Sony announces PS5, release date, and features - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Built my PC and I like it. I'm too lazy to plug my PC into my TV though and I do miss being able to lounge on the couch and play but the visual upgrades are nice.
Stream that shit.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
My wife has been telling me for ages that I should upgrade my PC, so maybe your warning is the sign I should heed to finally retire this thing and get something with an SSD in it.
It will be like going from Dial Up to Broadband. Once you get a taste of the speed, there is no going back.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:26 AM

Meh.. PC gaming is now divided between Steam and Epic.. EA does their own thing.. Rockstar just published their own launcher... too much hassle for me!
Old 10-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
Also curious how the PSVR will be handled on this. Will we see PS4 titles upgraded to take advantage of the greater power or just new PS5 titles.

Also hoping that there is a PSVR2 in the not to distant future that is wireless with inside out tracking. After using the Quest it's hard to go back to wired, although ironically that is exactly what the Quest is doing with Oculus Link
PSVR2 could be great.. they have a few problems to solve to make it more attractive.. wireless would be outstanding.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
Meh.. PC gaming is now divided between Steam and Epic.. EA does their own thing.. Rockstar just published their own launcher... too much hassle for me!
Sony or MS gaming, each game has their own launcher technically. It is not like you have to jump through 12 hoops to get a game to launch.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
You click the icon for the game you want to play when the system starts. All the launchers remember your UN/PW and automatically sign in when you start the game. It's no different than navigating to a game on the PlayStation menu and tapping X to start it. If you really care enough, you can add games to Steam and have it launch to big picture mode on boot.

Reliable, consistent frame rates are worth it.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
You click the icon for the game you want to play when the system starts. All the launchers remember your UN/PW and automatically sign in when you start the game. It's no different than navigating to a game on the PlayStation menu and tapping X to start it. If you really care enough, you can add games to Steam and have it launch to big picture mode on boot.

Reliable, consistent frame rates are worth it.
The new GOG launcher is also going to help consolidate everything to one place. I refuse to use Epicís store for reasons other than ďanother launcher.Ē

Then, thereís also Xbox Game Pass for PC. Which, my friend uses and swears by.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:29 AM

I have games on Battlenet, Steam, Uplay, Origin, Epic, and random one-offs like Minecraft for my son. I just let the installer put an icon on the desktop and use that to launch my game.

Sign up for these launchers is painless, they all update themselves during off hours, and I've never had any trouble with them. I use Discord for all my communication needs, so the launcher is irrelevant to me. Each service has their own sales and deals, so I go where the games are cheap.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Not really seeing the advantage of needing multiple pieces of hardware to access software vs what a PC gives you. What consoles do give you is a unified gaming experience with "generally" more stability, but it will always be more fractured than PC due to the business model.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Stream that shit.
I'll look into it.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club