Take-Two plans to only release games with 'recurrent consumer spending' hooks - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-10-2017, 09:10 PM
themisfit138's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 741
Default

The only DLC I bought have been expansions for Fallout 3, Oblivion, Witcher III and the likes.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,378
Default

Have not played a modern Pokemon game but in today's Best Buy ad they have Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and a 2 pack that has "both games and 100 pokeballs for each game." What happens when you run out of pokeballs? This isn't Pokemon Go, you don't trounce somewhere to get a refill.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-12-2017, 11:58 AM
thejnc's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
The only DLC I bought have been expansions for Fallout 3, Oblivion, Witcher III and the likes.
I bought the Witcher ones because of the real Gwent card packs that came with them. I have yet to use them...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Averry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,636
Default

Yeah, I mean.....We’ll see how this shakes out.

On one hand, they’ve kept games at $60 while exploring “optional” additional revenue streams.

But the fact that Season Passes for CoD are $50 means I don’t buy it, because I don’t want to be pressed with the decision to keep spending money to be up to date.

But Titanfall and Halo has free DLC but with cards and or cosmetic options. That I was cool with.

It just seems counter intuitive to count on whales, because who knows how many smaller spenders walk away. I have no clue.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-12-2017, 03:43 PM
themisfit138's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
I bought the Witcher ones because of the real Gwent card packs that came with them. I have yet to use them...
Same, they are just sitting on my games shelf.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:55 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Like PracticalDragon says, spend more time on the game and earn it, and have enjoyment doing so.
You're not paying attention. It's cute that you think it's so innocent that you feel that this is a legit option or the point.

I'll post the recent Battlefront II drama later...if I remember.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:56 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I have no idea what this means.
It's called, "Google." Do you use it?
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-13-2017, 06:05 PM
themisfit138's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I'll post the recent Battlefront II drama later...if I remember.
I must have missed this, I am interested to see.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-13-2017, 06:26 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
I must have missed this, I am interested to see.
Basically, it comes for everyone. It might not be in something you care about yet...but it will be. I've been complaining about this behavior since it was "Progression Systems." So...I'm a bit bias at this point because I've been seeing the writing on the wall for awhile and I'm sick of it. It's only going to get worse. It has been getting worse.

Sterling has a wonderful new video on the whole debacle. It's hard to feel sorry for these bastards because they sat around eating it up. I just sit here and wait for the bubble to burst. It'll burst.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-13-2017, 06:28 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averry View Post
Yeah, I mean.....We’ll see how this shakes out.

On one hand, they’ve kept games at $60 while exploring “optional” additional revenue streams.

But the fact that Season Passes for CoD are $50 means I don’t buy it, because I don’t want to be pressed with the decision to keep spending money to be up to date.

But Titanfall and Halo has free DLC but with cards and or cosmetic options. That I was cool with.

It just seems counter intuitive to count on whales, because who knows how many smaller spenders walk away. I have no clue.
Games are not $60. That's the lie. You even are almost aware within this very post. Almost there. Just step on over and join the party. You don't have to shun them like me...but you can be aware that we aren't living in a $60 game world anymore. That devs have managed to still lie about that while piecemealing out the content and inflating the investment in search for, as you say, "whales."

I've managed to keep myself in gaming through lowering my cost through PC gaming. As, I have even more freedom in the "pay what I want" to jump in. You're a bit more limited in the console spectrum to have this sort of wallet power. However, when considering the main publishers, we're all screwed and there's little to combat that, except for just bailing on it all.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Consumer Electronics Spending Hits Two Year High Landy Home Theater Gear 0 11-25-2009 10:32 AM
Consumer Home Media Spending Dips 5% in Q1 Grubert High Definition Smackdown 11 05-02-2009 05:23 PM
take 3, i take 2! u take-troy, wyatt earp, alexander revisited! i want these or B/O thatguy78 Archives 2 03-22-2009 11:05 AM
Studios: Blu-ray helped offset drops in consumer spending zombieflanders High Definition Smackdown 155 04-22-2008 09:11 AM
Blu-ray Consumer Spending to top $1 Billion in 2008 Ben High Definition Smackdown 30 02-06-2008 04:47 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off