Street Fighter V seemingly confirmed as PS4 console exclusive - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Default Street Fighter V seemingly confirmed as PS4 console exclusive

Shoryuken!

Quote:
One of PlayStation Experience's announcements has arrived a little early, as Capcom today posted a teaser trailer for Street Fighter V, coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 and PC.

The above teaser trailer was posted to Capcom's YouTube channel this morning. We already know that Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono is in Las Vegas for PlayStation Experience, and now it appears we know why.

According to prior comments from Ono, Street Fighter V is still in the early stages of development. He also assures fans that the fighting game will not be "pay-to-win."

The most recent core Street Fighter game was 2009's Street Fighter IV for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Link
Old 12-05-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
Shoryuken!

Link
Is Street Fighter still that big? Not real sure on why Sony went with a new Street Fighter as an exclusive, I havent cared about Street Figther for years, in fact most fighting games get boring super fast. Only ones I care about anymore are the games from NetherRealm, the last MK was awesome and so was Injustice, never thought such a great story line could be put into a fighting game, so in that regard I'm guessing Street Fighter will suck yet again
Old 12-05-2014, 08:23 AM

Meh, KI be king now.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Is Street Fighter still that big?
According to Wikipedia the various iterations of SFIV sold a total of 8 million copies which isn't shabby.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Watcher of stances

"timed" exclusive?
Old 12-05-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
"timed" exclusive?
Possibly but it doesn't have the usual indicators of that. There's no 'only on blah blah THIS FALL' and why release on PC as well if it's a timed exclusive?

Old 12-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Watcher of stances

seems real then, i'm actually surprised Sony is willing to throw money around for exclusives like MS is.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:15 AM

Aren't there like 20 versions of SF4? So first version exclusive or all? So I'm saying there's a chance.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:26 AM

Rumor has it that's likely to "premiere" tonight at the Game Awards thing.

It's odd that MS has no announcement at the TGA show tonight, yet Sony's expected to segue a few from the Game Awards to the PSX tonight/tomorrow. I know Geoff's connected, but it's kind of a dick move to basically use that thing as a trojan horse for PS4 exclusive announcements to XBONE/Wii U/Steam owners who will stream it on their respective platforms.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
Aren't there like 20 versions of SF4? So first version exclusive or all? So I'm saying there's a chance.
That made me chuckle. Now I imagine an exclusivity agreement in which Sony's lawyers are trying to think of all possible names/versions/guises under which Capcom will eventually release Street Fighter V.

Capcom manager to underling: "Minion-san, does it say Super Street Fighter V Ultra HD Turbo Remix? No? Good."