Killzone 2 coming February 2008? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 AM
HarakoMeshi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,599
Default Killzone 2 coming February 2008?

I was just looking at IGN's PS3 release schedule and they have Killzone 2 pencilled in for February 2008, as well as LittleBigPlanet and MGS4 in March. That would be awesome if K2 will be ready so soon.

http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Gnome's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,051
Default

This doesn't surprise me actually, even with the lack of info on the game I think its entirely possible it will be out by then, considering they have been in production now for over 2 years.

I was under the impression LittleBigPlanet was coming in 4th quarter 07, its disappointing to hear they delayed that. MGS4 was mentioned as coming in 1st quarter 08 at Sony's PC.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,542
Default

The samrt thing to do would be to release this game fall 08'. Very few games sell well, despite how good the game may be, outside of the holiday season...Sony has too many AAA games droping at the worst time of year, right after Xmas.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Gnome's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,051
Default

Actually the Spring is a decent time to release titles as well, as long as it's not in January. Throughout the Spring you see a steady increase in both Hardware and Software sales from Jan-May, and then they drop off for the Summer.

Spring is also historically a time when many console's have a price drop.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,173
Default

A really good game can sell really well when released in the Spring. Look at Gears and Dead Rising, for example.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmSpinalTap View Post
A really good game can sell really well when released in the Spring. Look at Gears and Dead Rising, for example.
Gears was released in November. It was the big MS holiday title last Xmas.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:59 PM
RedRedSuit's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,778
Default

There is no release date for Killzone 2. IGN does the best it can with fiscal year guesses.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
I was under the impression LittleBigPlanet was coming in 4th quarter 07, its disappointing to hear they delayed that.
When it was first shown at GDC they said it's coming in 2008 to begin with...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 PM
HarakoMeshi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 11 View Post
The samrt thing to do would be to release this game fall 08'. Very few games sell well, despite how good the game may be, outside of the holiday season...Sony has too many AAA games droping at the worst time of year, right after Xmas.
Summer is the worst time, but Q1 is can be good since people have gift money to spend. Some games will sell well any time of the year. I know some games that were delayed to Q1 2008 just because the 2007 holiday lineup is already very strong, there's a lot of competition.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
Summer is the worst time, but Q1 is can be good since people have gift money to spend. Some games will sell well any time of the year. I know some games that were delayed to Q1 2008 just because the 2007 holiday lineup is already very strong, there's a lot of competition.
Of course, but in general its a bad time to sell.

And with the PS3, it isnt one AAA game being released after the holidays to break up the crowding, its ALL of their AAA games dropping early to mid 08'. That doesn't seem smart with the line-up the 360 has this winter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Killzone 3 going to sell more copies then Killzone 2 bbc20000 Game Room 18 07-30-2010 01:53 PM
Killzone 2 E3 2005 vs Playstation Day 2008 daparky Gaming Smackdown 21 05-10-2008 07:17 AM
Killzone 2 dated February 2009 Master X Gaming Smackdown 104 05-09-2008 03:06 AM
Killzone 2 Being Rushed for 2008, Yes? No? Master X Gaming Smackdown 14 01-22-2008 01:51 AM
Killzone E3 2005 vs Killzone E3 2007 (vid) illegalprelude Blu-ray and Video Game Consoles 0 07-13-2007 06:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off