Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    CoD2 what a fun game
    Except the barn level and the fucking end. That fucking end sequence is ungodly unfair. A barrage of smoke grenades to kill the frame rate to slow the action down to break the game.

Ugh, not fun.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

I remember COD2 having quite a difficult SP.

MP was great. Bolt action rifle battles on PC were some good shit.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    I remember COD2 having quite a difficult SP.

MP was great. Bolt action rifle battles on PC were some good shit.
    I vowed never to play Veteran again after COD 2. I would later break that with COD 4, but then reconfirmed my stance. Never again.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    I vowed never to play Veteran again after COD 2. I would later break that with COD 4, but then reconfirmed my stance. Never again.
    I never did Veteran until MW2 oddly enough.

It wasn't too bad outside of the Favelas. If there wasn't infinite spawning, I'm pretty sure I murdered everyone in the Favela
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    I never did Veteran until MW2 oddly enough.

It wasn't too bad outside of the Favelas. If there wasn't infinite spawning, I'm pretty sure I murdered everyone in the Favela
    The last mission of COD 2 on Veteran is a shit show. It's the definition of frustration. The method I used to beat it, required you to break the game by smoke grenade spamming the map. Fuck that game. Fuck it.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

COD2 was the last hard COD game on Veteran. I don't think I ever beat COD2 on Veteran. I got to the last part but the infinite respawns pissed me off.

After that, the games were a piece of cake on Veteran since they did away with the infinite respawning enemies. You just had to take your time.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

COD 4 has Infinite Respawn.

However, I'll agree that COD 2 was more difficult...in aspects. COD 4 used terrible glitchy checkpoints to make certain chapters terrible. COD 2 just made every motherfucker on the map a god damn sniper. Ugh. If you didn't headshot, you got fucked. The level was so frustrating because you had to memorize enemy spawns and locations to basically hip shoot all those bastards.

Then, the last level was just an open fucking map with a bunker in the center. Enemies on all sides with fucking perfect eye sight and shot capabilities. The only way that I could get through that shit was to spam the smoke grenades to bring the frame rate to a crawl, and then hide out in the bunker, and force the AI to funnel itself towards me.

Sorry, for the language, but that part still makes me angry when I think about it.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

All of the desert levels on COD2 pissed me off. Every enemy being a sniper, and most of them had mp-40, is just frustrating.

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

ME2 and ME3 released for N7 day, everyone needs to play these (especially ME2).
    story takes a dive in ME3 but that co-op mode
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

RM
    RM is online now Member

Never played ME3. I played 2 several times and loved it. Hearing how pissed off people were at the release of 3, I just decided to skip it. Then the endings got completely spoiled and my love for the series basically died.

Hope they can manage to make a new series off that universe though. Andromeda is one of the few new games I'm interested in.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Never played ME3. I played 2 several times and loved it. Hearing how pissed off people were at the release of 3, I just decided to skip it. Then the endings got completely spoiled and my love for the series basically died.

Hope they can manage to make a new series off that universe though. Andromeda is one of the few new games I'm interested in.
    They alleviated some of the issues with the ending by updating it, as well as adding some extra DLC that gives a bit more to fans, but it's a bizarre case of the game only truly feeling "worth it" once the extras came out.

Hopefully they've also been paying attention to Witcher III and how CD Projekt handled exploration and side-quests in an open world format. I thought Dragon Age: Inquisition was pretty good for the time, but Witcher III has basically set new standards for how it's done.

hdinred is online now Member

Some X360 games are getting Xbox One X enhancements..

Microsoft’s Xbox backwards compatibility team is adding Xbox One X-specific enhancements to four high-profile Xbox 360 games that are already playable on Xbox One: Halo 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Assassin’s Creed. All four updates will be available for free to anyone who owns the game on November 7, the same day the Xbox One X launches.

Some titles now have 10-bit color depth unlocked where they previously had 8-bit, others have HDR lighting enabled, and all have nine times the on-screen pixels.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...-enhancements/
    Pretty cool fan service.. never did finish the first AC, maybe I'll go back to it, sometime in the future.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

i'd certainly give Halo 3 (the best one) another play-through. the others in that list would be better on an PC.

thought i saw 'Black' was going to also be a playable OG Xbox game, would be nice if all titles get the above treatment
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    Some X360 games are getting Xbox One X enhancements..

Pretty cool fan service.. never did finish the first AC, maybe I'll go back to it, sometime in the future.
    That's pretty cool. If that became the norm it would be a definite boon. Still wish you didn't have to download emulated versions and it was just a fire and forget thing. I really miss having a game machine that just played all the old games.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    i'd certainly give Halo 3 (the best one) another play-through. the others in that list would be better on an PC.

thought i saw 'Black' was going to also be a playable OG Xbox game, would be nice if all titles get the above treatment
    I must be psychic
    http://twitter.com/majornelson/statu...19372041129984
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast