Will MS' next console be faulty too? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-13-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Will MS' next console be faulty too?

After all the hardware issues with the 360 you'd thin they would have fixed them almost permanently by now, but they haven't.

In only 2-3 years it's reasonable to thin that the next version of the XBOX will be out. One wonders how the hardware on their future consoles will be after the 360 fiasco.

What do you guys think MS will deliver with their next machine; a faulty piece of hardware once again, a rock solid stable machine, or something in between.

I don't think MS wants to ever have to pay $1,000,000,000+ for repairing faulty hardware again.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Banned

Launch 360 here. No problem at all.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone crusher View Post
After all the hardware issues with the 360 you'd thin they would have fixed them almost permanently by now, but they haven't.

In only 2-3 years it's reasonable to thin that the next version of the XBOX will be out. One wonders how the hardware on their future consoles will be after the 360 fiasco.

What do you guys think MS will deliver with their next machine; a faulty piece of hardware once again, a rock solid stable machine, or something in between.

I don't think MS wants to ever have to pay $1,000,000,000+ for repairing faulty hardware again.
Maybe they will do what Sony did...to make up for the faulty PS2 they spent all of their R&D money on making a system that didnt junk out when you watched DVDs on it...but they forgot you need games to play on it and when they realized that they then shifted focus on losing exclusives, having inferior graphics to the competition (even on games ported from their system) and finished by spending the last bit of cash they had left on false hype about the uber-magical Cell processor.

But then they will come to their senses and offer a price cut to U.S. consumers, but then shaft all of Europe...

Also, they will axe rumble, only to shaft the early adopters by adding it again a year later.

They will also remove the emotion chip in favor of emulation on latter models in the U.S. and on all models shipped to the EU (Sony does love Europe apparently).
Old 07-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 11 View Post
Maybe they will do what Sony did...to make up for the faulty PS2 they spent all of their R&D money on making a system that didnt junk out when you watched DVDs on it...but they forgot you need games to play on it and when they realized that they then shifted focus on losing exclusives, having inferior graphics to the competition (even on games ported from their system) and finished by spending the last bit of cash they had left on false hype about the uber-magical Cell processor.

But then they will come to their senses and offer a price cut to U.S. consumers, but then shaft all of Europe...

Also, they will axe rumble, only to shaft the early adopters by adding it again a year later.

They will also remove the emotion chip in favor of emulation on latter models in the U.S. and on all models shipped to the EU (Sony does love Europe apparently).
I feel like I should record your posts, and then play them back every time someone says something negative about the 360.

*hits play*
Ps2 was bad too.
*pause*

Focus on the present, is that hard? Xbox 1 had problems too. Did you forget the uber sensitive laser that it had?

Facts are, Sony's hardware is getting better and Microsoft's is getting worse, again, do you have a point EVERY TIME YOU BRING IT UP? Didn't think so.

Sorry what was your other point? Europe not getting a price cut? Hrm, that's funny I could have sworn they're getting a shitload of extras packaged in with the console when they buy it over there.

Rumble? It's an extra, not a necessity, users would have preferred it so they include it.

Personally I don't care one way or the other. Rumble, no rumble, is the game cool? sure, do I REALLY need rumble? not really but it's a cool feature and I'll buy a controller when it comes out.

Weak excuse about shafting early adopters, honestly, like shafting early adopters THIS GENERATION with shoddy equipment? Both companies are working to fix things, Sony is just doing a better job and allowing their fans to play games as opposed to asking you to wait 2-4 weeks so you can get your game system back while your games collect dust.

Logan
Old 07-13-2007, 03:00 AM

Quote:

That's right, make up for a faulty PS2 (which Sony still supports by the way, can't say that for XBOX users now can I) by losing exclusives (like...), having inferior graphics to the competition (ow, I like that one...that's classic) and hyping up a so called "let me get this right" Uber-Magical Cell Processor.

Jesus...that's deep bro, a die-hard M$ VP couldn't have crapped it better.

Your tireless rhetoric is old, and quite useless really. Your PS2 opinions are pure random thought, and no fact. And to be honest, why even bring up a Ps2 in a next-generation conversation? It really holds no weight...but keep beating that dead-horse if that's all you have.

Shafting Europe...yes, we've had this discussion. 115BP = $233 some odd dollars, still a great deal...but like I said, if it's all you got...why not.

Axe rumble and shafting early adopters...well, what's the price of an extra controller, compared to an entire system? Eh, to each their own...

And to the "emotion chip" for backwards compatibility...you really need to do your research. That's released through a system update, instead of having the extra chip. Will the new 80GB still be backwards compatible...yes, so what were you saying again?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedeath View Post
I feel like I should record your posts, and then play them back every time someone says something negative about the 360.

