High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Gaming Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/gaming-smackdown-42/)
-   -   PS4 vs. Xbox One exclusives to date (comprehensive list, updated every 3 months) (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/gaming-smackdown/143283-ps4-vs-xbox-one-exclusives-date-comprehensive-list-updated-every-3-months.html)

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 02:03 AM

PS4 vs. Xbox One exclusives to date (comprehensive list, updated every 3 months)
 
UP TO DATE TO: 7/1/2016.

Much discussion has been had about exclusives and how many more or better ones one platform has. Well, this is a topic that interests me, so here's the answer. I copied this from the other huge thread and updated it with the most recent stuff.

I plan to update it every 3 months, because Metacritic has a convenient page summarizing the last 90 days, so it'll be easy. One thing I will probably NOT do is try to figure out which timed exclusives stop being timed... it's just too painful with all the indies. Though if anyone wants to take on that and correct me, feel free. Anyway, for the purposes of console dick measuring, timed exclusives are still exclusives.

If I messed anything up let me know.

Hopefully this is useful as a list of exclusives as opposed to JUST a dick-measuring thing.

---

Methodology/reasoning:

First of all, an average of exclusive scores is a stupid metric, because it's useless. For example, if Xbox One has 5 exclusives that scored in the 50s and 5 that were 90+, while PS4 has only 3 that were 90+ but no shit-scoring games, then it would make PS4 have a higher average, which is misleading. The only metric that makes any sense is to count the number of games above a certain score. This is the only thing Darkfalz was ever right about. Averages in this context are useless. Just count the number of good games.

Now, here's the answer.

I'm going to split up the data in three categories: retail (or high-priced, such as Elite: Dangerous) releases that are not remasters; retail/high-priced releases INCLUDING remasters; and finally simply all games (so basically add in smaller/downloadable games).

A remaster is any game that is ported from another version that was released earlier, even if the new release is significantly different (e.g., Tearaway Unfolded... really it's a new game from the Vita version, but to be charitable to Xbox One I'll still call it a remaster here).

I'll do 90+, 85+, and 80+ game counts. The numbers are huge under 80 anyway, to the point where who has more doesn't really matter.

This should satisfy any conceivable need for information: whether you care about smaller games or not; remasters or not; and whatever you consider to be your Metacritic score threshold. It's all here.

Note that an exclusive is any game that appears on that system but not on the OTHER system. If it appears on some 3rd system, like PC, then it still counts. This is a perfectly reasonable definition; this is a ****-fight of the 2 systems, not some other discussion. So all the other systems are irrelevant for this comparison.

---

Source:
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/gam...ered?sort=desc
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/gam...ered?sort=desc

---

LEGEND:
# means game was released in Q2 of 2016.
@ means game was released in Q1 of 2016.
All other games were released in 2015 or earlier.

ALL games:

PS4

90-100 = 6 games -- PS4 wins by 5 --
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End #
The Last Of Us Remastered
Journey
Bloodborne
flower
Fez
85-100 = 26 games -- PS4 wins by 17 --
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
The Talos Principle
TowerFall: Ascension
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
OlliOlli 2: Welcome To Olliwood
Resogun: Heroes
Rocket League
Resogun: Defenders
The Witness @
Day Of The Tentacle Remastered @
MLB The Show 16 @
Salt And Sanctuary @
Crypt Of The NecroDancer @
Android Assault Cactus @
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir #
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- #
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered #
Ratchet & Clank #
80-100 = 64 games -- PS4 wins by 44 --
ZEN Pinball 2 (4 games)
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Resogun
Axiom Verge
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
Trine 2: Complete Story
Transistor
MLB 14: The Show
N++
Galak-Z: The Dimensional
Sportsfriends
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore
Tearaway Unfolded
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Nuclear Throne
Helldivers
Broken Age
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
God of War III: Remastered
Pix the Cat
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Grim Fandango Remastered
inFamous: Second Son
Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within
Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours
Gravity Rush Remastered @
ZEN Pinball 2: Aliens Vs. Pinball #
Enter the Gungeon #
Invisible Inc. #
Downwell #
Alienation #
Score Rush Extended #
Grand Kingdom #

