High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Gaming Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/gaming-smackdown-42/)
-   -   PS4 vs. Xbox One exclusives to date (comprehensive list, updated every 3 months) (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/gaming-smackdown/143283-ps4-vs-xbox-one-exclusives-date-comprehensive-list-updated-every-3-months.html)

RedRedSuit 02-16-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2574386)
Its not my game rules, red said he would leave it <ROTTR> as exclusive until it launches on ps4.

Actually, what I wrote (first post) was:

Quote:

One thing I will probably NOT do is try to figure out which timed exclusives stop being timed... it's just too painful with all the indies. Though if anyone wants to take on that and correct me, feel free. Anyway, for the purposes of console dick measuring, timed exclusives are still exclusives.
So I probably won't make the updates for games like ROTTR, unless I figure out an easy way to detect _all_ timed exclusives at the time when they stop being exclusives. Probably there isn't a way, so leaving it alone for dick measuring purposes.

cuco33 02-16-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2574394)
Please don't relitigate the SF V exclusivity thing in here. Please. I'm extra protective since it's my thread for once.

---

So your discussion made me wonder why Killer Instinct Season 2 wasn't included in X1's exclusives list. (Obviously it would have been in the DLC category, not retail, but it still should have been there.) Turns out Metacritic doesn't list it in its high-scores table (http://www.metacritic.com/browse/gam.../all?sort=desc) because it has fewer than 7 reviews. I didn't know that at the time, but this made me check it, and now I do. It only lists games with 7 or more scores.

I'm sure I'll be called a crony for it, but that seems like a fair policy in terms of stats, so I'm leaving it alone. Obviously the same applies to PS4 games.

SF5 being exclusive in an exclusive meta thread is fair game for anything bud

Btw, heard of opencritic? Getting a ton of buzz lately with no secret formula. You should open up the scoring to include both metacritic and opencritic scores.

RedRedSuit 02-16-2016 01:35 AM

Of course it's fair game, but no one is going to say anything new on that subject at this point, so I'm just asking as a courtesy to not do it. But whatevs.

weasl 02-16-2016 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr (Post 2574373)
So your response is idiotic?

Sounds good. :)

Yes I tailored the IQ level to your posting habits. I figured I would used caps because it would get your attention and get you to post. Still it begs the question why you think DLC Packs somehow equate to altering the score of an entire game since usually people review DLC by itself. One also wants to know if DLC gets a lower score then the base game does that mean the base game gets a lower score? Is Driveclub now an 79 metacritic after the Bikes expansion? Explain this new found logic that shakes the foundation of what a game's actual metacritic score is.

weasl 02-16-2016 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2574399)
SF5 being exclusive in an exclusive meta thread is fair game for anything bud

Btw, heard of opencritic? Getting a ton of buzz lately with no secret formula. You should open up the scoring to include both metacritic and opencritic scores.

Never heard of it, took a look and the first thing that struck me was that it excludes foreign language reviews unlike metacritic.

RedRedSuit 02-16-2016 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasl (Post 2574402)
Yes I tailored the IQ level to your posting habits. I figured I would used caps because it would get your attention and get you to post. Still it begs the question why you think DLC Packs somehow equate to altering the score of an entire game since usually people review DLC by itself. One also wants to know if DLC gets a lower score then the base game does that mean the base game gets a lower score? Is Driveclub now an 79 metacritic after the Bikes expansion? Explain this new found logic that shakes the foundation of what a game's actual metacritic score is.

Im sure he didn't think about any of it very hard.

Anyway, DLC is included in the OP like any other game, assuming it has enough reviews. Obviously it doesn't count as a high-priced/retail game and thus wouldn't be found in that particular grouping.

weasl 02-16-2016 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2574407)
Im sure he didn't think about any of it very hard.

I'm sure he wasn't. Still I expect the score to drop a bit due to all the content they're adding later. Releasing a half finished game is just ripe for reviewers to go crazy, more so if you've told them it's coming later, even if for free. I'll put some time into it when it lands tomorrow, SF has never had much of a single player component outside of unlocking titles and colors along with a mediocre Arcade mode story sections so I'll just end up picking away it in ranked matches. Gotta make sure I hit up Ranked earlier when there's more scrubs playing so I have half a chance at getting the trophy for winning ranked matches in a row.

michealo 02-16-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2574393)
PD cant keep a straight face about much. We are still waiting for features advertized at shows/boxes. Hell, GT5P never got the damage patch and spec 3.0 in that holiday some 6+yrs ago ;)

I am just pointing out the funnies here with SF5. Cronies keep preachin it aint exclusive even though sony and capcom continued to say it was, clarified exactly what exclusivity was.

And all of this has been discussed a handful of times already. But hey, ya never know what tomorrow holds! Meaning we pick and chose what counts when devs and hardware makers speak...

Tumbleweeds??? I think my last post was like 2 days ago. Tumbleweeds is WI disappearing after getting thrashed over psmove.

You're spinning out of control, damage patch?
Funny is you constantly flip-flopping on this stance

at least WI had the dignity to not ragequit and cry about GT in the parting shot :shamebag1:

cuco33 02-16-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michealo (Post 2574410)
You're spinning out of control, damage patch?
Funny is you constantly flip-flopping on this stance

at least WI had the dignity to not ragequit and cry about GT in the parting shot :shamebag1:

Oh look at who went back to the same ol personal BS... this SF5 being exclusive, well according to you it might not be because we dont know what tomorrow will bring, sure got you shook brah ;)

michealo 02-16-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2574411)
Oh look at who went back to the same ol personal BS... this SF5 being exclusive, well according to you it might not be because we dont know what tomorrow will bring, sure got you shook brah ;)

Did you not also state "as we know now" that SFV is exclusive?

How am i shook?
Please detail this but be mindful of the glass house around you