Whats your favourite piece of anti Sony FUD? - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Whats you favourite piece of anti PS3 FUD?
You won't be able to buy or sell second hand games!!!!! 5 12.50%
The PS3 uses twice as much power as the 360!!!!! 2 5.00%
It will be left with a useless drive because HD-DVD is guaranteed to win!!!! 17 42.50%
The PlayStation Network is laggy!!!! 5 12.50%
PS3 games will cost nearly $100!!!! 5 12.50%
Other (please state below) 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
how can heavenly sword AI be superb? It's hack and slash mayhem. I didn't think that was possible. NGS, again NG has always been hard, but the AI's actions in hack and slash games have never been known to be renowned, it's just a genre where AI is hard to screw up.

Uncharted I don't see the AI being anything special or a strong point, unless we're talking break dancing ability while you're firing at them.
Heavenly Sword...the battalions of soldiers Nariko has to fight.
Uncharted...The "break dancing ability" and flanking.
NGS...all opponents. The point is it STAYED hard. It didn't get any easier. If the Cell wasn't capable of good AI, NGS would have gotten easier, right?

But, let's say you are right about "hack and slash" games. That would make Rainbox Six Vegas look that much worse.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 PM

Neither HS nor NGS had impressive AI. NGS was hard because of the number of enemies and how hard they hit you.

Uncharted was good, in that they didn't do anything retarded.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
Heavenly Sword...the battalions of soldiers Nariko has to fight.
Uncharted...The "break dancing ability" and flanking.
NGS...all opponents. The point is it STAYED hard. It didn't get any easier. If the Cell wasn't capable of good AI, NGS would have gotten easier, right?

But, let's say you are right about "hack and slash" games. That would make Rainbox Six Vegas look that much worse.
Hey i'm not backing this guys arguement, i'm just saying it's not really fanboy fud, it's a developers opinion.

I'm certainly not saying it's not capable, all's i'm saying is more effort probably goes into the process especially early on when sony's dev kits were shit. How do I know they were? They've been on record apologizing and releasing better tools.

Of course the ps3 is just as capable if not more than any machine. But try telling that to a dev when you look at something and say ok to do this it'll take x amount of time and this much $$$ as opposed to doing it over here.

That's when you likely see short cuts taken and 30fps madden on the ps3. It's not because 60 was impossible, probably just too many roadblocks.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:02 AM

Definetely the "no good games on PS3" bullshit. IMO the PS3's upcoming lineup, and exclusive franchises kill the 360's.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:55 PM

True there's been a good amount of anti PS3 fud, but lets not forget the "Xbox1.5" and "Wii gimmick" fud as well

All sides are guilty of it, but for the sake of the thread I agree the "no good PS3 games argument is as old as dirt"
Old 05-03-2008, 09:06 PM

This here is why I am debating trading in my ps3, someone starts a thread about sony lies, now the little sonyites have to come back and make one. I think the free online is attracting the kids. I mean was this really necessary, I mean, I was just ignoring the guys post about sony lies, who cares all large corporations lie. The sonyites around here are taking anti-sony comments way to far, people need to grow up.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIBALNATION View Post
This here is why I am debating trading in my ps3, someone starts a thread about sony lies, now the little sonyites have to come back and make one. I think the free online is attracting the kids. I mean was this really necessary, I mean, I was just ignoring the guys post about sony lies, who cares all large corporations lie. The sonyites around here are taking anti-sony comments way to far, people need to grow up.
Sony fanboys suck, I'm such an adult, you are all kids, the PS3 sucks, I'm not a fanboy.

Classic Phibal post.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendonL View Post
Sony fanboys suck, I'm such an adult, you are all kids, the PS3 sucks, I'm not a fanboy.

Classic Phibal post.
No fanboy here and where did I mention sony sucks, I didn't I just think some of the sonyites around here do. I mean these guys are making me as a ps3 owner look like we need to make excuses for the ps3 all the time. Have we gotten the npd sales figures this month for games sold on each console?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIBALNATION View Post
No fanboy here and where did I mention sony sucks, I didn't I just think some of the sonyites around here do. I mean these guys are making me as a ps3 owner look like we need to make excuses for the ps3 all the time. Have we gotten the npd sales figures this month for games sold on each console?
Face it every single one of your posts is the same. Rail against Sony fanboys, talk about how you don't like the PS3, tell everyone you are an adult and everyone else needs to grow up and stop acting like kids. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendonL View Post
Face it every single one of your posts is the same. Rail against Sony fanboys, talk about how you don't like the PS3, tell everyone you are an adult and everyone else needs to grow up and stop acting like kids. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Face it, sonyites are getting carried away around here, and why in the hell would I have a ps3 and hate it, it's a great blu-ray player right now. Even if I was downing the ps3, why in the hell does it bother you so much for.