*hits play*
Ps2 was bad too.
*pause*

Focus on the present, is that hard? Xbox 1 had problems too. Did you forget the uber sensitive laser that it had?

Facts are, Sony's hardware is getting better and Microsoft's is getting worse, again, do you have a point EVERY TIME YOU BRING IT UP? Didn't think so.

Sorry what was your other point? Europe not getting a price cut? Hrm, that's funny I could have sworn they're getting a shitload of extras packaged in with the console when they buy it over there.

Rumble? It's an extra, not a necessity, users would have preferred it so they include it.

Personally I don't care one way or the other. Rumble, no rumble, is the game cool? sure, do I REALLY need rumble? not really but it's a cool feature and I'll buy a controller when it comes out.

Weak excuse about shafting early adopters, honestly, like shafting early adopters THIS GENERATION with shoddy equipment? Both companies are working to fix things, Sony is just doing a better job and allowing their fans to play games as opposed to asking you to wait 2-4 weeks so you can get your game system back while your games collect dust.

Logan
Except people do care about rumble, except people would rather pay less than get freebies, except MS isnt shafting anyone, they are actually taking care of each and every person (the warrranty is retro-active) that has, or may have problems with the 360. Shaft would be ignoring the problem and then doing nothing about it...

And if you want to talk about the now...your machine of choice is in dead last...and has been since launch. Right now your console of choice doesnt have any system selling games till 2008 or the elusive TBA.

Right now you have a $600 paper weight that can play BDs as a bonus and is getting its arse handed to itself by a glorified Gamecube that geriatrics can play...
Old 07-13-2007, 03:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatronSaint View Post
And to the "emotion chip" for backwards compatibility...you really need to do your research. That's released through a system update, instead of having the extra chip. Will the new 80GB still be backwards compatible...yes, so what were you saying again?
V11, no worries amigo, I got this one!

*hits play*
PS2 was bad too!
*stop*

Logan
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Except people do care about rumble, except people would rather pay less than get freebies, except MS isnt shafting anyone, they are actually taking care of each and every person (the warrranty is retro-active) that has, or may have problems with the 360. Shaft would be ignoring the problem and then doing nothing about it...
What happens when all of those people who buy it and it craps out because of other reasons but the RRoD?

I've heard of many other problems than the RRoD with the Breakdown360. And the 3 year warranty just covers that.

It's the weakest excuse for "taking care of each and every person" that I've ever seen.

What happens when that 3 year warranty ends? Furthermore you shouldn't need a 3 year warranty on any piece of technical equipment, I don't care what it is. Do you get a 3 year warranty on a television? no, because it's assumed that the manufacturers know at least the bare basics of putting together tech and it should last at least 3-5 years.

Again with the ignoring it thing, are you subtly implying stuff about the Ps2 again or are you pointing in the direction of the 360 earlier in the year when Microsoft ignored the problem until European repair facilities stopped taking them and people en-masse started to have breakdowns because of Forza Motorsports?

Quote:
And if you want to talk about the now...your machine of choice is in dead last...and has been since launch. Right now your console of choice doesnt have any system selling games till 2008 or the elusive TBA.
By the looks of Amazon it doesn't really need them at the moment, nice try though.

Quote:
Right now you have a $600 paper weight that can play BDs as a bonus and is getting its arse handed to itself by a glorified Gamecube that geriatrics can play...
My paperweight plays games just fine, but then again, it actually PLAYS games without exploding 30% of the time.

Nice attempt though, was the Gamecube crack a really bad nervous twitch because the 360's lead is getting gobbled up by the Wii by the minute?

Logan
Old 07-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedeath View Post
What happens when all of those people who buy it and it craps out because of other reasons but the RRoD?

I've heard of many other problems than the RRoD with the Breakdown360. And the 3 year warranty just covers that.

It's the weakest excuse for "taking care of each and every person" that I've ever seen.

What happens when that 3 year warranty ends? Furthermore you shouldn't need a 3 year warranty on any piece of technical equipment, I don't care what it is. Do you get a 3 year warranty on a television? no, because it's assumed that the manufacturers know at least the bare basics of putting together tech and it should last at least 3-5 years.

Again with the ignoring it thing, are you subtly implying stuff about the Ps2 again or are you pointing in the direction of the 360 earlier in the year when Microsoft ignored the problem until European repair facilities stopped taking them and people en-masse started to have breakdowns because of Forza Motorsports?

By the looks of Amazon it doesn't really need them at the moment, nice try though.

My paperweight plays games just fine, but then again, it actually PLAYS games without exploding 30% of the time.

Nice attempt though, was the Gamecube crack a really bad nervous twitch because the 360's lead is getting gobbled up by the Wii by the minute?

Logan
I love you.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
I love you.
woah! easy there!

don't blame me cuz I have a sweet ass, I CAN'T HELP IT!

Logan