Xbox One
90-100 = 1 game
Inside #
85-100 = 9 games
Ori and the Blind Forest
Forza Motorsport 6
TitanFall
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon 2
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition @
Killer Instinct Season 3 #
80-100 = 20 games
Halo 5: Guardians
Rare Replay
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Castle Crashers Remastered
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Forza Horizon 2: Storm Island
Kalimba
Sunset Overdrive
Elite: Dangerous
SMITE
Superhot #

All retail/high-priced games (remasters INCLUDED -- downloads/smaller gamers NOT included):

PS4

90-100 = 3 games -- PS4 wins by 3 --
The Last Of Us Remastered
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End #
85-100 = 10 games -- PS4 wins by 5 --
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
MLB The Show 16 @
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir #
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- #
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered #
Ratchet & Clank #
80-100 = 21 games -- PS4 wins by 11 --
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
MLB 14: The Show
Tearaway Unfolded
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
God of War III: Remastered
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
inFamous: Second Son
Gravity Rush Remastered @
Grand Kingdom #

Xbox One
90-100 = NO games
85-100 = 5 games
Forza Motorsport 6
TitanFall
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon 2
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
80-100 = 10 games
Halo 5: Guardians
Rare Replay
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Sunset Overdrive
Elite: Dangerous

Retail/high-priced games (remasters NOT included; downloads/smaller games NOT included):

PS4

90-100 = 2 games -- PS4 wins by 2 --
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End #
85-100 = 6 games -- PS4 wins by 2 --
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
MLB The Show 16 @
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- #
Ratchet & Clank #
80-100 = 12 games -- PS4 wins by 5 --
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
MLB 14: The Show
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
inFamous: Second Son
Grand Kingdom #

Xbox One
90-100 = NO games
85-100 = 4 games
Forza Motorsport 6
TitanFall
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon 2
80-100 = 7 games
Halo 5: Guardians
Sunset Overdrive
Elite: Dangerous

---

Summary: PS4 wins all 9 contests. Formerly Xbox One used to tie or even slightly lead in 1-3 of the 9, mainly in the 85-100 non-remaster/non-indie area, but that's not the case any longer either.

As it stands, as you can see, PS4 completely dominates with smaller/downloadable games; and now has a quite decent advantage at the 90+ high end. Xbox One's formerly much-touted exclusive advantage WAS in the mid-range (85+) retail/high-price spectrum, by literally 1-2 games, but that's no longer true, and the opposite is true.

I'm sure some people will want to dismiss a few lesser known Japanese games in the retail/high-priced list; but even if those were thrown out, there are only a couple, so it doesn't really change much.

As for a personal note... I think the main disappointing thing about PS4's exclusive output is not really how it compares to Xbox One. If you're being objective, they're really both not that great on that count. No, what's disappointing about PS4's exclusives is the low output from Sony's much-touted studios: Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Polyphony Digital. And it's not that they're putting out disappointing games; they're just not really putting out games at all -- they're all either late or not even announced (SSM). However, at least Uncharted 4 is out now.

P.S. I somehow missed 2014 PS4 exclusive Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- in my first two incarnations of this post. So the <=2015 and Q1 2016 totals were slightly off. Damn....

michealo 01-15-2016 07:32 AM

Interesting results, hopefully this year shakes things up a bit

Dennis M. 01-15-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570011)
Retail/high-priced games (remasters NOT included; downloads/smaller games NOT included):

PS4

90+ = 1 game -- PS4 wins by 1 --
Bloodborne
85+ = 2 games
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
80+ = 6 games
MLB 14: The Show
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
inFamous: Second Son

Xbox One
90+ = NO games
85+ = 4 games -- Xbox One wins by 2 --
Forza Motorsport 6
TitanFall
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon 2
80+ = 7 games -- Xbox One wins by 1 --
Halo 5: Guardians
Sunset Overdrive
Elite: Dangerous

Great post Red.

