Old 08-19-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Sounds expensive!
Final Fantasy VII Remake in 4K 60 FPS 🤤
Old 08-19-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Space is where all the trouble comes in for ship navigation, especially if you're trying precision maneuvering like lining yourself up to enter a space station. When you pull up or down, without gravity the ship just SPINS. So if you're in combat... forget it, switch out to a DS controller. Fast, precise moves--at least with the initial patch--aren't feasible with Move controllers. Maybe since then they've added new settings so you can adjust the pitch/yaw sensitivity with Moves when in the ship, but when I played it on day one, it was unuseable in space.
I'm guessing this is one of the things addressed in the patch then because I have been in space a few times now...mined asteroids, landed on a space station...all with the move controllers and without any real issues. Haven't tried any combat though. Still spending most of my time on the planets.....spent about an hour of Sunday morning just walking around a large Alien lake......cresting a hill at night to see a ringed planet in a cloud covered sky......Wow This game has already delivered some amazing immersive experiences.....how anybody can play a game like this on a boring flat monitor is truly beyond me....

Yes the graphics take a major hit at the moment......but to be standing on an Alien world instead of looking through a small picture frame at one..... Stunning

Hopefully there will be a PS4 Pro patch later to boost the visuals a little.

Move controllers though I wonder if some of the issue is just how finicky they can be to set up......I used to have the camera below my TV and the AIM controller was rock solid but the move controllers had a really annoying drift that made them very hard to use......When I started playing Beat Saber I moved the camera to the top of my TV to make it better for standing games and oddly found that the move controllers were now rock solid but the AIM controller now has a really annoying drift
I haven't found a setup that will work correctly for both. It's annoying when I am used to rock solid tracking on the rift and Quest controllers.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:32 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
I'm guessing this is one of the things addressed in the patch then because I have been in space a few times now...mined asteroids, landed on a space station...all with the move controllers and without any real issues.
Could very well be. It's crazy to think that SEVEN patches have already dropped since the game updated last week.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:51 AM

Default V-R Disappoint

I tried it and like it, but it seems like Sony is unwilling to do anything for projector folkes to fix the issue with the cord of the camera to reach beyond 3m. Even if you extend it, the 3rd party cords arenít great, and only gets you 6m additional length, and is still not long enough. I ended up disconnecting mine and shelving it.

When I tried it out, I did think it was cool though. I just didnít get too into it due to the technical issues. I just wish Sony did a better job supporting their products and didnít use proprietary formats for plugs and cables.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:21 PM

No Mans Sky got a patch to improve visuals on PSVR. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet (Borderlands 3 is taking any free time I have ) but people are saying it does make a noticeable difference. This is a general PS4 patch so hopefully they will also be releasing a PS4 Pro patch at some point to make that look even better