Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality - Page 103 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
I'd like you to show me where Move is in Sony's official PSVR trailer:

http://youtu.be/Hga2XN4eASA
Wait, launching in the first half of 2016? Pretty cool if true.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
You want me to go back to the past decade and quote everyone who has ever spoken negatively, repeatedly, against the wii and kinect?????
LMAO
I think he would be more than happy for you to provide just one quote for now.

You are suggesting that there is a double standard from posters on this site. OK....so show us the double standard....however, you have to do it by showing actual quotes that people have made...not just some vague "everybody was saying this" with nothing to back it up.

For example.....you will find quotes from me that are very dismissive of Wii and Kinect and waggle games....so find one of them, then find a quote of me gushing abour waggle games on the PSVR and you will have shown a double standard.....easy, right?

Except you wont find any quotes of me gushing about waggle games on the PSVR because I'm consistent in my stance on those.....you will find quotes of me being very positive about PSVR when it comes to racing games or games like Elite Dangerous which I think have to potential to be fantastic with PSVR.....but I can show you quotes where I was just as positive about Forza head tracking with Kinect......so again a consistent position...no double standard.

You really need the quotes to make your case.

Mich and Badger are complete none starters for you since they have been dismissive of Wii, Kinect and PSVR.....again, consistent positions.

It's no good for you to say "well, a couple of PSVR games use Move so if you support PSVR you are supporting Move". As I have shown it will be possible to use PSVR in games like Project Cars, GT Sport, Elite Dangerous and never once touch a Move controller......so liking some aspects of PSVR does not equate to supporting Move.

Just find a quote of somebody who trashed waggle games on Kinect and Wii but it supporting waggle games on PSVR.....you seem very confident that lots of people have been doing this so they should be easy enough to link some quotes. If you cant find any quotes to back up your claim then the only conclusion is that your claim has no merit.

It's put up or shut up I'm afraid......if you cant provide quotes for your position there is no reason for anybody to believe you.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
That's what they've been saying for a little while but given no price and lack of details, I'm starting to feel this is getting pushed to a later 2016 release. September with a PS4 hardware redesign is something I pulled out of my ass that I can imagine.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-10-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Indy for one. Talked shit about Natal/Kinect from the beginning and is all hyped for PSVR!
BOOOM!
I did, and I still do. It's hot garbage, but I stated my reasoning for why I talked shit about Kinect/Natal early on, and "durrr, it tracks stuff!" was not one of them. It was inefficient, ill-conceived, it was sold as a straight-up lie to consumers from day-one thanks to stuff like Milo and SW: Kinect.

The only thing ANYONE could accuse me of is "hypocrisy" over not liking one piece of "new tech" while liking another piece of "new tech", which isn't actually hypocrisy.

1. I've been "hyped" for VR in general. Not just PSVR.
2. I was initially negative on the PSVR news and preferred Oculus over it.
3. Oculus is $600 on top of the cost of a new PC.

I love the Surface Pro, but I fucking HATE the iPad Pro/the Apple Pencil and that shitty new Mac laptop Apple put out that only had a USB-C plug- at the same time, I think Windows Phones are hot garbage while I also love Android devices.

So on the one hand: I love an MS device, while I also hate another MS device? I love some new bit of tech while hating other new bits of tech? The accusations of hypocrisy being lobbed at me are baseless.

My disdain for Kinect/Wii had justified reasoning, and I also wasn't a massive proponent of the Move either. I bought one only after it had gone on sale, 3 years after it came out. I was never a big proponent for "waggle" and I'm still not.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
Yeahhh, but I don't see that happening. We still don't have an actual date or a price.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Looks like HDD's ultra elitist is still rattled

Guess it happens when you imagine the possibilities!!
All I'm doing is skipping past the arguing. The point of arguing is to show you wrong, and it's been done, and recently, by me (I did so yet again as recently as yesterday -- no response, but even if there were a response, it'd just be stupid), and by others, and it will continue. It shows your wrongness, but after a certain point everyone already knows the conclusion: you can't think, can't remember, you're ignorant of facts, you lie regularly, and the only reason you post is revenge against those that have shown these factual personal characteristics of yours again and again.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
I didn't mention one thing about the argument of whether PSVR heavily features Move or not. That's not what I asked for. I remember the mottos about Kinect, I remember the arguments about Kinect, what I'm asking for is a few posts talking trash about Kinect/Wii and said same posters now going all in in the PSVR train.

If you already provided them earlier this week, then if someone could grab them for me and lay it out, that would be nice because I can't profess to reading every post in this thread with intense interest. Should be easy if the evidence was already gathered.
Either folks are imagining the possibilities and getting all excited over psvr or not saying a single word over it with motion. Most folks who were so god damn vocal against motion, against kinect, against wii, are completely MIA now not saying a single word OR attempting to break the connection psvr has with motion. And that is the point. Psvr is cool without motion, but the system is hella tied to it.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Either folks are imagining the possibilities and getting all excited over psvr or not saying a single word over it with motion. Most folks who were so god damn vocal against motion, against kinect, against wii, are completely MIA now not saying a single word OR attempting to break the connection psvr has with motion. And that is the point. Psvr is cool without motion, but the system is hella tied to it.
Tell me more about the 'most folks.'