Concentrating on the retail/AAA and AA :tongue: list, because reasons, I'd say that for my own personal taste, the Xbox line-up is much better. I would gladly play almost all those games whereas on the PS4 I'd only be interested in Infamous and maybe Bloodborne. And I haven't actually bought either of them.

But this really shows how much exclusives have diminished in terms of relative importance. 13 games in 2+ years between the two of them is nothing.

Quote:

As for a personal note... I think the main disappointing thing about PS4's exclusive output is not really how it compares to Xbox One. If you're being objective, they're really both not that great on that count. No, what's disappointing about PS4's exclusives is the low output from Sony's much-touted studios: Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Polyphony Digital. And it's not that they're putting out disappointing games; they're just not really putting out games at all -- they're all either late or not even announced (SSM).
Pretty much.

cuco33 01-15-2016 10:24 AM

Metacritic still on that pedestal!

But red did say he was eventually going to make this post. Guess his unbiased view didnt like the mantra of #ps4aintgotnogames ;)

I fully agree that the list of exclusives have been seriously lacking this gen but didnt know that high rated ones have only been 13 in over 2 years across both platforms. Thats just sad, and is one of many examples that backs my point how this console generation sucks.

Join the PC yacht club everyone!

Averry 01-15-2016 10:44 AM

Its baffling as to Sony's lack of out put from it's big guns. I mean, from Sony's perspective, it's a failure to capitalize on its huge install base and rake in dough. I don't really think that's going to change in a dramatic way. Getting out Uncharted will be huge, but I don't think it's going to be the start of a big shift.

RM 01-15-2016 11:40 AM

Taking red's original list, I thought it would be interesting to look at what games are remasters, what games are also available on PC, and what games are actual exclusives.

PS4 - 41 games total - 7 remasters - 22 games also on PC - 12 true exclusives

The Last Of Us Remastered
Journey

Bloodborne
flower
Fez
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
The Talos Principle
TowerFall: Ascension

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
OlliOlli 2: Welcome To Olliwood

Resogun: Heroes
Rocket League
Resogun: Defenders
Zen Pinball 2 (4 games)
Resogun

Axiom Verge
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
Trine 2: Complete Story
Transistor

MLB 14: The Show
N++
Galak-Z: The Dimensional
Sportsfriends

Skullgirls: 2nd Encore
Tearaway Unfolded
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Nuclear Throne
Helldivers
Broken Age
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

God of War III: Remastered
Pix the Cat
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Grim Fandango Remastered

inFamous: Second Son
Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within
Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours


Xbox One - 15 games total - 3 remasters - 6 games also on PC - 6 true exclusives

Ori and the Blind Forest
Forza Motorsport 6
TitanFall
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon 2
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Halo 5: Guardians
Rare Replay
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Castle Crashers Remastered

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Forza Horizon 2: Storm Island
Kalimba
Sunset Overdrive
Elite: Dangerous

Note that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to PC on January 28th, so less than 2 weeks from now. Also, Skullgirls 2nd Encore is supposedly coming to the PC as DLC for the base game, but no date on that yet.

No real smackdown intended with this post, but I wanted to demonstrate the point that many of us have brought up: If you own a decent PC, either console is a tough sell because most of these games can be picked up on Steam. The PC versions are often cheaper at launch due to GreenManGaming deals, and many of them run better on the PC as well. If you're looking at true exclusives, there's just not a significant list of heavy hitters on either console.

