PS4 vs. Xbox One exclusives to date (comprehensive list, updated every 3 months) - Page 241 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-20-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
All I know for sure is that seeing what ray tracing could do even for a game like Minecraft blew me away.
You should check out the Quake 2 RTX video from DF. It's quite amazing.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post

Borderlands 2 runs pretty much perfectly even on the limited PSVR hardware. Not sure how much more complexity you are looking for in games

and yes im sure frame rate is a little better than a base PS4 on a PC whos graphic card alone probably costs 2-3 times the price of the PS4.
And not to be needlessly argumentative. If Frame rate is a deal breaker for you and you have all that extra disposable money then absolutely I can see why you would go for PC. Its just never been an issue for me vs the ease of use of console. Especially given the cost vs performance ratio. But hey. I spent all that extra money for a better VR experience than PSVR could offer so clearly no problem with people spending extra for the things they consider important
I'll say this...it's a "out of sight, out of mind" thing. If you're use to one thing and that's all you do, then the thought of something else is going to be unimportant. You'll be dismissive of it. Which, is perfectly normal. The benefit on a console is that it turns of that "perfectionist" part of the brain. It's because you know the hardware is locked and you can't do anything with it. However, you also know it could be better...if you have another place to play it in a higher end fashion.

However, the moment you make that jump and see the other side...it'll click. There's just something about the performance difference and options that becomes something more to each user. The flexibility of it all is incredibly enticing. In fact, I think it gradually makes you a more demanding user. Sure, not everything is going to be a perfect time out of the gate. Yes, some headaches are definitely to be had. Lord knows, I've had quite a few. Especially given that I can be incredibly demanding. As, I want both a PC and a Console experience from one device. So, I want my PC ports to be the best they can be and give me the ability to do what I want with it. It's one of the reasons why I hate multiple launchers and prefer the most streamlined releases. I praise those that get it right. You'll also run across errors that are strictly the realm of the PC. Like the recent Konami Anniversary releases not support exclusive fullscreen or having an exit to desktop option. It seems silly to those that don't understand why those two things are kinda important.

I also don't really think PC gaming is THAT much more expensive than console gaming. Especially if you only focus on one and that becomes your main. Games are cheaper and the range of hardware options certainly allow flexibility. And, the hardware you do buy isn't disposable in the same way a console is. So, those 18 month refreshes don't require a whole hardware dump.

Again, it really depends on what you focus on how much freedom you want. I personally enjoy the fact that my Steam account has gone through 5 machines and counting. That my collection has followed me through multiple generations and I didn't have to repurchase stuff to get a better experience.

I'm also not a 4K dragon chaser either. As I vastly prefer higher frame rate gaming. I think the sweet spot for a modest to high end build is 1440p.

Last edited by twonunpackmule; 06-20-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Well, it probably doesn't matter as much now since the console warring around here is no longer High Stakes Biz, but how do people about the new rumors that the PS5 and next Xbox might actually be on par, or that the PS5 might even have a slight edge, rather than the earlier assumptions that the Xbox was going to be noticeably more powerful?
I'm looking forward to DF's zoomed in 4k comparison shots.

Probably going to go PC next gen, Sony's censoring my anime titty games now.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
I'm looking forward to DF's zoomed in 4k comparison shots.

Probably going to go PC next gen, Sony's censoring my anime titty games now.
Steam's got them a plenty and completely uncensored.