Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality - Page 525 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-09-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
$40 VR experience...

Technically, it's $340.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
Sounds pretty awful to be honest..
Seems more like a Nintendo viewmaster than a serious attempt at VR
Old 03-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
I agree that my comment sounded more like this then I intended. My point, in context, was that the full game not being VR easily throws it into the Xbox column for me. Also, I bought the game before any digital foundry stuff, picking the XBX version is generally an easy choice.

Anyway, I like having the most powerful console and I like having the best BC implementation and indications are that will continue into next gen.. so yeah, in terms of adding games to my collection, those factor in.. more common sense than fanboyism.
Props for self-awareness and even admitting a modicum of fault. No more from me.

I think I might be... what’s the word... “good” st AC7 online. It’s been about 10 years I could say that about any game. Pretty odd feeling.

Still haven’t unlocked all planes though. Kids swamping TV due to VR.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:01 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
Still haven’t unlocked all planes though. Kids swamping TV due to VR.
I only unlocked one extra plane in AC7 VR. I went back to give No Man's Sky a retry.

It's... GOOD?!? There have apparently been so many patches since the game came out that it now actually resembles the original trailer, AND MORE. Base building, vehicles, online component where you can meet other explorers, being a pirate, or a freight hauler, or even a miner...

I guess in a way, it turned itself in Elite: Dangerous.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
Seems more like a Nintendo viewmaster than a serious attempt at VR
Gear VR?

——————//

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:52 PM

You should fly F-22 in VR though. Needs 10 mission completions on any mix of difficulties.

Like everything else in VR mode the subtleties of differences between planes shine 5x more in VR. Hence F-22 feels soooo nice. Even nice LCDs (though made up because that’s classified).
Old 03-12-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I only unlocked one extra plane in AC7 VR. I went back to give No Man's Sky a retry.

It's... GOOD?!? There have apparently been so many patches since the game came out that it now actually resembles the original trailer, AND MORE. Base building, vehicles, online component where you can meet other explorers, being a pirate, or a freight hauler, or even a miner...

I guess in a way, it turned itself in Elite: Dangerous.
I actually recently reinstalled No Man Sky, looking forward to exploring some evil planets
Old 03-12-2019, 03:35 PM

Pretty interesting article on the evolution of NMS for anyone interested:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...ment-interview
Old 03-13-2019, 05:50 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Pretty interesting article on the evolution of NMS for anyone interested:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...ment-interview
Thanks for the link. Sobering article. When you're sending death threats to a dev because you didn't get your butterflies and you saw them in the trailer that's... maybe the game is not the problem...
Old 03-17-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Yeah, true, but I think Red's initial instinct is right. The Move controllers are not super accurate for this game, and, depending on the placement of the PlayStation Eye Camera, it can lose tracking on the controllers a little, or a lot. This just seems to be specific to Superhot VR, though, like the tracking on Beat Saber is actually rock solid 90% of the time, but on Superhot, for me personally, it's more like 60% accurate tracking.

I'd say Oculus with its more comprehensive tracking, is probably the better pick for this one.
Just finished Superhot PSVR. Maybe I got lucky but the tracking was very solid for the entire game for me. The only time I had any issue was when I lifted my hands well above my head and outside the play area when obviously it couldn't track properly. Pretty sure that would have been an issue on any of the platforms. Although I still agree that this is going to be better on the Oculus I was just glad to see that it worked perfectly well on PSVR with the move controllers.

Also.....damn it's a great game. Absolutely nails the feeling of being Neo in the Matrix