The next time you hear someone express apathy or disappointment with the PS4/XB1, this probably has something to do with it.

cuco33 01-15-2016 12:29 PM

Rm, your list has a few dlcs there so I wouldnt add them as being "true exclusives". Both lists have them. As an example you have Resogun, Resogun Heros and Resogun Defendenders. You also didnt include FM5 nor the FM5 F&F expansion, but did count FH2 Storm Island. Also, isnt ROTR on PC or set to come out on PC?

I think if we all agree to this definitive list of exclusives (metacritic or not) that red should update his initial post (for convinience). I would really like to see this list being solid showing how many high rated exclusives both consoles have.

BettiePage 01-15-2016 12:44 PM

tomb raider has always been timed exclusive... when they went and announced it as being MS exclusive they clarified it being for the holidays after folks bitched about it on social media.

RM 01-15-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570030)
Rm, your list has a few dlcs there so I wouldnt add them as being "true exclusives". Both lists have them. As an example you have Resogun, Resogun Heros and Resogun Defendenders. You also didnt include FM5 nor the FM5 F&F expansion, but did count FH2 Storm Island.

As I said, I was taking Red's original list and looking at it in a vaccum. If I had been making my point from scratch rather than on the back of his thread, I would have taken the whole library. Obviously that would take a lot more time to sort through though.

By only looking at the 80+ games, we get down to the real meat of the arguments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570030)
Also, isnt ROTR on PC or set to come out on PC?

I mentioned that in my post. It's on PC in less than two weeks. It certainly has been an exclusive, but 10 weeks is a pretty tiny window of exclusivity...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570030)
I think if we all agree to this definitive list of exclusives (metacritic or not) that red should update his initial post (for convinience). I would really like to see this list being solid showing how many high rated exclusives both consoles have.

Red's cut-off was a Metacritic score of 80. That's why Forza 5 isn't on the list - it got a 79. If you want to make the argument that 75, or even 70 should have been the cut-off, by all means go for it. But I don't think many people would agree that games scoring between 70-79 are "highly rated". With the bulk of review outlets still using the "Six to Nine scale", I think there's good reason to only look at 80 and above.

cuco33 01-15-2016 12:59 PM

OK, I personally think metacritic worship is a crock but if the argument is based on meta 80+ games then by all means go for it. If I had a say I would say 75 and higher, because perfect score is 100 and decent/good game could be a quarter off that mark so 75. But I am not making the rules. This was pitchforked reactions against a single poster, mid, due to AAA and great titles and the whatever score its supposed to be.

Still not sure why dlc are in these lists. I still think PC is the best way to go because the console exclusives are fairly light. The stand out big titles are even less.

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 01:00 PM

Correct. Only 80+ are included. I explained why I didn't try to list lower scoring exclusives in the original post. Essentially there are too many of them at that point. But feel free to do it if you want. I'll warn you it's not that easy.

For dick measuring purposes the 80/85/90 categories should be more than enough.

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Averry (Post 2570021)
Its baffling as to Sony's lack of out put from it's big guns. I mean, from Sony's perspective, it's a failure to capitalize on its huge install base and rake in dough. I don't really think that's going to change in a dramatic way. Getting out Uncharted will be huge, but I don't think it's going to be the start of a big shift.

Indeed, I wrote similar in the OP, and Dennis quoted agreement also.

To keep it in perspective, however, if you look at the first party retail games, MS has done only a little better. Yes, they were able to put out Halo a few months earlier than Uncharted, and Forza is regularly releasing unlike GT. And... that's it.

Your comment about a lack of a shift is affected by that point. Also, at least on paper, this year for PS4 looks good and would indeed be a shift. But I know better than to announce this as fact; delays and cancellations are all too frequent.

RM 01-15-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570034)
OK, I personally think metacritic worship is a crock but if the argument is based on meta 80+ games then by all means go for it. If I had a say I would say 75 and higher, because perfect score is 100 and decent/good game could be a quarter off that mark so 75. But I am not making the rules. This was pitchforked reactions against a single poster, mid, due to AAA and great titles and the whatever score its supposed to be.

