Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-18-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
@James. I don't think hololens is VR, but it should be pretty cool too.
That post was meant to convey that I'm more interested in VR than AR (HoloLens). I shouldn't have used the word other. But, I agree, HoloLens does look interesting. I was pretty impressed with that holographic Minecraft presentation they did because it opened the door to my imagination on the potential of this technology.

Prior to that, the demos I saw looked more appropriate for disco parties.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Banned

Really? I'll be able to find tons of post that RRS and Twonun were excited about Kinect? Interesting. And now I don't get to play that card? Why's that.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:32 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Prior to that, the demos I saw looked more appropriate for disco parties.
With the right design and smooth coding, an AR horror game could be brilliant. Or traumatic. The idea of your own home being the place where ghost/killer/killer ghost is out to get you exploits a pretty low level, instinctive fear.

But yeah, as a demonstration of the Star Wars Holo-Chess concept, AR does quite well with that. Imagine playing an RTS with a friend that way at your dinner table. Or this, just without the shock therapy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0355pD08lY
Old 12-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned

To be honest.. I still want that Fortazela thing or whatever it was called. I should find that thread with that in there.. See how excited twonun and RRS were for that product. I'm sure they didn't make fun of it or anything because they were excited for "Natal"

Lol.. fucking amazing! Hahahahaha
Old 12-18-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
To be honest.. I still want that Fortazela thing or whatever it was called. I should find that thread with that in there.. See how excited twonun and RRS were for that product. I'm sure they didn't make fun of it or anything because they were excited for "Natal"

Lol.. fucking amazing! Hahahahaha
We were indeed publicly and repeatedly excited about Natal (at the same time that most non-Xbots were dimissing it). My only criticism of Natal (and later Kinect), until release, was that (1) Milo was smoke-screen bullshit (I turned out to be right), and (2) didn't seem suitable for free 3D movement (I turned out to be right). Other than I, many times, said I was excited for it.

I don't know what the rest of your post is supposed to mean. It's really incoherent, since it doesn't make any specific criticism and is just full of vagueness and the same meaningless exclamations most of your posts contain (which means they have no power, since you always use them).
Old 12-18-2015, 05:17 PM

I think he's referring to that display thing that MS was working on. That stupid idea of displaying the screen past the point of your TV. Maybe? That thing I wasn't excited about because it seemed like a projector that wasn't aligned with the screen properly and it would spill out onto your furniture.

Other than that, I like most new types of tech if it shown to offer a new experience. It still puts most of the burden on software to prove its worth though.

I don't tend to favor one company's output over another. I hold them all to the same standards of "If it's neat, it's neat." You'll have my attention until I get to actually use it. I won't judge it until then.

I promote VR a lot because I've used it. I had access to the Oculus 2.0. It's a pretty great device.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Really? I'll be able to find tons of post that RRS and Twonun were excited about Kinect? Interesting. And now I don't get to play that card? Why's that.
Well, seeing that I was on the 360 side of the fence last generation....

Old 12-18-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I think he's referring to that display thing that MS was working on.

Previously called "IllumiRoom":

Microsoft’s ‘RoomAlive’ transforms any room into a giant Xbox game

Still looks dumb. Maybe if arcades still existed it could be a neat concept, but not in modern living rooms.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
Previously called "IllumiRoom":

Microsoft’s ‘RoomAlive’ transforms any room into a giant Xbox game

Still looks dumb. Maybe if arcades still existed it could be a neat concept, but not in modern living rooms.
It just reminds me of those light projectors that I remember kids having when I was a kid.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm excited for all new things.

Quote:
I think he's referring to that display thing that MS was working on. That stupid idea of displaying the screen past the point of your TV. Maybe? That thing I wasn't excited about
Game.... Set.... Match.

I have been owning SDF this past week. Must be the Force!