Sony announces PS5, release date, and features - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-09-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I don't know how anyone else here feels, but I'm actually okay with moving to a new generation of consoles at this point. Feels like it's time.
I skipped the refreshes. So, I'm more interested in them. Yet, I hope they can convince me to purchase one instead of just investing more into my PC.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:55 PM
HDD Contributor

Yeah, for me I've never much invested in my PC. It's still running on Windows 7.

So since I'm looking to upgrade to a 4K TV anyway, may as well have something I can do with it besides watch movies.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:04 PM

Also curious how the PSVR will be handled on this. Will we see PS4 titles upgraded to take advantage of the greater power or just new PS5 titles.

Also hoping that there is a PSVR2 in the not to distant future that is wireless with inside out tracking. After using the Quest it's hard to go back to wired, although ironically that is exactly what the Quest is doing with Oculus Link

Also just for once how about you let us use the rest of our peripherals across generations again so I'm not replacing a 800 freekin dollar wheel just because there's a new console out
Old 10-09-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, for me I've never much invested in my PC. It's still running on Windows 7.

So since I'm looking to upgrade to a 4K TV anyway, may as well have something I can do with it besides watch movies.
Windows 7 is end-of-life in January, no more support, security updates, patches, etc. You should still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free (Link).
Old 10-09-2019, 04:25 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
Any time I go from playing on PC to my regular PS4, the downgrade in performance is jarring. Even just playing Minecraft with my son is like a slap in the face. I'm doing everything I can to get him switched over fully to PC at this point. 20fps with jet engine fan noise anytime we try to play co-op games is not acceptable.

If Sony can't set a new standard for higher frame rates on the PS5 (which seems impossible at this point), I don't think I'll be on board. Bloodborne and getting my son into gaming was enough of a draw last time, but I have even less time to game these days, and the PC is even more of a mainstream platform than it was back then. I haven't spent nearly as much time on my PS4 as I did the PS3, and now that I'm moving into upper management, I expect even less time to play games. What time I will have to play should be spent with the best experiences possible and that means playing on a platform with solid frame rates.

At this point, I don't see myself picking up a next gen console. Maybe if there's some killer app my son wants, but not for me.
Pfft... PC's SUCKASS. I got nothing but a blue screen of death and crashes when trying to play Spiderman or Uncharted 4 on my friends rig with a RTX 2080. Pure garbage!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:39 PM

I probably won't get the PS5 day-one. I did for the PS4 and PS3, but I just don't console game much anymore. I last booted up my PS4 a week or so after Kingdom Hearts III came out....
Old 10-09-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer1978 View Post
Pfft... PC's SUCKASS. I got nothing but a blue screen of death and crashes when trying to play Spiderman or Uncharted 4 on my friends rig with a RTX 2080. Pure garbage!
Spiderman and Uncharted 4 require a 2080 Ti noob!
Old 10-09-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:

I do think it's easier to do than ever. So, it's kinda just where you rather invest into your entertainment. A long time friend finally got back into PC gaming and finally got what I was saying with the value. It's expensive upfront, but versatility is amazing. I mean, you can get a switch like experience with an Android/Apple device using Steamlink. Also, the vast library. It's just nice.

He uses Xbox Game Pass. I don't. I probably should given my purchasing issues. HAHAHA.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:12 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Windows 7 is end-of-life in January, no more support, security updates, patches, etc. You should still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free (Link).
My wife has been telling me for ages that I should upgrade my PC, so maybe your warning is the sign I should heed to finally retire this thing and get something with an SSD in it.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:42 AM

Built my PC and I like it. I'm too lazy to plug my PC into my TV though and I do miss being able to lounge on the couch and play but the visual upgrades are nice.

As for PS5, this is all small tidbits so far rather than a proper reveal but I'm glad a 4K player is present since my current 4K player is without Dolby Vision. All in all it sounds like it's gonna be a solid device without reinventing the wheel. Same as PS4, and that's fine.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club