I don't think it's "Metacritic worship", as almost no one here really gives a shit about their scores anymore. It's just a universal number that we can all point to and see very clearly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570034)
Still not sure why dlc are in these lists.

Metacritic splits them out as such, so it does make some sense if you're looking specifically at their scores. It should be obvious we would roll them up in any discussion other than Metacritic numbers though. I doubt you will see any Cronies trying to argue Resogun actually counts as 3 games.

Basically, the Metacritic numbers are a place to start the conversation - not the beginning and end.

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570034)
OK, I personally think metacritic worship is a crock but if the argument is based on meta 80+ games then by all means go for it. If I had a say I would say 75 and higher, because perfect score is 100 and decent/good game could be a quarter off that mark so 75. But I am not making the rules. This was pitchforked reactions against a single poster, mid, due to AAA and great titles and the whatever score its supposed to be.

Still not sure why dlc are in these lists. I still think PC is the best way to go because the console exclusives are fairly light. The stand out big titles are even less.

80+ is a cutoff for a great many people, myself included. mid's cut off is (well, was) 85.

DLC is included for those that care about it. If you don't, there is specifically a section which removes it from considerations.

I know for a fact that downloadable add-ons can be significant. The ones that aren't won't be scored highly anyway.

cuco33 01-15-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570035)
Correct. Only 80+ are included. I explained why I didn't try to list lower scoring exclusives in the original post. Essentially there are too many of them at that point. But feel free to do it if you want. I'll warn you it's not that easy.

For dick measuring purposes the 80/85/90 categories should be more than enough.

If 80 is the threshold its probably cleaner to just leave it 80 and above. Dont see value breaking it up 80/85/90 but thats on you.

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570042)
If 80 is the threshold its probably cleaner to just leave it 80 and above. Dont see value breaking it up 80/85/90 but thats on you.

It's not broken up.

The three sections are independent. If you don't care about 85+ or 90+, you just ignore those sections.

To be clear, the 80+ section counts all games 80 and higher (not just 80-84).

cuco33 01-15-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570042)
If 80 is the threshold its probably cleaner to just leave it 80 and above. Dont see value breaking it up 80/85/90 but thats on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570038)
80+ is a cutoff for a great many people, myself included. mid's cut off is (well, was) 85.

DLC is included for those that care about it. If you don't, there is specifically a section which removes it from considerations.

I know for a fact that downloadable add-ons can be significant. The ones that aren't won't be scored highly anyway.

I just dont get why dlc would even make it in. Its the game that matters, not so much the dlc. As an example resogun, a small indie title, is counted up 3x because of the 2 dlcs heroes and defenders. Like imagine if halo 5 dlc came out every quarter (kind of like cod) and reviewed, that halo 5 could potentially get counted 5x rather than once. Another example, forza 4 had the porsche expansion pack, but I would only have counted fm4 only and not the expansion; and imagine if all dlcs were reviewed? Fm4 would have gotten added up like 10x if rated 80 or above. Obviously some dlc is much better than others and even stand alone.
But again, its your thread and rules. I just think its strange counting it.

cuco33 01-15-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570043)
It's not broken up.

The three sections are independent. If you don't care about 85+ or 90+, you just ignore those sections.

To be clear, the 80+ section counts all games 80 and higher (not just 80-84).

Gotcha. I just see it as extra effort to split out more tiers that arent really needed. If it were my thread id set the threshold at 75 or 80 and list all games, split em up as indies and full titles maybe.