Can I get a list? Does the MIA list include Well Informed?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-10-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
All I'm doing is skipping past the arguing. The point of arguing is to show you wrong, and it's been done, and recently, by me (I did so yet again as recently as yesterday -- no response, but even if there were a response, it'd just be stupid), and by others, and it will continue. It shows your wrongness, but after a certain point everyone already knows the conclusion: you can't think, can't remember, you're ignorant of facts, you lie regularly, and the only reason you post is revenge against those that have shown these factual personal characteristics of yours again and again.
At this point I have to believe he can't read and his guardian is paraphrasing the posts to him, it's the only sane reasoning for his behavior.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
This is not how making accusations work. There is no diversion, either put up or shut up. Where's the evidence?

Where's the evidence? Red showed his, Badger also has his, so does mich... where's yours?

Evidence or shut up.

This is an actual diversion. You made the argument, either own up to your accusations and provide evidence of people's hypocrisy or move along.

No, they're asking you to quote the people you directly accused of it. "But I didn't!" isn't a good defense. You did, and now you're trying to divert your failed argument back onto he people you accused. You've shown no evidence to prove your accusations, you've made BASELESS ARGUMENTS that were refuted with actual evidence within hours/days of them being made. Again: Present evidence or move on.

I'd like you to show me where Move is in Sony's official PSVR trailer:

http://youtu.be/Hga2XN4eASA It's a whole minute-long trailer, so I fully expect you to forget what's in the trailer.

BTW, here's Sony's trailer for RIGS on PSVR... Do tell me where the Move is in it?

http://youtu.be/__LwvSTAbUc

How about the Battlezone trailer? Do tell me where Move is in that trailer too.

Or Sony's PSX PSVR montage? Or their PGW montage?

I'm trying to find where in any of those trailers Sony shows Move... and I just can't find it. There's plenty of PSVR, but... where's the Move? So your "patently false" argument, seems to be, well... PATENTLY FALSE.

Which is so odd, because according to the above evidence? It might actually be the norm.

Except you didn't.

PS4 has always supported Move, from day 1. You can even use a Move controller in the Playroom app.

Really? You proved this? When? What games are those?

Well fuck, you pointed out Playroom VR, based on the free app every PS4 comes with will support Move? Shit, that must mean every PS4 is a waggle machine because that's a motion-control game! ... oh wait, no that doesn't mean anything.

No it isn't.

So far, the only system "heavily tied to motion" is Vive. Which HTC/Valve openly discuss their desires to provide a full-room experience. You know, since the whole point of it is being able to walk around your room and use the laser-dildo controllers to "interact". Neither PSVR nor Move have been big proponents of "motion". They're advertised primarily as SEATED experiences-- or did you not get the part in all those PSVR trailers where they don't show you moving anything other than your head?

As a matter of fact, the only "non-seated" experience they've actively showed to the public seems to be their "The Walk" demo, which-- and, this might surprise you-- doesn't use the Move.

No, you're not. We are, you aren't. So far all you've done is try to accuse people of hypocrisy by providing NO evidence of their hypocrisy, diverted back to them when asked for evidence and made wall-o-text posts like this one about all the "proof" about your "points" that doesn't actually exist. Oh, you made one post I think where you provided one link? That's your proof... one link to something.

The lack of self-awareness in this quote is delicious.

Accusing people of "resurrecting old shit" coming from the guy who made up this whole argument to begin with when he came up with the "y'all were trashing Forza head tracking in Kinect!", makes personal attacks by calling people "cronies" and-- again, started this whole argument with false accusations that were PROVEN FALSE.

Cuco, you projected your own argument onto others. The lack of self-awareness in your statement is amazing, like... That's second only to mid's own lack of self-awareness.

1. You did lie, that's been proven.
2. You jut spelled out "lying" as 'lieing'
3. You called someone asking you for evidence of your accusations as "trying to divert" when in reality, that's par-for-the-course when it comes to an accusation-based conversation. So you're diverting by accusing someone of diverting, which makes NO SENSE.
and
4. Read '3' again, because you're trying to absolve yourself of posting any 'proof' in this very post I'm replying to.

Apparently, what you're being accused of? Seems to be pretty on-the-nose. You might want to try making a coherent argument that isn't your usual strategy. This isn't the first time you've done this, this is literally every time you try to argue with anyone.
Holy fuck, Indy is rattled...

I didnt even bother reading this massive defensive fanboy rage reply but what stood out was the video. So that I will reply... just a month ago Indy, at the Playstation Experience event, this is how PSVR was showcased to the masses in the main presser

Want me to post the video too? Or go to the other trade shows all last year? How about point to the show floor demos again?