Take-Two plans to only release games with 'recurrent consumer spending' hooks - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-10-2017, 09:10 PM

The only DLC I bought have been expansions for Fallout 3, Oblivion, Witcher III and the likes.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Have not played a modern Pokemon game but in today's Best Buy ad they have Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and a 2 pack that has "both games and 100 pokeballs for each game." What happens when you run out of pokeballs? This isn't Pokemon Go, you don't trounce somewhere to get a refill.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
The only DLC I bought have been expansions for Fallout 3, Oblivion, Witcher III and the likes.
I bought the Witcher ones because of the real Gwent card packs that came with them. I have yet to use them...
Old 11-12-2017, 12:04 PM

Yeah, I mean.....We’ll see how this shakes out.

On one hand, they’ve kept games at $60 while exploring “optional” additional revenue streams.

But the fact that Season Passes for CoD are $50 means I don’t buy it, because I don’t want to be pressed with the decision to keep spending money to be up to date.

But Titanfall and Halo has free DLC but with cards and or cosmetic options. That I was cool with.

It just seems counter intuitive to count on whales, because who knows how many smaller spenders walk away. I have no clue.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
I bought the Witcher ones because of the real Gwent card packs that came with them. I have yet to use them...
Same, they are just sitting on my games shelf.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Like PracticalDragon says, spend more time on the game and earn it, and have enjoyment doing so.
You're not paying attention. It's cute that you think it's so innocent that you feel that this is a legit option or the point.

I'll post the recent Battlefront II drama later...if I remember.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I have no idea what this means.
It's called, "Google." Do you use it?

Old 11-13-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I'll post the recent Battlefront II drama later...if I remember.
I must have missed this, I am interested to see.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
I must have missed this, I am interested to see.
Basically, it comes for everyone. It might not be in something you care about yet...but it will be. I've been complaining about this behavior since it was "Progression Systems." So...I'm a bit bias at this point because I've been seeing the writing on the wall for awhile and I'm sick of it. It's only going to get worse. It has been getting worse.

Sterling has a wonderful new video on the whole debacle. It's hard to feel sorry for these bastards because they sat around eating it up. I just sit here and wait for the bubble to burst. It'll burst.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averry View Post
Yeah, I mean.....We’ll see how this shakes out.

On one hand, they’ve kept games at $60 while exploring “optional” additional revenue streams.

But the fact that Season Passes for CoD are $50 means I don’t buy it, because I don’t want to be pressed with the decision to keep spending money to be up to date.

But Titanfall and Halo has free DLC but with cards and or cosmetic options. That I was cool with.

It just seems counter intuitive to count on whales, because who knows how many smaller spenders walk away. I have no clue.
Games are not $60. That's the lie. You even are almost aware within this very post. Almost there. Just step on over and join the party. You don't have to shun them like me...but you can be aware that we aren't living in a $60 game world anymore. That devs have managed to still lie about that while piecemealing out the content and inflating the investment in search for, as you say, "whales."

I've managed to keep myself in gaming through lowering my cost through PC gaming. As, I have even more freedom in the "pay what I want" to jump in. You're a bit more limited in the console spectrum to have this sort of wallet power. However, when considering the main publishers, we're all screwed and there's little to combat that, except for just bailing on it all.