Still, will be intersting to see how bad current gen is. Thats my mantra, my motto. Im all about that pc nowadays, and I wouldnt count games also available on pc as well. One main reason to get into a console is for the exclusives, the games that arent available anywhere else. Both consoles will suffer if you remove games also available on pc.
Too many variables

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570044)
I just dont get why dlc would even make it in. Its the game that matters, not so much the dlc. As an example resogun, a small indie title, is counted up 3x because of the 2 dlcs heroes and defenders. Like imagine if halo 5 dlc came out every quarter (kind of like cod) and reviewed, that halo 5 could potentially get counted 5x rather than once. Another example, forza 4 had the porsche expansion pack, but I would only have counted fm4 only and not the expansion; and imagine if all dlcs were reviewed? Fm4 would have gotten added up like 10x if rated 80 or above. Obviously some dlc is much better than others and even stand alone.
But again, its your thread and rules. I just think its strange counting it.

The size is what matters. I didn't count the Bloodborne expansion as a full game, because it's not. Bloodborne is. The Bloodborne expansion IS however a big game; that's why it is included. It isn't a full-price game, so it's not counted in that list.

Anyway, you can see easily that the expansions have little effect on the result because PS4 has so many more titles anyway.

P.S. Map packs are not typically reviewed, so it's pointless to imagine it. Expansions are reviewed and are fair-game.

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570046)
Gotcha. I just see it as extra effort to split out more tiers that arent really needed. If it were my thread id set the threshold at 75 or 80 and list all games, split em up as indies and full titles maybe.

I DID split out full titles vs. smaller games.

85+ and 90+ have been oft-discussed tiers on this board and needed to be included.

Every conceivable combination is in the OP.

cuco33 01-15-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570050)
I DID split out full titles vs. smaller games.

85+ and 90+ have been oft-discussed tiers on this board and needed to be included.

Every conceivable combination is in the OP.

OK cool then. Still disagree on approach to include dlcs and not factor games also available on pc. My reason being it really shows game exclusives to console with the only threshold being metascore 80 and higher

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570052)
not factor games also available on pc.

rm did that for you.

CorruptedDragon 01-15-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570049)
The size is what matters. .

That's the same thing your mom told me. BEWM!!!!!!!


Anyway--- I'm just feeling very excited that RRS was so rattled by PS4aintgotnogames that he spent hours of research on this and collecting it all.

What happened to you man?!

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon (Post 2570055)
That's the same thing your mom told me. BEWM!!!!!!!


Anyway--- I'm just feeling very excited that RRS was so rattled by PS4aintgotnogames that he spent hours of research on this and collecting it all.

What happened to you man?!

Trollus Vulgaris,

it took about 20 minutes.

CorruptedDragon 01-15-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570056)
Trollus Vulgaris,

it took about 20 minutes.

There has been a rattling......have you felt it?

miDnIghtEr 01-15-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570038)
80+ is a cutoff for a great many people, myself included. mid's cut off is (well, was) 85.

DLC is included for those that care about it. If you don't, there is specifically a section which removes it from considerations.

I know for a fact that downloadable add-ons can be significant. The ones that aren't won't be scored highly anyway.

For a great game... easy.

Weird that game reviewers can change their points they give out on reviews, yet people like us can't update theirs?

miDnIghtEr 01-15-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon (Post 2570055)
That's the same thing your mom told me. BEWM!!!!!!!


Anyway--- I'm just feeling very excited that RRS was so rattled by PS4aintgotnogames that he spent hours of research on this and collecting it all.

What happened to you man?!

I was going to write up something similar but then said fuck it.

There has been a rattling is correct! ha ha.

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr (Post 2570058)
For a great game... easy.

OK. Then Halo 5 is not a great game, correct?

Anyway, this is exactly why I broke it down by 80+, 85+, and 90+. So that all moods and preferences are covered!

Quote:

Weird that game reviewers can change their points they give out on reviews, yet people like us can't update theirs?
Not sure what this means exactly. Do you have a new cut-off for what a great game is? Is that what you're saying? If so, what is it now? Is it 84? 80?

