck outta here with your old game bullshit. no one wants to play old shit on a new system
    They don't?

AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

Ha, I don't care to enter the fray Pyro, but I don't think that's your best proof.
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

RedRedSuit is offline Member

BC is, at its best, a nice-to-have to the average gamer. Not some game-changer but a nice-to-have. Now, by "at its best" I mean -- when the system is launched and has nothing to play (neither is true of Xbox One at this point), and when it is hardware/1-to-1 BC (also not true of Xbox One). Essentially, what is realistically a nice-to-have, at most, has been knocked down to half-of-a-nice-to-have by at least the fact that it's 2 years late.

No generic statements about "momentum" from the company itself are ever going to change the above, which deep down you all know to be true. That molehill will remain a molehill. You can't change it into a mountain through sheer shill-power.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post

Its all they have. Let the poor xbots have their fun. Its not their fault that their exclusives are so pitiful, piss-poor and underwhelming that they have to attach themselves to the success of their last-gen machine. Its kinda like these guys running around with rebel flags. Living in the past...back when things went their way.

Hell, mid has made more threads on wrinkly, stale old games than he has for any of the new ones. that shows just how excited he is over these "amazing" exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    They don't?

Yeah, that service is lighting up the fuckin charts, I tell ya. I mean, I signed up right away! I bet all the other cronys here use this service on a daily basis, dont you?

If you werent such a whore for any corporation with microsoft in the title, youd make the same claim. But you have a role to play, so keep on dancin, monkey.

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Still weird to see last gen games suddenly mattering
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    BC is, at its best, a nice-to-have to the average gamer. Not some game-changer but a nice-to-have. Now, by "at its best" I mean -- when the system is launched and has nothing to play (neither is true of Xbox One at this point), and when it is hardware/1-to-1 BC (also not true of Xbox One). Essentially, what is realistically a nice-to-have, at most, has been knocked down to half-of-a-nice-to-have by at least the fact that it's 2 years late.
    This is exactly right. It's good fan service and a nice-to-have. It matters. How much it matters is relative. Getting limited scope software emulation BC a couple years into the generation? Certainly better than nothing. Also certainly not a megaton.

I was thinking about buying an x1, but since the only games worth of shit to play on it have already been out for 5 years, I'll just stick with the piece of shit xbox I already have.

thanks obama

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast