XBox One BC - The my console has BC and yours is just backwards thread of smack - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
Backwards compatibility is still just a “nice to have” for me, but I will say in digging though my old 360 games to find ones to test, I did see a lot of games I wanted to play again. I would totally give Red Dead another spin if made compatible.

A few years ago, under Mattrick, it seems MS would have been the ones to come up with an overcomplicated stream from cloud, pay again solution and Sony would have been the ones to just make it work. Nice to see the roles reversed!
I need to finish up Star Wars Force Unleashed 2! The boys will love watching that one.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
I need to finish up Star Wars Force Unleashed 2! The boys will love watching that one.
It's only 4 hours long.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
I finished it.. game was a victim of big troubles at LucasArts, but I still enjoyed it.

Watched more Battlefront footage today... game looks amazing, I just pray DICE doesn't screw up vehicle controls like their other games!
Old 06-22-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
Xbox One BC is certainly good (primary because there's no charge) but it's likely destined to be something people clamor over but will not be used much in reality.
PS now could be a rival solution but it's completely mismanaged by Sony.

it's likely very few of the 360 games i still have in my collection will be supported, Gears of War first and foremost for obvious reasons.
I think most games will end up being supported based on how they are achieving this.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Watcher of stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I think most games will end up being supported based on how they are achieving this.
potentially, which is why are focusing efforts on getting the most demanded titles.

also, i read split-screen titles won't work? hoping this was inaccurate or i can't surprise my wife with playing some OG lego batman (not that 2,261 votes is helping my cause).
noticed some of my other titles are not looking good either, condemned at 2,286 votes.
blacksite area 51 at 157 votes
Old 06-22-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
potentially, which is why are focusing efforts on getting the most demanded titles.

also, i read split-screen titles won't work? hoping this was inaccurate or i can't surprise my wife with playing some OG lego batman (not that 2,261 votes is helping my cause).
noticed some of my other titles are not looking good either, condemned at 2,286 votes.
blacksite area 51 at 157 votes
I haven't read anything about split screen not working. Just that games that used Kinect (trash) and other USB peripherals (Rock Band, Guitar Hero) would not work.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Xbox One BC is certainly good (primary because there's no charge) but it's likely destined to be something people clamor over but will not be used much in reality.
PS now could be a rival solution but it's completely mismanaged by Sony.

it's likely very few of the 360 games i still have in my collection will be supported, Gears of War first and foremost for obvious reasons.
The main reason for B/C is so kids can trade in their old systems, and get a new one while keeping their games.

I imagine MS will keep that trade in deal, where you get $100 towards an Xbox One with the trade in of a 360 deal going through the holiday because of this. Gamestop will also probably have something, like offering you $12.50 plus a year of game informer, and Best Buy has their deal as well.

I still have my 360 hooked up, but it would be nice to be able to unhook it knowing there are a few games I still want to go back and finish (Fallout NV, Majin, Hitman, ect.). So it's also good for cable/system management.

It's also good for digital games, because the 360's HDD is pretty limited in space. I have a 320g, and it's pretty full. The GwG games take up quite a bit of space, and I'd like to be able to move all those over to my 5t external.

From the FAQ they plan to have ~100 at launch, with "hundreds every month," so hopefully most of my library will be playable.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I haven't read anything about split screen not working. Just that games that used Kinect (trash) and other USB peripherals (Rock Band, Guitar Hero) would not work.
I haven't heard anything about split screen. The games are supposed to work just as they did on 360, so I don't see why they wouldn't work. I think the only split-screen game on the preview is Perfect Dark. I can try the split screen out later tonight and let you know.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
The main reason for B/C is so kids can trade in their old systems, and get a new one while keeping their games.

I imagine MS will keep that trade in deal, where you get $100 towards an Xbox One with the trade in of a 360 deal going through the holiday because of this. Gamestop will also probably have something, like offering you $12.50 plus a year of game informer, and Best Buy has their deal as well.

I still have my 360 hooked up, but it would be nice to be able to unhook it knowing there are a few games I still want to go back and finish (Fallout NV, Majin, Hitman, ect.). So it's also good for cable/system management.

It's also good for digital games, because the 360's HDD is pretty limited in space. I have a 320g, and it's pretty full. The GwG games take up quite a bit of space, and I'd like to be able to move all those over to my 5t external.

From the FAQ they plan to have ~100 at launch, with "hundreds every month," so hopefully most of my library will be playable.
My question is, they've been just about as guilty as Sony with the prolific high-profile game remakes (Master Chief Collection, now Gears etc.) and these are the main games that most people will want. If you're MS, or a publisher of a big MS exclusive, do you allow BC for your game or hold out so you can sell an HD remaster for $40? I know which I'd choose.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
My question is, they've been just about as guilty as Sony with the prolific high-profile game remakes (Master Chief Collection, now Gears etc.) and these are the main games that most people will want. If you're MS, or a publisher of a big MS exclusive, do you allow BC for your game or hold out so you can sell an HD remaster for $40? I know which I'd choose.
Depends. An online game like Gears, the HD remaster is a much better experience than the original. I can see them adding that. DmC, Sleeping Dogs, ect. that aren't really doing much in their remasters would probably tell them to hold off until their remaster is released to add B/C.