Also not sure what you mean by game reviewers changing their points. Retroactively changing a score is quite rare, at least if the game has been out for a month or more.

michealo 01-15-2016 03:26 PM

Acceptance is the final step

CorruptedDragon 01-15-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michealo (Post 2570065)
Acceptance is the final step

Aye, it's taken you guys quite awhile to get to realizing that ps4 aintgotnogames.
I'm proud of you. :redface:

michealo 01-15-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon (Post 2570066)
Aye, it's taken you guys quite awhile to get to realizing that ps4 aintgotnogames.
I'm proud of you. :redface:

You mean aside from Bloodborne?
Pretty tough to ignore it, especially in this thread

CorruptedDragon 01-15-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michealo (Post 2570067)
You mean aside from Bloodborne?
Pretty tough to ignore it, especially in this thread

Aye, it is tough to ignore that the Xbox One has more higher rated retail exclusives than the PS4.

You can be my gen10 titanfall wingman anytime!

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon (Post 2570068)
Aye, it is tough to ignore that the Xbox One has more higher rated retail exclusives than the PS4.

Only by some metrics, and even in those by only 2 or 1 games, depending on the metric used. Hence this thread.

And by 1 metric (the one that used to be called AAA!), PS4 even has more!

PS4
90-100 = 1 game -- PS4 wins by 1 --
85-100 = 2 games
80-100 = 6 games

Xbox One
90-100 = NO games
85-100 = 4 games -- Xbox One wins by 2 --
80-100 = 7 games -- Xbox One wins by 1 --

If anything, this thread shows that #nextgenconsolesaintgotnoexclusiveretailgames, not #ps4aintgotnogames. That's the annoying thing about facts: they can be verified as such.

CorruptedDragon 01-15-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRedSuit (Post 2570069)
Only by some metrics, and even in those by only 2 or 1 games, depending on the metric used. Hence this thread.

And by 1 metric (the one that used to be called AAA!), PS4 even has more!

PS4
90-100 = 1 game -- PS4 wins by 1 --
85-100 = 2 games
80-100 = 6 games

Xbox One
90-100 = NO games
85-100 = 4 games -- Xbox One wins by 2 --
80-100 = 7 games -- Xbox One wins by 1 --

If anything, this thread shows that #nextgenconsolesaintgotnoexclusiveretailgames, not #ps4aintgotnogames. That's the annoying thing about facts: they can be verified as such.

So, on one hand you are saying that 1 or 2 games doesn't make a difference.....yet you guys pull out Bloodborne all the time which is one game above 90.

Something doesn't compute.......

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon (Post 2570074)
So, on one hand you are saying that 1 or 2 games doesn't make a difference.....yet you guys pull out Bloodborne all the time which is one game above 90.

1. I am not responsible for what other people say. ("you guys")

2. I am only showing that the margin of "victory" for 80+/85+ for Xbox One is about the same as the margin for "victory" for 90+ for PS4: very small.

3. I didn't say it doesn't make a difference. I implied it's not a big difference.

Quote:

Something doesn't compute.......
Yeah. Your trollbrain.

michealo 01-15-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon (Post 2570068)
Aye, it is tough to ignore that the Xbox One has more higher rated retail exclusives than the PS4.

You can be my gen10 titanfall wingman anytime!

i can easily acknowledge Xbox One has a bunch of titles that didn't attain 90+ and "settled" below that.
i'm done with TF, even a Gen 20 chip wouldn't bring me back. TF2 though? :drool03:

twonunpackmule 01-15-2016 05:10 PM

#thisgenaintgotnogames

cuco33 01-15-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twonunpackmule (Post 2570080)
#thisgenaintgotnogames

#thisgensucks

#jumpinthosepcyachts

RedRedSuit 01-15-2016 05:32 PM

Plenty of games but most aren't exclusive.

Gutter21 01-15-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuco33 (Post 2570081)
#thisgensucks

#jumpinthosepcyachts

You can go that route and state that but I dont think Sony would agree
Hardware selling like hotcakes Son...........


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.