PS3 Launch Outsells Xbox 360 Launch - Page 11 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
I've used both, and the 360 controller is the same one they used on the Xbox, and they both suck. It's big, clunky and like holding a rock compared the the PS3 controller. PS3 has and will always be the best controller of the two. It's hard to improve on perfection, so why do it? If you look, above, you'll notice I've already corrected the price discrepancy, and I agree, I wouldn't get Gold either, at any price.
I have to raise the BS flag here, Godstar. While, I think most of your posts make at least a little sense, I must respectfully disagree with you that the original Xbox and X360 controllers are identical. They made many adjustments which enhanced its usability and performance.

Last edited by james; 01-09-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
As to the difference between that of the 360 and the PS3 OS, sure it's probably marginally better from what I've seen, but I would expect that from an OS company that's been doing things of that nature for the last 20 years. Is it anything I'm that concerned about? Not really. Like I said, I don't buy video game consoles based on their UI. It has about a %5 importance factor when I buy a console.

Improvements in UI are the most visible but generally the least signicant component that 20 years of experience in OS development will bring to a platform. If anything, if you are seeing shortcomings in the UI, trust me that there will be even more significant shortcomings in the deeper OS - UI always gets fixed first because of its visibility.

Last edited by Blurry; 01-09-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I have to raise the BS flag here, Godstar. While, think most of your posts make at least a little sense, I must respectfully disagree with you that the original Xbox and X360 controllers are identical. They made many adjustments which enhanced its usability and performance.
Nice "little" slam there James, I guess I could say the same for your posts as well. They are identical in their appearance and the way they felt. The 360 controller is actually heavier than the Xbox controller since it has to hold the 2 rechargeables. Whatever changes they made, I don't know since I haven't looked at them side by side, weren't that much more noticeable. It's like the difference between the PS2 and PS3 controller. I could say they upgraded it and enhanced their performance - but what they really did was just increase the size of two of the buttons. My point wasn't that either has bad controllers, I could care less about it really, they are both usable in my opinion, it's that you can't label a system "superior" based off an subjective opinion such as "the UI is better" or "the controller of that system is better". Both are irrelevant in my opinion, and it's just being nit-picky.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Improvements in UI are the most visible but generally the least signicant component that 20 years of experience in OS development will bring to a platform. If anything, if you are seeing shortcomings in the OS, trust me that there will be even more significant shortcomings in the deeper OS - UI always gets fixed first because of its visibility.
Probably so, it's not like Microshaft hasn't had experience with that over, and over, and over, and over again.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
noobydoo

Quote:
Nice "little" slam there James, I guess I could say the same for your posts as well. They are identical in their appearance and the way they felt. The 360 controller is actually heavier than the Xbox controller since it has to hold the 2 rechargeables. Whatever changes they made, I don't know since I haven't looked at them side by side, weren't that much more noticeable. It's like the difference between the PS2 and PS3 controller. I could say they upgraded it and enhanced their performance - but what they really did was just increase the size of two of the buttons. My point wasn't that either has bad controllers, I could care less about it really, they are both usable in my opinion, it's that you can't label a system "superior" based off an subjective opinion such as "the UI is better" or "the controller of that system is better". Both are irrelevant in my opinion, and it's just being nit-picky.
Same way I feel about HDMI and Blu ray.. Its gaming that matters and the 360 has got that covered well. 160 titles now and 300 by years end.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobydoo View Post
Same way I feel about HDMI and Blu ray.. Its gaming that matters and the 360 has got that covered well. 160 titles now and 300 by years end.
Yeah definetly depends on what's out there on both which are exclusives. I'll no doubt get a 360 too (the next version), without the HD player, just to get some of the 360 only games. I just don't want to piss my wife off too much yet, having just bought at PS3. However, it will have to be titles that are completly different from one another to warrant buying them. Getting a great shooter on one isn't any different than getting one on another if the story is non-existant.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:55 PM

God I miss these days. So much passion and erraticism in these arguments. People were really swinging for the fence back then LOL.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer1978 View Post
God I miss these days. So much passion and erraticism in these arguments. People were really swinging for the fence back then LOL.
See your PMs then!
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

I'm calling BS on this.. we're talking about game consoles, how many of those sales were as a blu-ray player? It's the cheapest on the market!

Spoiler